Homebrew could Cdn downloaders work again

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I meant private server in a way of saying a place to store all the .cias or whatever kind of file so the person would download it directly from. Just like FreeShop used to pretty much pull them from Nintendo's servers, if a new version of a CDN downloader would to be able to work, it would need somewhere to store the files for the games.
Hence why I said "it would be mirroring the entirety of eShop and there's no way Nintendo would overlook that" ;)

Reactions: Vieela

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
. . . former means he stepped down as to have a normal gbatemp experience. whats normal about living on his former pedestal and fyi since we are on the topic of inappropriate behavior if hunter knows that he should take his comments on what he thinks is stupid to pm then whats that say about your, or my reaction for that matter? should you publicly shame him for public shaming? should i you? . . . break the cycle
Yep lets all just turn a blind eye and ignore the unnecessary attack on someone. That seems to be the way of this site.

Reactions: souhukyafod

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Let's be honest, that iso site doesn't really have that many CIAs, sure it has a lot but by no means does it match the CDN or proper repositories (won't name any but let's say one is in spanish:P)... Especially for people like me who want some obscure Japan-only games, that ISO site is useless and they often can't be found anywhere besides the CDN without spending like 20+ mins looking through a hundred sites at best and that's IF you find what you are looking for! Plus lately file hosts have been constantly taking down CIAs from many of the good repositories (mainly Filetrip but even Google from GDrive), making it even harder to find some:/ CDN downloaders can work again and they can be safe if in the form of Villain3DS where you aren't sending your system's info when downloading (unlike FreeShop). Just trying to put together a huge host just for a custom CDN would hardly work though.

PS: Stop with the drama already, you aren't all little brats and also stop getting offended by everything, it's sad to watch, especially without popcorn, so just leave it there everyone. Also, OP, stop threadspamming, make one thread and wait, I've seen you bump that other thread TurdPoo replied to about that DLC and making new threads for the same thing because you didn't like the response to the one you already have.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep lets all just turn a blind eye and ignore the unnecessary attack on someone. That seems to be the way of this site.
We're not turning a blind eye. Some of us see it for what it is, but don't feel it's as serious about it as you do. I'm just trying to explaining the motive behind @Hunter's comment and while it's dickish, it's far from mal-intent. If you want to see true assholery, YouTube comments, political news website comments, and anything related to Switch SX stuff. Those are the perfect breeding grounds to witness first hand serious cuntiness.

I would say if you feel @Hunter owes a apology for being rude to @ComicMaster418, the only way it'll be sincere is if he does it on his own accord. Other than that, what can we do about it? Except, maybe say* something nice to each other.

Oh wow, this post has gotten tangentially off topic.

@AmandaRose, I'm glad to have this civil discussion with you. Perfect for seeing different perspectives. :)

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: ThoD and AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We're not turning a blind eye. Some of us see it for what it is, but don't feel it's as serious about it as you do. I'm just trying to explaining the motive behind @Hunter's comment and while it's dickish, it's far from mal-intent. If you want to see true assholery, YouTube comments, political news website comments, and anything related to Switch SX stuff. Those are the perfect breeding grounds to witness first hand serious cuntiness.

I would say if you feel @Hunter owes a apology for being rude to @ComicMaster418, the only way it'll be sincere is if he does it on his own accord. Other than that, what can we do about it? Except, maybe same something nice to each other.

@AmandaRose, I'm glad to have this civil discussion with you. Perfect for seeing different perspectives. :)
For the record I have zero issues in anything you have said on this matter.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i dont know billys thread on that iso site seems like it would be too much but there it is
Yeah, but they can't take down the file hosts as long as they comply with DMCA requests, they have to send a DMCA takedown request for every single link, and the person will just reupload the files later. Links do frequently get taken down but there's little they can do to stop it completely.
But if a site exists for no other reason than to host warez, the whole thing can be taken down in one fell swoop and then the app is dead, poof, gone.
That ISO site doesn't host any files though which is why it's gotten away with it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@The Real Jdbye Pretty sure you shouldn't be mentioning that site in your post... As for what you said, it's possible to take a file down for good with a couple different methods. MEGA for example takes down files that get DMCAed and prevents any files with the same HASH from being hosted again (as soon as upload finishes they are deleted or are unusable) and MediaFire did something similar, but instead would check the file name and size and compare it to anything taken down.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Gee for being former staff you are very unnecessarily angry in your replies.

the anger is due to people not being able to use google and search for what they want, with all the hints everywhere, all they want is it to be handed to them via freeshop etc e.g. entitled, he even admitted he cannot google it
look at the image >
wznTcSO.png

Sometimes, the right way doesn't work when you try to tell that person, but he or she doesn't get the message or the hint. For incidents like this, being a blunt asshole is the only way to get across to them.

While I don't know of @Hunter's previous interactions (if any) with @ComicMaster148, I do know from first hand experience asking about KOR DSiWare Seedminer theoretical stuff, that the only time he is like that is if you're wrong about something AND being incessantly stubborn getting your facts straight.

A lot of the old time, knowledgeable members here are generally nice people with good intentions, helping out many 3DS users with all sorts of different issues. Unfortunately, there are occasions that a newcomer decides not to heed their instructions and advice... When that happens, a person in Hunter's shoes would be a bit miffed and may feel the need to say something. And act on it.

Then again, I suppose if you're at that point, you've been here too long on GBAtemp forum. It's good to step away from the keyboard, go outside for some fresh air, eat a real Mexican taco instead of frozen dinner, and come back inside when the sun sets, and the mosquitoes start to bite.

Ah yes, what he said was jerk-ish, but you now (probably) know the sentimental and the reason why he said it that way.

I would say if you feel @Hunter owes a apology for being rude to @ComicMaster418, the only way it'll be sincere is if he does it on his own accord. Other than that, what can we do about it? Except, maybe say* something nice to each other.

I owe him nothing for pointing out that if he is unable to use google, he should give up.
the hints are everywhere on the site, and if you cannot read between the lines, due to the rules against piracy here, then he should give up

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I owe him nothing for pointing out that if he is unable to use google, he should give up.
the hints are everywhere on the site, and if you cannot read between the lines, due to the rules against piracy here, then he should give up
And you don't owe an apology to anyone if that's the way you feel about it.

Others may think so for what they perceive as your response to OP as being rude. However, the problem is online text often times lack context. What you write may be misconstrue or interpreted as aggressive when in fact your intended delivery is to be factually helpful and straight to the point. This style of communication is what you find to be most effective in telling people the information they seek.

@ComicMaster148, stay on the lookout for news about DQXI DLC updates at Switch forums and at:
You'll probably have to wait for timed release as more people play and get closer to completing the game. Because it's an AAA title and DQ fans are devote, someone will share the complete DLC when it becomes publicly available. For the time being, don't worry about the DLC and just enjoy the game. :)

Reactions: AmandaRose

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like while piracy should not be looked down upon since this is a website of hackers vs a dying console, but the method on which it is achieved really doesn't need to be much easier then it is at the moment. Could hackers ever figure out how to spoof real tickets? Probably not, but getting to the bootrom was also supposed to be impossible. At the moment, people should be thankful that piracy is even this easy. If people really want it to be easier, they should download the cia onto their pc's, upload it to mediafire, turn it into a qr code, and scan it with the 3ds.

Reactions: NFates

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I feel like while piracy should not be looked down upon since this is a website of hackers vs a dying console, but the method on which it is achieved really doesn't need to be much easier then it is at the moment. Could hackers ever figure out how to spoof real tickets? Probably not, but getting to the bootrom was also supposed to be impossible. At the moment, people should be thankful that piracy is even this easy. If people really want it to be easier, they should download the cia onto their pc's, upload it to mediafire, turn it into a qr code, and scan it with the 3ds.
Well, let's be honest, pirating could be much easier if our knowledge on the 3DS was much greater (eg: it could even be like PSP where you don't even need to install the games, just put them in the SD card), but I get what you mean. It's just that some games that aren't popular at all are effectively unplayable (or extremely hard to find even with extensive searching) without CDN downloaders around. I do agree people are pretty spoiled though for wanting really popular and readily available games at the press of a button... MOST games you can literally find through Google in a matter of seconds.

Reactions: NFates

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer the ops question yes you can still download from cdn servers just buy an eshop card from Walmart or something :D

Last edited by mike a,

souhukyafod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Let's be honest, that iso site doesn't really have that many CIAs, sure it has a lot but by no means does it match the CDN or proper repositories (won't name any but let's say one is in spanish:P)... Especially for people like me who want some obscure Japan-only games, that ISO site is useless and they often can't be found anywhere besides the CDN without spending like 20+ mins looking through a hundred sites at best and that's IF you find what you are looking for! Plus lately file hosts have been constantly taking down CIAs from many of the good repositories (mainly Filetrip but even Google from GDrive), making it even harder to find some:/ CDN downloaders can work again and they can be safe if in the form of Villain3DS where you aren't sending your system's info when downloading (unlike FreeShop). Just trying to put together a huge host just for a custom CDN would hardly work though.

PS: Stop with the drama already, you aren't all little brats and also stop getting offended by everything, it's sad to watch, especially without popcorn, so just leave it there everyone. Also, OP, stop threadspamming, make one thread and wait, I've seen you bump that other thread TurdPoo replied to about that DLC and making new threads for the same thing because you didn't like the response to the one you already have.

Exactly this. All those obscure eshop exclusives are now lost forever (probably also since almost nobody buys them, then also not uploading the cia).
And what's with all the aggressiveness towards the noobs? This board is turning more aggressive everyday.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya Nintendo won I guess I mean I'll buy eshop exclusive games now cuz I know I can't find them anywhere else

souhukyafod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And you don't owe an apology to anyone if that's the way you feel about it.

Others may think so for what they perceive as your response to OP as being rude. However, the problem is online text often times lack context. What you write may be misconstrue or interpreted as aggressive when in fact your intended delivery is to be factually helpful and straight to the point. This style of communication is what you find to be most effective in telling people the information they seek.

You can't use that excuse when it is so obvious that the other dude is just mad at that guy for asking a frequent question.
Great way to give a bad image of this site to the others.
Maybe he should just log off for a while and cool down? Build some tolerance or just learn to ignore?

Reactions: AmandaRose
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use that excuse when it is so obvious that the other dude is just mad at that guy for asking a frequent question.
Great way to give a bad image of this site to the others.
Maybe he should just log off for a while and cool down? Build some tolerance or just learn to ignore?
You do what you think is right. Several posts back, I mentioned for incidents like this, the only way you can make a point if someone did something wrong is by swaying public opinion (if people care enough).

Saying sorry to someone doesn't mean anything if that person doesn't mean it. It would be an insincere apology, which is worse than no apology.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night