Hacking Couldn't install 249, in a 2.2 Wii, neither make a safe update

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The system is a 2.2, running under ios21 accord the HBC, I was able to install HBC, but I can't access to programs like anytittle deleter, it don't let me upgrade to 4.2 via safe update. No gamecube memory cards inserted.

I was able to install a wad channel through WADmanager, so I think the 249 install somehow...

Help Please, my friend will have a sad xmas if I don't repair his Wii

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
The system is a 2.2, running under ios21 accord the HBC, I was able to install HBC, but I can't access to programs like anytittle deleter, it don't let me upgrade to 4.2 via safe update.

I was able to install a wad channel through WADmanager, so I think the 249 install somehow...

its best to update through nintendo safely 4.2 in your case of the 2.2 wii
then just follow my guide or CSG.

4.2 isn't an issue anymore.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is just a guess, but does the system have IOS 36 on it? A lot of homebrew won't work without it, afaik. If you don't want to try the above methods, maybe try installing IOS 36.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
xzxero said:
OriginalHamster said:
The system is a 2.2, running under ios21 accord the HBC, I was able to install HBC, but I can't access to programs like anytittle deleter, it don't let me upgrade to 4.2 via safe update.

Do you have a link?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
daxtsu said:
This is just a guess, but does the system have IOS 36 on it? A lot of homebrew won't work without it, afaik. If you don't want to try the above methods, maybe try installing IOS 36.

That's what I was figuring out, can't say, it don't let me in to anytitle deleter. i could install a ios36 original wad, but I don't know if it's risky.

WalterCool

Trophies
Website
www.slash.cl
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
OriginalHamster said:
xzxero said:
OriginalHamster said:

Do you have a link?

Simplemente metete a la página de bootmii, instalate el bootmii, despues bajate el Safe Updater 4.2 (está en downloads si mal no recuerdo), despues instala el cIOS 15 e instalate el cIOSCorp.

Si no te funca, actualiza de manera oficial, instala el bannerbomb con el bootmii, despues usa dop-ios, Anytitle Remover (ya que el 4.2 oficial bloquea el 249, tienes que borrar el fake que instala nintendo), luego instalar el cIOS 15 y hacer maravillas!

Saludos

Sorry for write on spanish... but he is Chilean as me xD

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not just put brawl or mario kart in? That'll give you 3.1, and IOS36. You can then run the cIOS rev14 installer under IOS36, then run the safe updater. xzxero's method involves lots of extra steps that really aren't needed on this system (restoring trucha bug, deleting stubs, etc.)

Updating officially has been known to brick. I actually have two friends with non-brewed wiis that bricked updating officially. Also, you end up with boot2v4 if you update officially, so no going backwards (lower than 3.4), although there is no reason to anyway.

EDIT: realized there was several posts since I started typing...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WalterCool said:
Or just follow to techboy xD Is a great idea =B

But after try updating to 4.2 with safe update, because is a friend's Wii, isnt?

Thank god Brawl made the trick -thanks techboy-, he's not really into the hbc thing, he doesn't have SD card or anything, I think he will be fine under 3.1 =P

heh, saludos, compatriota XD

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.1 is fine for the time being. He'll get a later update if he plays new games. If he gets NSMB wii, he'll get 4.1.

Anyway, you're welcome. Why people rush to recommend an official update when a better (and in this case simpler) solution exists is beyond me.

BTW, official 4.2 is fine for HB, it's just more involved to get it working on 4.2 initially (more anti-brew protection to defeat than on older versions).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can