Could anybody give me a list of the Rom Headers from...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by adrian2040, Sep 19, 2011.

1. adrian2040
    OP

adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 8, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    Could anybody give me a list of the Rom Headers from every 3DS-Compatible FlashCart?

One of my friends asked me for it in order to see if the 3DS he is buying has had a flashcart played on it.
    He thinks this might mean Nintendo will brick it / ban it from online.

Thanks in advance!

2. elisherer

elisherer I ♥ 3DS

Dec 16, 2009
    Iceland
    3dbrew.org
    I'm not sure I understand but the flashcarts I have are:
    Acekard 2i - (Something in japanese) DORASU, icon: red bow
    R4i 3DS - Spongebob square pants, icon: spongebob

Why would they ban it...they cannot know that you used a flashcart...it's disguised.

3. synce

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    If you're in Peru and buying a secondhand console hell yeah it's played backups lol

4. nano351

nano351 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    dstwo shows up as alex rider stormbreaker
    but your friend shouldn't have any worries, nintendo isn't going to brick consoles and I doubt anything in logs will reveal any flashcart usage.

5. Shuji1987

Shuji1987 ~

Jul 20, 2011
    Netherlands
    Tell your friend they will not do this instead. Nintendo will NOT brick your 3DS for using a flashcard, period.

6. nano351

nano351 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    They could ban you from online services (multiplayer, eshop, etc) if they wanted to.

7. Shuji1987

Shuji1987 ~

Jul 20, 2011
    Netherlands
    No.

8. Zerosuit connor

Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Sep 17, 2010
    Eorzea
    Yeah of that happens i smell a Huge Lawsuit.

9. epicCreations.or

epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2010
    United States
    Austin, TX
    Yes. They can easily shut you out of the services they provide, and legally as well. The chances of this happening, though, weelll... Let's just say I haven't heard any reports of Acekard/R4 users being banned from WiFi connection or the DSi Store [​IMG]

10. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Addict

Aug 5, 2007
    They haven't banned the Wii players from the net/shops. Why the heck would they do the same to the 3DS?

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    They could do bans in theory but Nintendo's network doesn't have the infrastructure to atm.

12. Shuji1987

Shuji1987 ~

Jul 20, 2011
    Netherlands
    No.

Stop being so misinformed for once.. The whole point is, simply because of a game-header you can't be banned from anything simply because you might be playing that game really hardcore. You will never be banned from using a flashcard.

The only thing that could deny you their service is if there was an application much like a homebrew channel which would require you to be on a certain firmware version. And even then they won't ban you, but simply deny access to their eshop/etc because you are not on the latest firmware. If you would update the system that would be fixed.

But for now, there is simply no reason to be even worrying about getting banned because there is no homebrew channel or software exploit at all.

Thread close plox.

13. nano351

nano351 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    tell that to the wii players that were using cheats online

14. chaosdarkneo

chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Do you know how foolish you sound?

The people who didn't use cheats never got banned because Nintendo had no way to tell whether they were playing a pirated or retail game. It's the same with these flashcarts. Nintendo can't tell whether they're flashcarts or not.

If you had a retail disk and you cheated, you still got banned.

15. nano351

nano351 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    I never said nintendo has a way to detect flashcarts currently; all I said was that they are capable of banning you from online services.