Not open for further replies.

asuperdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
hmm, can you upload that 667 dol for me? If you don't have an account anywhere, just use sharebee
Troy: I noticed that fishears just requested that folks do not post compiled DOL's from the SVN. My guess is that the development team wants to avoid unstable builds (made with different tool chains) from polluting the internet.
smile.gif

I'm going to try compiling r669 later, based on LoRD RPG's posted success.

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I spoke too soon or not, but this morning my daughter wanted to play Spyro: Dawn of the Dragons. Loaded it up and found the WiiMote had stopped responding at the screen where you need to press "1"

The only thing I was able to do with the WiiMote was to use the Power Button to shut the unit down.

I did get the game working with R669, but I'll get to that further on......

I removed the SDHC Card and reverted back to RC6, then booted the Wii. When I loaded CoverFloader, it loaded, but that was all it would do. The CoverFloader RC6 would not respond to the WiiMote even though one of the 4 LEDs was lit to show it was connected.

I tried using RC6 twice with the same results, so I reloaded R669.

After this, I opened CoverFloader, then selected Spyro: Dawn of the Dragons. But this time I clicked on the settings Cog in the upper right corner and enabled VIDPATCH after which I loaded the game and I was able to get past the point where you need to press "1".

The WiiMote is working just fine as my daughter and her friend are busy playing it right now.
smile.gif

A couple of notes, in CoverFloader - the main settings, I have video mode set to Automatic seeing as I have both NTSC and PAL games installed. With my games, I usually don't touch the individual settings per game.

But it appears that when you upgrade from RC6 to one of the current builds, you can't revert back to RC6 "possibly" cause of the deletion of the old gameslist.xml or maybe something else that was changed by the current builds.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
LoRD RPG said:
Not sure if I spoke too soon or not, but this morning my daughter wanted to play Spyro: Dawn of the Dragons. Loaded it up and found the WiiMote had stopped responding at the screen where you need to press "1"

The only thing I was able to do with the WiiMote was to use the Power Button to shut the unit down.

I did get the game working with R669, but I'll get to that further on......

I removed the SDHC Card and reverted back to RC6, then booted the Wii. When I loaded CoverFloader, it loaded, but that was all it would do. The CoverFloader RC6 would not respond to the WiiMote even though one of the 4 LEDs was lit to show it was connected.

I tried using RC6 twice with the same results, so I reloaded R669.

After this, I opened CoverFloader, then selected Spyro: Dawn of the Dragons. But this time I clicked on the settings Cog in the upper right corner and enabled VIDPATCH after which I loaded the game and I was able to get past the point where you need to press "1".

The WiiMote is working just fine as my daughter and her friend are busy playing it right now.
smile.gif

A couple of notes, in CoverFloader - the main settings, I have video mode set to Automatic seeing as I have both NTSC and PAL games installed. With my games, I usually don't touch the individual settings per game.

But it appears that when you upgrade from RC6 to one of the current builds, you can't revert back to RC6 "possibly" cause of the deletion of the old gameslist.xml or maybe something else that was changed by the current builds.
As far as I can remember, once you've been into a game's settings then they will override the main settings... What I'm trying to say is, clicking the settings button is the same as "touching" the game's settings... does that make sense to you
wink.gif

If you delete the gamelist.xml ALL revisions will create a new one that works with that revision. Bye bye settings but Hello working loader.

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda figured as much
smile.gif

Main settings = General settings for all games
Individual game settings = over ride CF settings for the selected game.

BTW.....

Being fairly new to the scene, it hadn't stopped to think that the gamelist.xml file would be on the SDHC card. Call it a brain fart if you will, but for some reason I was thinking it was stored in the nand.
wacko.gif

Had a flash of foresight and checked the SDHC card just before typing this reply.

- NEED MORE COFFEE
blink.gif

Only been doing this since I first read about it on LifeHacker.com

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
Updated first post to provide link to RC7 release (r673).

Enjoy
smile.gif
Thanks!
smile.gif

Works great and the art work is clean.

In R669 the art work was a bit pixelated (blocky), Most notable when you
would zoom in on the images, but not so noticeable when default size.

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
* Anti_002_fix from WiiPower? working with cIOS rev10
* 002 Fix from WiiPower? working with CIOS 13a (Indy, MySimsRacing?, GBusters all work)

I just want to make sure I understand this, but the first point says these games with the 002 work with rev10, while the second point says they work with rev13a, so I'm a bit confused. I have rev10, so will RC7 make Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones work? Will I have to download the Anti_002_fix, or is it built in? Or do I have to install rev13a?
Bottom line is, what do I need apart from rev10 and RC7 for Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones?
Also, please provide links if I need rev13a (I can only find rev13b anymore), or if I need anything else.

Thanks a lot. This has made packing my Wii and games around so much simpler. Now just got to get Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones working for me.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
Updated first post to provide link to RC7 release (r673).

Enjoy
smile.gif

nice update but im having trouble with the covers cant get them working(offline way havnt got wii networked)) but disk art works ok.
ive placed covers in SD:/usb-loader/covers/ at 160x254 full 6 digit game id but nothing even tried 160x255

oh yeah and 3d covers dont work either ive olaced them it SD:/usb-loader/3dcovers as the read me say to but no go

any help would be great

thanks

videoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also not getting 3d covers. I deleted my usbloader folder, then told RC7 to download them all. Took a few minutes getting them all, but after it was done, my 3dcovers folder was empty.

Copied the files over from the RC6 folders I'd backed up and it worked.

Also, +/- buttons no longer navigate.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
LoRD RPG said:
All my covers are 160x224 and they're working just fine.

I've got 13b on my system, not 13a

im on rev 10 that might be the problem but all other loaders work with covers exept this one???

whats your dir structure like for your sd and or usb??

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
pepxl said:
LoRD RPG said:

im on rev 10 that might be the problem but all other loaders work with covers exept this one???

It works flawlessy, we didn't changed the cover code, except from where download (and it works ok since I tested it).

AND THE CIOS DOESN'T MATTER WITH COVERS

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
scognito said:
pepxl said:
LoRD RPG said:

It works flawlessy, we didn't changed the cover code, except from where download (and it works ok since I tested it).

mmmm i might be doin something wrong but ive never had covers showing in any rev of coverfloader and cannot pinpoint why it if you can help that would be great?

i cannot download the covers directly can my wii isnt connected to the net

here my sd dir for the flat covers

2qk3zg4.jpg

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type/size SD Card do you have?

Is your SD Card locked or unlocked? I'm noticing you have all Pal Covers... are you sure you have all Pal games?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
pepxl said:
scognito said:
pepxl said:
LoRD RPG said:

mmmm i might be doin something wrong but ive never had covers showing in any rev of coverfloader and cannot pinpoint why it if you can help that would be great?

i cannot download the covers directly can my wii isnt connected to the net

here my sd dir for the flat covers

2qk3zg4.jpg
your 2d covers should be 160x224

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
videoguy said:
Also not getting 3d covers. I deleted my usbloader folder, then told RC7 to download them all. Took a few minutes getting them all, but after it was done, my 3dcovers folder was empty.

Copied the files over from the RC6 folders I'd backed up and it worked.

Also, +/- buttons no longer navigate.
Were you in 3d cover mode on Graphics Settings when you clicked to download covers? It only downloads 3d if your display is set to that mode.
We moved the -/+ navigation to left/right on the d-pad - it was only ever meant to be there temporarily

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I wasn't around to reply, I had gone out for a while to take my daughter to the museum and Walmart.

The directory structure is:

:\apps\
:\private\
:\usb-loader\
:\wad\

The images directory structure is:

:\usb-loader\3dcovers\
:\usb-loadercovers\
:\usb-loaderdisks\
:\usb-loadergames\

:\usb-loader\gamelist.xml
:\usb-loadersshot.png
:\usb-loader\titles.txt
:\usb-loader\wiicoverflow.xml

BTW....

I hope you solved your problem seeing as you were using the wrong number in the image resizer.
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
tpepsiman said:
This is the best loader by far i think

the new "Cheat Manager (beta)" the kids love it

question:
is there a way to download all cheat .txt files like covers
a button i can click. if not would it be posible to add one.

downloading one by one is a pain.

thanks
Thanks - that's great news because kids can be tough critics
wink.gif

A batch downloader for cheats is a good idea - it will definitely be in the next official download, and probably sooner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: