Hacking Could the In game lag be fixed in a firmware update?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its more than just "the intro on 2 games" for me i have extreme slowdown in mario kart & animal crossing
im also getting some choppiness in other games & having long loading times in between menus on others

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What sorts of slow-downs are you seeing with Animal Crossing? I've noticed that for example going in and out of buildings take about a second longer than it did with my DSTT, but it's not prohibitively slow. It's perfectly smooth when walking around.

-Bri

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
compared with my r4, ak2 really has choppiness in castlevania.
r4: not any prob in castlevania.
and other test: would you mind read this topic?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87810

i don't hope ak2 same as the real cart', it's a selfishness.
but it's VERY annoying that others say their products are alright, but not mine.
and it's VERY disappointing my new product is inferior to my old one.
anyway, perhaps i receive new one on friday or saturday.
of course i'll report.
wait for me
smile.gif
thank you

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ak2 is known to have choppiness in the Castlevania intro.

I believe the root of the issue is the fact that the loader was originally designed to run off the RPG's flash memory, which has much faster read times than a MicroSD card.

An SDHC card would also help.

s0ldats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
class 6 sdhc.... will HELP? (still choppy) or SOLVE the issue allowing the game to play out as normal?

if this is an issue related to the fact that the firmware was designed to page the NAND memory of the RPG, then it is definitely fixable through firmware.

this seems logical to me

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s0ldats said:
if this is an issue related to the fact that the firmware was designed to page the NAND memory of the RPG, then it is definitely fixable through firmware.
That's not necessarily true. It still may be a hardware issue.

And even if it is, that doesn't its going to be fixed, or even likely to be fixed.

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the seller called me today. he said that he played the castlevania cinema with more than 10 ak2s he has. and every ak2 have choppiness.
i thought ak2 are all the same, and the issue depends on one's sensitivity.
somebody could say it's okay, and others could say it has choppiness.
and this is precise: memory cards are innocence.
there left 2 cases
1. limitation of hardware spec.
2. firmware prob.

WOW, went a long way round, return to the original topic; could be fixed in a firmware update?
smile.gif

anyway, i requested the seller to send me dstt instead of ak2.
i wish it will be fixed in a firmware.
thank you.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@kayjay: I'm guessing that the DSTT also will not run the intro without some choppiness. But let us know if it does. I have a DSTT and it is a little bit faster on some games, but not significantly so. The AK2's menu is so much nicer.

-Bri

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm convinced that it isn't the SD card causing faults for slowdown.
I got my Acekard 2 today and I put on castlevania DoS onto a SD card.
I put the SD card into the acekard and ran it. The intro chopped very badly.
I put the same SD card into my CycloDS and it runs very smooth.

I may try the ini tweaking and see what happens but my hopes aren't very high.

I suppose you can still blame the SD card because acekard doesn't work well with "slow" cards but it's still disappointing to have it work fine on one cart and not the other.

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
report: dstt no cinema prob at all.

@bri
i agree that ak2 has really nice ui and supports many additional functions. and i bet you like it.
but in my case, the in-game performance is more important.
we take cognizance of there are many people and everyone has their own tastes.
and we know that we cannot blame each other because of his taste.
smile.gif

thank you.

vboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kayjay said:
kayjay said:
helpme said:
well ive been having a huge problem with choppiness in games mainly mario kart http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87730
ive tryed 3 different memory cards kingston 1GB, 2GB & 4GB all jap models & tryed formatting fat, fat/64k & fat32
ive tryed both the official & bliss's loader but i still get loads of slowdown in mario kart (which ive never had with my scdsone or DSTT with the same memory cards)
i think yours and mine could be bad cart's
i receive a-data 4g tomorrow, after running mario cart, and i will tell you.
a-data 4g class6 arrived today. they say it's no.1 memory.
after panasonic format, fat16 format again, and i ran castlevania.
still choppiness. there's no need test other games. because it's my AK2's fault.
so i called the seller for exchange my cart.
if anybody experienced any choppiness with ak2, and you did everything you can do with your memory, but still chopping?
then stop labor. your ak2 has problem.

I'm using the same memory card and suffering no choppiness at all in either castlevanias. Either I got lucky or there is something wrong with the memory card, or your acekard of course.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm using the same memory card and suffering no choppiness at all in either castlevanias. Either I got lucky or there is something wrong with the memory card, or your acekard of course.

mine must be a faulty cart cause all 3 jap kingstons are giving me slowdown not only in the castlvania intros but in other games as well
i even tryed a noname 32mb card out of my wifes phone & a 128mb SanDisk memory card out of my friends phone & i got the same results
ive got a scdsone SDHC (which my son uses) & an ez-flash4 which im back using so its not that big of a deal ill just wait till someone brings out a new slot1 cart
that i like the look of & buy that (& hope it works as advertised)

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vboy said:
awww... i envy you.
take care of your cart
smile.gif

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, one of my AK2 is defective. I get random freezes in games regardless of the size of the ROM (even an 8MB game froze). Same Transcend 4GB class 6 SDHC does not freeze in the other AK2 flashcart I own. RMA to DX tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...