Status
Not open for further replies.

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to get a microphone working. From reading this thread it looks like I need cIOS38 rev13a. I don't know a whole lot about cIOS. When I set up my Wii for USB loader, I installed cios36 rev10. Now do I have to do anything about that before I can put on cIOS38 rev13a, or will it just overwrite and/or co-exist? Also that part mentioned about about having to always use the same port for the USB drive, does that only apply to cIOS38 rev13b or does it apply to other ones as well?

Thanks, sorry if these are basic questions

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mateyo said:
Matt93 said:
Could someone upload the latest revision or just PM me the dol? I'm eager to get the latest. Much appreciated!
+1 would love to try out the new stuff which was added since rc6

Has anything noteworthy been added? Or are you just one of them guys that likes to have everything extremely current? Just curious what's actually been changed and too lazy to read the technical update notes on the googlecode page.

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
wuher69 said:
I would like to get a microphone working. From reading this thread it looks like I need cIOS38 rev13a. I don't know a whole lot about cIOS. When I set up my Wii for USB loader, I installed cios36 rev10. Now do I have to do anything about that before I can put on cIOS38 rev13a, or will it just overwrite and/or co-exist? Also that part mentioned about about having to always use the same port for the USB drive, does that only apply to cIOS38 rev13b or does it apply to other ones as well?

I use this loader and CIOS rev12. Microphone works great. People complain about rev12 claiming it has slower loading times but they aren't significant in my opinion. Besides, it's a price I'm willing to pay for a working mic.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
Has anything noteworthy been added? Or are you just one of them guys that likes to have everything extremely current? Just curious what's actually been changed and too lazy to read the technical update notes on the googlecode page.
There have been over 100 revisions since RC6. Of course there are noteworthy additions. If you're too lazy to read the changelog well then thats too bad isn't it? I'm not going to post it for you.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
Ossot said:
There have been over 100 revisions since RC6. Of course there are noteworthy additions. If you're too lazy to read the changelog well then thats too bad isn't it? I'm not going to post it for you.

Well right on. Damn my naivety. My noob ass was thinking a cvs changelog would be filled with little change regardless of how minuscule. However, after looking over it though, my mistake is obvious. Had I known such noteworthy things as 'bit of cleanup for new graphic settings' could be found by just clicking the changes tab -- my god I would never have posted. Clearly I should've just taken the time to read the lines one by one. Only now after posting and making a complete fool of myself do I see how it easy it is to see all the amazing, and quite possibly, "game changing" updates. I'm sure the Wii homebrew scene will be turned on it's head after the next release.

Thanks for the invaluable tip.

edit: holy shit guys, Matt, I'm sure your aware. But if you do manage to grab a copy of the -current, they added '3 is better than 5 happyface.' Maaan o maaan. NOTEWORTHY son. NOTEWORTHY.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha.
biggrin.gif
Seriously made my day!

http://wiicoverflow.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/Changelog.wiki

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonny615 said:
wuher69 said:

I use this loader and CIOS rev12. Microphone works great. People complain about rev12 claiming it has slower loading times but they aren't significant in my opinion. Besides, it's a price I'm willing to pay for a working mic.

Hmm so 12 is ok? And as far as loading the CIOS, does it just overwrite the other one? Co-exist? I don't need to uninstall anything, right?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Ossot said:
Matt93 said:
Ossot said:

Well right on. Damn my naivety. My noob ass was thinking a cvs changelog would be filled with little change regardless of how minuscule. However, after looking over it though, my mistake is obvious. Had I known such noteworthy things as 'bit of cleanup for new graphic settings' could be found by just clicking the changes tab -- my god I would never have posted. Clearly I should've just taken the time to read the lines one by one. Only now after posting and making a complete fool of myself do I see how it easy it is to see all the amazing, and quite possibly, "game changing" updates. I'm sure the Wii homebrew scene will be turned on it's head after the next release.

Thanks for the invaluable tip.

edit: holy shit guys, Matt, I'm sure your aware. But if you do manage to grab a copy of the -current, they added '3 is better than 5 happyface.' Maaan o maaan. NOTEWORTHY son. NOTEWORTHY.

Built-in cheat manager... is that noteworthy?
and FYI, 3 IS better than 5

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't insinuating the updates wouldn't be good, or have some nice changes. Nor was I insulting the update notes in the log. It was just the fact I simply asked if there were any highlights and the guy responded like a complete ass; instead of just admitting he had no clue what any real changes were either.

My sarcastic laid reply wasn't to demean the work of the devs or the application. Just to illustrate that his response made him a complete douchebag.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...yeah about that, you actually were exactly insinuating the updates weren't good. Take a look at your rant. That was the whole point. Lol, I'm a douchebag? Thanks. How about you go and take a look at what caused that response.

Ossot said:
Just curious what's actually been changed and too lazy to read the technical update notes on the googlecode page.
If you're too lazy to pull up a changelog, then no one is going to pull it up and copy it over here for you. And you assume because I don't tell you, that I don't know what the changes were. Sorry bud, but that's not the case. I've been following this ever since its early development. Why do you expect me to get that info for you if you're too lazy to go look at a changelog yourself? Think about that.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
any idea when RC7 will be released? my request to add HDD info and amount of games installed have been implemented, so I'd like to know when I can use it
biggrin.gif

orangejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question. Is it possible to have 2 HDD's running at the same time? I'm worried I'm gonna fill my 750GB one pretty quick and would love it if I could just plug another one in next to it (that I already own) rather than having to buy a new larger one.

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
orangejon said:
Just a quick question. Is it possible to have 2 HDD's running at the same time? I'm worried I'm gonna fill my 750GB one pretty quick and would love it if I could just plug another one in next to it (that I already own) rather than having to buy a new larger one.

Out of context, but 750GB filled with games? Thats roughly 150 games.....

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, if you fill even a 250gb hard drive you're doing it on purpose. And by that I mean you're downloading every random piece of crap game just because you can. I love my Wii, and I don't own another console, but there seriously aren't even 30 GOOD Wii games. And that's not even going to take 100gb.

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, am new to the Wii scene, but I have not seen that many games released for it. And among those released, I would play a handful few. I am currently having a hard time filling my 350 GB HDD.

RolloS60

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With r662 CoverFloader can load new games (like Indiana Jones, MySims Racing, Punch-out, GBusters) with cIOS rev10.
(Thanks to WiiPower)

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RolloS60 said:
With r662 CoverFloader can load new games (like Indiana Jones, MySimsRacing, GBusters) with cIOS rev10.
(Thanks to WiiPower)

See, now THAT'S a highlight. Not a minor bug fix that 99.99% of people will never notice. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1