Status
Not open for further replies.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3D cases look absolutely stunning! I can't wait until it is released...
Any reasons why it can't be released (as a .dol) yet? Is it less stable or are certain features not working?

When I requested this I never thought you would be able to make it look this good and in such a short amount of time.
I'm really very impressed with the work you guys are doing.

Big thanks to all involved.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very cool, thanks for the video
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
The only problem...
The lack of full covers on theotherzone.
But thats not your fault
smile.gif

Ill scan any in I can on sunday.

Lol in all fairness , I only wrote the code for the full covers section on Wed night - today is friday and theres already

258 Pal covers out of 752
431 NTSC covers out of 581
15 NTSCJ covers out of 287

So for two days its not too bad to have a total of just under 50% of the covers out there considering Bubba and Blinddude have pretty much single handedly gathered most of them on their own.

We still need people to scan missing covers and upload - should have the lot soon enough
biggrin.gif

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Great Video... but you left out hte best part!!!
smile.gif
Hit 2 when over a center cover to flip it around and see the back!

ANy better ideas for the interface for flipping? I also have code so that when you leave the pointer over a cover it flips it (and when you move the mouse away it flips back)

I liked the hitting 2 method b/c then I can save the flip information; which lets you go through and flip all your covers (and leave them flipped) if you want.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh snap! I should have known that. I'll try finding my digital camera + tripod and making a better quality video.

I think when you select the game, it'd be real nice if it flipped around and 'slid' over to the side and then the menu could slide out from left.. the way the game load, delete, and back buttons show up now is kind of choppy.

Anyways, off to record a video.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepperoni said:
Oh snap! I should have known that. I'll try finding my digital camera + tripod and making a better quality video.

I think when you select the game, it'd be real nice if it flipped around and 'slid' over to the side and then the menu could slide out from left.. the way the game load, delete, and back buttons show up now is kind of choppy.

Anyways, off to record a video.

Agreed' I think smoothing out the transition to the load screen should be a priority

Also, I think i want to set it up so that you can flip over to the back cover when you see the cover on the load screen.

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic work!

How would I go about compiling the latest code into a working dol? What compilers do you use for Wii projects?

Thanks for your help.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nullkill said:

Great Video... but you left out hte best part!!!
smile.gif
Hit 2 when over a center cover to flip it around and see the back!

ANy better ideas for the interface for flipping? I also have code so that when you leave the pointer over a cover it flips it (and when you move the mouse away it flips back)

I liked the hitting 2 method b/c then I can save the flip information; which lets you go through and flip all your covers (and leave them flipped) if you want.

Make it flip if you tilt the remote

bennykurns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, the 3D covers are a really nice addition.

It'd be great to have a .dol for this, I would compile it myself, but I can't see how to get the all of the source files.

bennykurns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It'd be great to have a .dol for this, I would compile it myself, but I can't see how to get the all of the source files.

KeesK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bennykurns said:
I downloaded TortoiseSVN for this.

QUOTE(Nullkill @ May 29 2009, 07:48 AM) I just added 3d Covers to wii cover flow... currently its bleeding edge stuff so im not posting a link... works very well in my test though.
For those who want to test; 3d Covers works great in
http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/source/detail?r=466
You have to uncomment #define D3_COVERS 1 in coverflow.h to turn on 3d covers for now
When you build and run that; you have to go back to the "download" button, which will download 3d covers for you.
Once that is done; you should have 3d covers... may need to restart (shouldn't have to, but im not sure)
When you have 3d covers, move the pointer of the center case and hit 2 to flip the case. the loader remembers flipped covers for that session... IIRC!
Like i said, im not posting a link b/c this is very raw... but very cool... Only want those capable of building to test it atm.
Enjoy!
Works great and looks a lot better! (I used r469 on PAL Wii with 40+ games, about half of the covers were available.)

BrolicJakob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrolicJakob said:
I just downloaded this program and damn, it's sexy, but I've run into a problem. It was able to identify and rip Super Smash Brothers, but when I tried to rip Bleach, it froze. Thinking maybe it was just Bleach, I tried to copy some Gym game that was laying around but it froze again. I was just wondering if this was a common problem and if there is any way to fix it.

I'm still having this problem. Does anyone have a fix or suggestions?

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a couple of ideas...
for the cover flipping part; how about if you hold A and B you can "grab" and rotate the specific case around the z-axis. -- smoothly, but locks at specific angles (effectively 180 degrees so you can see the back, or 90 if you choose so so people can see the side).

also,
if you push + or -, you can zoom in and get a full size image of the cover (IE if you want to look at the back cover to see how many players the game is or something you can look at it clearly)

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
sm32 said:
a couple of ideas...
for the cover flipping part; how about if you hold A and B you can "grab" and rotate the specific case around the z-axis. -- smoothly, but locks at specific angles (effectively 180 degrees so you can see the back, or 90 if you choose so so people can see the side).

also,
if you push + or -, you can zoom in and get a full size image of the cover (IE if you want to look at the back cover to see how many players the game is or something you can look at it clearly)

I like the idea of a quick zoom on the covers... We should do that...

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shoot me but I just tried the 3D covers and I think it does not look that good. No offense to the coders because they did a AMAZING job, but I stick with my pimped out Dutch 2D version.

Also the icons and buttons are a bit out of tune so I remade them. Just trowing it in here but the original Coverflow is 2D and 3D makes it look a bit cheap.

Who will ever use the function to see the back side if it is unreadable?

Anyone shares theses thoughts or should I just keep my mouth shut?

DSlnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lourens said:
Shoot me but I just tried the 3D covers and I think it does not look that good. No offense to the coders because they did a AMAZING job, but I stick with my pimped out Dutch 2D version.

Also the icons and buttons are a bit out of tune so I remade them. Just trowing it in here but the original Coverflow is 2D and 3D makes it look a bit cheap.

Who will ever use the function to see the back side if it is unreadable?

Anyone shares theses thoughts or should I just keep my mouth shut?

Keep it shut, better for everyone.
It's as cheap as the Flamish flag

ewanfoleor

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry Lourens, I do not agree with you.
It's a matter of design. I'd like to see the box similar to the original. I like the the coverflow 3D.
It could still use a bit of tweeking but I think they have done an amazing job.

I also don't read the back of my original Wii box, but it would look a tad cheap if they sold it without.
If functionality is the only feature, you could just as well, put the games in paper sleeves without artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...