Hacking Could someone answer a few unresolved ?'s for me?

ilchymis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Before I get chewed out I read (or tried to read) each of the stickied topics extensively.

I own a DSTT card with a NDS lite but I'm extremely confused as to what firmware I should run. Most games I have run fine, but obviously not Sonic, WW, HG/SS which is my main interest.

Now for a DSTT card what firmware do I need to run these games?

Will I need YSmenu (what exactly does YSmenu do?)

Different info exinfo files?

Will I need to do anything with my old save files, I recently was messing around and completely screwed my Zelda Spirit Tracks file. Stunk.

Anyways, I'm sorry if this is redundant, but believe me I've tried looking for solutions and nothing seems to work.

MgARBITER

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as i know there isnt any AP fix for the DSTT for any of those games. Except if u use the Rudolph patch on a J version of HG/SS. And i think YSmenu is DSTT firmware made for the R4. So its pointless to use it. As far as what firmware u should use i have no clue. Try the main site. They should have the newest FW. But dont count on being able to play US releases of HG/SS. Or WW. Sonic...never played nor care to. Save files...ive never had trouble with converting bc i have never had too. I took R4 saves and ran them on a SC(supercard) with no prob. Not sure about a DSTT. Best i can say is ask around. Search older post. Or try the DSTT site forums. Srry if i didnt answer all questions.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why it's in the R4 section, but: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218024

It has updated infolib.dat (loading speed), extinfo.dat (AP bypass) and savlib.dat (save size) files for DSTT and anything that uses it's firmware.
I think there is a problem with WarioWare D.I.Y.'s save file, which -- IF there is -- can be fixed by hexediting the savlib.dat file. The info for the edit is in my comment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...