Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about this loader. I have some images that were added to my drive through this loader and the standard loader and they show up and work fine. I have a couple of images that were added to the drive via the WBFS manager (PC) and they show up and work in the standard loader but do not show up in the coverflow loader. Is there some config file or something I need to add these files to to get them to show up or is something else going on? I thought that the loader would scan the drive for additions but I guess that isn't the case.

NyNe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem:
coverflow is downloading corrupt png files with no dimensions and filesize 997 bytes when told to auto download covers

note:
disc images seem fine, just the case covers (main cover) has this issue

i have:
a wii with the 4.0 system menu
cIOS36_rev10
-i had to use downgradetools (found in a topic here somewhere) to get cios installed
the homebrew channel 1.0.3
a usb loader forewarder called hdd forewarder
-loading coverflow in either the homebrew channel or through the forewarder both have the same issue
coverflow rc3

everything else works absolutely fine, loading games, installing games to the hd, the light/dark themes, all of it seems fine accept the case covers

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what program to use rip ISOs from CDs to the PC?
Ripping the game using USB loaders takes too long.

It is more convenient to use the PC, it takes about 1/10th of the time.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry I hadn't thought of searching.
Just did a quick search and realized that Imgburn could do it. Wow.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just added 3d Covers to wii cover flow... currently its bleeding edge stuff so im not posting a link... works very well in my test though.

For those who want to test; 3d Covers works great in

http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/source/detail?r=466

You have to uncomment #define D3_COVERS 1 in coverflow.h to turn on 3d covers for now

When you build and run that; you have to go back to the "download" button, which will download 3d covers for you.

Once that is done; you should have 3d covers... may need to restart (shouldn't have to, but im not sure)

When you have 3d covers, move the pointer of the center case and hit 2 to flip the case. the loader remembers flipped covers for that session... IIRC!

Like i said, im not posting a link b/c this is very raw... but very cool... Only want those capable of building to test it atm.

Enjoy!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it downloading the back and front covers or the 3d boxart versions ?

If its the full covers , not all of them are on the site yet - 408/530(ish) covers are there so far , but still a few missing so thats one possible reason for it not to download them all.

BrolicJakob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded this program and damn, it's sexy, but I've run into a problem. It was able to identify and rip Super Smash Brothers, but when I tried to rip Bleach, it froze. Thinking maybe it was just Bleach, I tried to copy some Gym game that was laying around but it froze again. I was just wondering if this was a common problem and if there is any way to fix it.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
my thoughts exactly
anyway it doesn't bother me that much
and yes it's downloading back + front cover

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a suggestion for the coders of loaders to make life a little easier for everyone.

The loaders can in theory auto request missing covers by submitting a link to the site when a cover is missing. The link would be :

Boxart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={Game+Human+Readable+Name}&id={GAME ID- 6 digits}&region={REGION}&discart=no
Discart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={Game+Human+Readable+Name}&id={GAME ID- 4 digits}&region={REGION}&discart=yes
3d Boxart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={Game+Human+Readable+Name}&id={GAME ID}&region={REGION}&discart=3d

I'm not sure if the human readable game name is in there on the games but im sure it is somewhere , but having the loader send the request for a game to the site means that pretty much any game that anyone is missing will be submitted to the site and shouldnt take too long to be available for everyone.
biggrin.gif

I know one or two i have been speaking to in PM with different loaders are working to add this feature already.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
keyra said:
my thoughts exactly
anyway it doesn't bother me that much
and yes it's downloading back + front cover

It does download from the boxart coversite the full cover and as already stated as they arent complete yet this is why some covers are missing.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Nullkill @ May 29 2009, 06:48 AM) I just added 3d Covers to wii cover flow... currently its bleeding edge stuff so im not posting a link... works very well in my test though.

For those who want to test; 3d Covers works great in

[url=http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/source/detail?r=466]http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/source/detail?r=466[/url]

You have to uncomment #define D3_COVERS 1 in coverflow.h to turn on 3d covers for now

When you build and run that; you have to go back to the "download" button, which will download 3d covers for you.

Once that is done; you should have 3d covers... may need to restart (shouldn't have to, but im not sure)

When you have 3d covers, move the pointer of the center case and hit 2 to flip the case. the loader remembers flipped covers for that session... IIRC!

Like i said, im not posting a link b/c this is very raw... but very cool... Only want those capable of building to test it atm.

Enjoy!

This is working great, thanks for the code update. The 3d cover look awesome and i love how it splits the full cover download into front and back, and the flip just looks wikid.
This is the best looking loader out there by far.

The new fonts also look very nice.

Great work by all the developement team.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could some1 put a video up with the 3d cover functonality please? (or a link to a dol file if allowed, PM would also be OK for the link)

D

Deleted-171178

Spidy1000 said:
Could some1 put a video up with the 3d cover functonality please? (or a link to a dol file if allowed, PM would also be OK for the link)
...Second.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
acecube said:
My Wii: First generation Wii (2006) + Wiikey 1 + HBC v.1.0.3 + cIOS rev9 installed + cIOS rev10 (installed after rev9)

I still have some issues with the update function of your loader.

Yesterday I downloaded rev420.dol, copied it to SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
After unlocking with ab121b I could upload the loader. The download seemed to work fine (I could see the progress bar)
After downloading it, the loader wanted me to reboot. The Wii went into the HBC automatically. I started "USB Loader GX" from HBC and I got the error message "Dies ist keine gültige Wii-Anwendung" (translated: "this is not a valid Wii application")
If I start it with the forwarder from the wii menu I get a black screen. (no error message).

Today I tried to update from rev423 to rev427 (also copied to SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol). When I try to update I get the same problem like above!

What can I do?

You're in the wrong topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djtaz said:
I have a suggestion for the coders of loaders to make life a little easier for everyone.

The loaders can in theory auto request missing covers by submitting a link to the site when a cover is missing. The link would be :

Boxart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={Game+Human+Readable+Name}&id={GAME ID- 6 digits}&region={REGION}&discart=no
Discart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={Game+Human+Readable+Name}&id={GAME ID- 4 digits}&region={REGION}&discart=yes
3d Boxart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={Game+Human+Readable+Name}&id={GAME ID}&region={REGION}&discart=3d

I'm not sure if the human readable game name is in there on the games but im sure it is somewhere , but having the loader send the request for a game to the site means that pretty much any game that anyone is missing will be submitted to the site and shouldnt take too long to be available for everyone.
biggrin.gif

I know one or two i have been speaking to in PM with different loaders are working to add this feature already.

I have to look on how to make http requests but i think the easiest way is to call your page from a HTTP 404 response.
This will automate the process but there is no information about game human readable name.
I'll have a look though anyway.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
found something interesting too, when you press 1 it shows your coverflow rev
didn't know that
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted-171178

The only problem...
The lack of full covers on theotherzone.
But thats not your fault
smile.gif

Ill scan any in I can on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat