What is bricking my wii?

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some bizarre issues with my Wii lately. First is my SD card wad issue (see:https://gbatemp.net/threads/ios80-i...-launched-on-this-wii-error-regarding.621927/)

But now.... Every few days I turn my console on and I can't boot to the system menu. I restore my nand with bootmii, but then if I leave it off and wait a few hours/a day later and turn the console back on from standby, the system menu won't load and it boots directly to priiloader.

I can think of a few things that might be doing this.

1. I recent upgraded Priiloader. I've heard some versions of this software before have caused trouble with Wiis.
2. I've used wad2bin on RiiConnect24 patcher to install wads directly to my sd card. This is the first time using this software. Could the dummy wads I install to my system be fucking shit up?
3. Is my Wii just old and dying? The above SD issue I linked to is very bizarre and nothing will fix it. I'm the only one I've seen with this issue! And now my sysmenu fails to boot randomly? It is a launch day Wii so it's old. And the things is, this failing to launch the sysrem menu happens randomly. Everything will work fine, I will be able to turn it off and on perfectly. But then when I go back to it an hour or a day later.... Boots directly to priiloader loader. Is my internal system memory failing? Can I check this somehow?

I guess I should try to attack this by process of elimination.

Restore my nand and then not install the wads with wad2bin OR update priiloader.

All of my wads are the same region as my console btw so I don't necessarily need any system hacks enabled.

If everything is still working a couple of days I will try installing the wads. Then wait a couple more days and try updating priiloader.

And try to see what the culprit is here.

What do you guys think? Is there anything I'm not thinking of that could be causing this? Has anybody had any issues with wad2bin? What about the latest version of Priiloader?

Last edited by clandestine,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would trying "defragmenting" your nand backup. Basically make a new nand backup to capture any new bad blocks (my guess is that perhaps some blocks have turned bad that hold critical system menu data), then use punetwiin to convert your old nand for the "new" Wii (your new nand backup). It will then build a copy of your old nand backup, but respecting any new bad blocks. Then restore that.

I can't promise it will work but it's worth a shot. At worst it should restore a nand backup that is basically the same as your old one.

Reactions: clandestine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person