Not open for further replies.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the new settings menu looks awesome. Also, on r514 at least, I get no more issues with the covers showing the wrong ones, or image corruption or anything.

I haven't checked to see if it happens every time yet, just did a quick runthrough, and it appears the statusbar is loading as a corrupted image though on load (and on cover download).

Also, cover downloading appears to be broken, I'm not getting any new 3d covers downloaded for games I know the cover exists for (PunchOut US, for example.) I'm going to check my SDHC when I get more time to see if there's an image on the card for them or not or what's happening there.

Edit: Turns out there's 0byte .png files for all of the covers that aren't showing.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like there might be an issue w/ djtaz changing his site to 6-digit codes instead of the 4-digit ones. I think either Nullkill or Hibern need to change their code to accept one or the other (or both)...

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
sounds like there might be an issue w/ djtaz changing his site to 6-digit codes instead of the 4-digit ones. I think either Nullkill or Hibern need to change their code to accept one or the other (or both)...

Well, once I deleted the 0byte files everything downloaded fine.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Also, cover downloading appears to be broken, I'm not getting any new 3d covers downloaded for games I know the cover exists for (PunchOut US, for example.) I'm going to check my SDHC when I get more time to see if there's an image on the card for them or not or what's happening there.

Edit: Turns out there's 0byte .png files for all of the covers that aren't showing.

QUOTE(mooseknuckle2000 @ Jun 3 2009, 09:41 PM) sounds like there might be an issue w/ djtaz changing his site to 6-digit codes instead of the 4-digit ones. I think either Nullkill or Hibern need to change their code to accept one or the other (or both)...

Im not sure if thats what did it , but its a 2 second fix if thats the cause.

In theory 4 digit and 6 digit should both work fo covers that are there , but it sounds like the problem might be with images that dont exist on the site - the site should return a blank page for any missing image now instead of the old 'no cover' image it used to give.

6 digits
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/fullcover/RJ2E52.png

4 Digits
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/fullcover/RJ2E.png

Wrong cover
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/fullcover/NONE.png

Top 2 should give the same image (only difference being when u right click and SAVE AS) and bottom should give a blank page as there is no cover with that name.

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to propose an Idea.

First of all I'd like to say Thank you for all the hard work on this great loader.

Now, is it possible to integrate the Gamma disc loader into this to have one loader to do everything? Possibly press up on the D-pad to change to Disc Loading screen. then in the furure possibly integrate some sort of channel loading.

I donno it's just an Idea and I'm not sure if it's even possible. I figured I'd run it by you guys.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
it sounds like the problem might be with images that dont exist on the site

That was my impression as well, I think the last time I downloaded covers it must've handled something weird and given me the 0-byte files, and then since there was an image already present, even a blank one, that when I tried to update it wouldn't work.

OwenRW

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded and built the current SVN version, and it seems pretty good...

However, I have a problem which is reproducable (at least on my Wii): Whenever i try and change out of 3D Cover view, CoverFlow crashes. (I have included the stack and code dump below)

I also have a commentary on the images for On / Off... It's difficult to tell if something is selected... perhaps the 'Off' button should be made to look indented?

Also, (and i assume it's because they are being scaled up and as with having a big TV the effect is magnified), but the icons for 'Options' and the icon for 'Add Game' have a lot of artifacts.

As a final suggestion, I think it would be better to have the 'Home' button the WiiMote take you out of the options menu rather than the 'B' button
smile.gif

It is looking very good though!

CODE
Exception (DSI) occurred!
[FAR TOO MANY REGISTERS TO COPY DOWN]

STACK DUMP:
8004FAA4 --> 8004FAA0 --> 800D1E8C --> 800D2714 --> 800D2754

CODE DUMP:
8004FAA4: 912B000C 61400001 7D46512E 90060004
8004FAB4: 419A0024 7FC3F378 4BFFE159 80010014
8004FAC4: 83C10008 83E1000C 7C0803A6 38210010

D

Deleted-171178

beegee7730 said:
Ima compile and try.
c:/CoverFloader/CoverFlow/source/main.c: In function 'main':
c:/CoverFloader/CoverFlow/source/main.c:766: error: expected expression before ',' token
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2
...help?

D

Deleted User

Hi, I just wanted to ask if the devs have completely abandoned the idea of hiding/showing covers as a parental control? I searched the issues and it was mentioned in few places, but those issues were closed and there were no open issues about it.

I'm asking because our Wii is used by kids too, so I can't move those "mature" games (Resident Evil etc.) into the usb hdd.

D

Deleted-171178

nolodude said:
Hi, I just wanted to ask if the devs have completely abandoned the idea of hiding/showing covers as a parental control? I searched the issues and it was mentioned in few places, but those issues were closed and there were no open issues about it.

I'm asking because our Wii is used by kids too, so I can't move those "mature" games (Resident Evil etc.) into the usb hdd.
...Second...

KeesK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
beegee7730 said:
beegee7730 said:
Ima compile and try.
c:/CoverFloader/CoverFlow/source/main.c:766: error: expected expression before ',' token
...help?
Did you delete the 'build' folder?

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to use this loader. BTW, about how many games will a 60GB HD hold? Do they even sell any HDs under 120GB? If so, can someone direct me to it because I only have a very few games and want to spend as little money as possible.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nolodude said:

I just added an initial implementation of this in r526.

Currently it doesn't "Hide" covers; rather it just doesn't let them load. Eventually it will hide the games; but this was a first pass just to get the settings working.

Anyway, if you want to try it; you can build r526, and Lock/Unlock the game in the game settings menu.

D

Deleted-171178

KeesK said:
beegee7730 said:
beegee7730 said:
Ima compile and try.
...help?
Did you delete the 'build' folder?
Didn't work.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can some 1 please put up a newer build of the loader that fixes the 'snow' issue, i cant built it myself. A PM with a newer version would be great too.
Could some 1 please also tell us what version off rev 13 we should install. The 1 with the 002 fix (13b) or the one without (13a) so the wiipower fix will be inside the loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more +1