Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question. How do you uninstall coverfloader from preloader? i am down to 275blocks and think that installing coverfloader took a chunk from my already small amount of space. i think i will be using a channel to load from once i get this uninstalled. thanks for any help.

tpepsiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
scognito said:
Wiiboxart site will be disabled in upcoming RC9 version, in favour of wiitdb.com
This site has other informations like ESRB rating, number of players, and other things that we will hope to add soon.
It also doesn't have bandwidth limitation.

Please note also that RC9 will not load covers with 3-4 digits anymore, just 6 digits one, that is more standard.

that sounds relly good can't wait
smile.gif

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems with the latest build (R752) not able to get covers from wiitdb.com? I can see that it talks to the website and says it is doing things but I keep getting 'some error occurred' through the whole process of downloading covers. When it is finished there is nothing there. I've renamed the appropriate folders where the covers and stored so that it would start from scratch and no luck. There is nothing in those folders after the download process.

Also does the wiitdb.zip file go in the usb-loader directory?

I've been able to get wiitdb.com to work with USB Loader GX wiht their latest build by renaming the folders so that it would start a download from scratch. Funny thing is that I tried to play Ghostbusters with this build and that is broken now but works fine with Coverfloader.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
CuriousG said:
Has anyone had problems with the latest build (R752) not able to get covers from wiitdb.com? I can see that it talks to the website and says it is doing things but I keep getting 'some error occurred' through the whole process of downloading covers. When it is finished there is nothing there. I've renamed the appropriate folders where the covers and stored so that it would start from scratch and no luck. There is nothing in those folders after the download process.

Also does the wiitdb.zip file go in the usb-loader directory?

I've been able to get wiitdb.com to work with USB Loader GX wiht their latest build by renaming the folders so that it would start a download from scratch. Funny thing is that I tried to play Ghostbusters with this build and that is broken now but works fine with Coverfloader.

Are you trying to use the 3d 'full' covers?, from what i can see no full covers have been uploaded yet to that site

_Belial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried to load harry potter HBP from coverflow? I'm running RC8, all other games work fine, but for some reason harry potter just bombs out to HBC when i click it, works fine off dvd though?

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
Are you trying to use the 3d 'full' covers?, from what i can see no full covers have been uploaded yet to that site

As a matter of fact I was. When it didn't work the first time I tried it, I also tried the standard 2D covers before I tried to recompile it again. I'll give the 2D another try and report my findings later.

tpepsiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
_Belial said:
Has anyone tried to load harry potter HBP from coverflow? I'm running RC8, all other games work fine, but for some reason harry potter just bombs out to HBC when i click it, works fine off dvd though?

Same here mate but the game that don't work for me is my sims racing.

won't load from loader but loads from original disc ???

don't have harry potter on wii i got that on my 360. so can not test that out sorry.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
tpepsiman said:
_Belial said:

Same here mate but the game that don't work for me is my sims racing.

won't load from loader but loads from original disc ???

don't have harry potter on wii i got that on my 360. so can not test that out sorry.

These games should work fine.
Ive got my sims racing working with cios10 and the latest build of this loader.
If your using RC8 with the anti 002 fix or 002 fix it prob wont work because there was a bug with the per game settings which was getting corrupted.
Try the latest build and it should be fine, if you cant compile youself then RC9 should be out very soon.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
Try the latest build and it should be fine, if you cant compile youself then RC9 should be out very soon.

Very very soon
wink.gif

Added support for regional covers, but didn't test since I don't have french/dutch/corean games.
Need feedback so we can release RC9.

Scognito.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question. Just tried 751. Alll works great but is there anyway to change the way the cover flips back to how it was?

Thanks for all the work you guys do for us!!!

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
Quick question. Just tried 751. Alll works great but is there anyway to change the way the cover flips back to how it was?

Thanks for all the work you guys do for us!!!

Do you mean how the back cover is displayed?.

I like how it flips over but it needs to be zoomed in more if possible. If youve got the front cover zoomed in on the options then it would be great that when you flip over to the rear, then the rear cover is also zoomed, as at the moment its in the distance.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
Yeah the back cover. I'm getting on now and the old mince pies don't work so well
biggrin.gif

lol... me too !!!

Hopefully one of the developers can sort out the zoom in function on the rear cover.
Ill put a request in on google code.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
dancemonkey said:
Yeah the back cover. I'm getting on now and the old mince pies don't work so well
biggrin.gif

lol... me too !!!

Hopefully one of the developers can sort out the zoom in function on the rear cover.

what zoom in? I used to see that in RC7 but in RC8 it's gone. you press 2 and it just turns without zooming back.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
ridgecity said:
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
dancemonkey said:
biggrin.gif

lol... me too !!!

what zoom in? I used to see that in RC7 but in RC8 it's gone. you press 2 and it just turns without zooming back.

Yes your right, when you click '2' it turns to the rear cover but doesnt zoom in.
This is what we are asking the developers if it can be done.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
RolloS60 said:

Excellent work done by the developers.

Just so people know, its worth deleting your gamelist.xml file if your upgrading from rc8, as rc8 corrupted this file with per game settings.
RC9 fixes the problem but if the file is already corrupted then per game settings wont work in RC9 either, so just delete the file and RC9 will create a new one.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The covers don't display and I keep getting code dumps! help! I'am on rev13a

testing RC9 in a sec...

edit: btw is there any animated forwarder channels for coverflow?

edit:edit: Does this support alt-dol loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think