Corrupted data on XCI installed with Tinfoil on Fimware 9.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by recgame77, Sep 24, 2019.

1. recgame77
    OP

recgame77 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    Hi

I upgraded my firmware to 9.0; then installed the latest Tinfoil 4.1b ; applied the Joonie86 sigpatches and reecreated the keys.txt with latest lockpick_rcm.

Despite all that all my XCI dumps refuse to start and i get a prompt corrupted data ....

Any idea what i could have done wrong ?

Best Regards

2. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    you cant play xci's on anything other than sx-os, which doesnt support 9.0 yet

3. recgame77
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    is this a new limitation ? because with acid patches it worked pretty well for XCI on 7.X firmware with atmosphere and tinfoil (did not launch any on 8.x)

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You're not launching them. It converts them to .nsp file (like an eshop release) and then installs it. SX OS actually mounts the xci file so the switch thinks you just inserted the actual game cart.

Last edited by Kafluke, Sep 24, 2019
  5. recgame77
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    OK then maybe the issue is coming from the parameter kip1patch=nocmac. But can hekate use it two times like

kip1patch=nosigpatch
    kip1patch=nocmac

or it is another syntax ?

6. recgame77
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    No doesnt seem related; then i just dont understand :). Maybe i have to reinstall them

7. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Its Kosmos/Hekate corrupting your installs. uninstall kosmos, install vanilla atmosphere, and you will likely need to reinstall all of your games after kosmos corrupted them. lesson learned.

8. recgame77
    OP

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    Im not using Kosmos but hekate yes.
    Will try that then but it is weird as it was working fine in Firmware 7 with Hekate.

9. whyyes

whyyes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    Having same issue. Had to chainload fusee primary to get them to install without throwing corruption errors

Maupiti likes this.
  10. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California

No issues here on kosmos / hekate /atmo 9.0 and tinfoil 1.55b - everything installs

11. whyyes

whyyes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    It would install but upon launching it would say it was corrupt. Only happened with XCIs. Yes I had the proper patches

12. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California

All xci are installing for me - Had 1 switch I had to re-initialize in order for it to work, rest have worked fine without.

13. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    you are likely on older hekate / kosmos. kosmos / hekate (not sure which) decided to be autistic and do dumb shit on newer versions causing these problems for no reason other han autism.

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    For me the issue was that I was using the Atmosphere sig patches from the "I heard you need some sweet patches" thread (kip_patches and exefs_patches), which don't seem to work properly with Hekate. I had to use the Joonie86 sig patches you mentioned (patches.ini and exefs_patches), and add kip1patch=nosigchk to the Hekate boot entry, after installing them the games were still coming up as corrupted, I think once the console has flagged them as corrupted they need to be reinstalled as reinstalling them fixed it.

If you have the fs_patches folder in SD:\atmosphere\kip_patches you should probably delete it since the Joonie86 sig patches do the same thing.
    You don't need nocmac on newer firmwares, and the patches.ini doesn't even contain nocmac patches for firmwares above 7.0. If you are still on firmware < 7.0 you should probably update to 8.1 anyway.
    Bullshit, Hekate is just a bootloader, the CFW is still Atmosphere. Hekate does not do anything that would corrupt your games.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Oct 11, 2019
  15. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Go check Kosmos's github, they caved and pushed a fix for it. I dont understand why you would speak about something you know nothing about. The issue is basically kosmos doesnt know if it wants to be a piracy CFW or not lol.

edit: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos-Builder/pull/2

apology accepted, dont let it happen again.

Last edited by blawar, Oct 11, 2019
  16. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I didn't say anything about Kosmos, I don't know what things Kosmos does and I don't use it, because I prefer to know what I'm putting on my Switch so if there's any trouble I'm better equipped to solve it. I was talking specifically about Hekate.

17. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    I said "It's Kosmos/Hekate corrupting your installs". That is a 100% True statement, hekate is corrupting them because of settings Kosmos pushed. How are you this dumb?

18. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    And if you plan on using hbg ditch kosmos now b/c they aint supporting it.

19. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That's not what you said though. Hekate is not to blame here and your previous statement makes it sound like it is. You can't just go and change your statement and act like I'm the idiot. Own up to your mistakes, you misspoke, don't try to put the blame on to other people.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Oct 11, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted