Core v2 Modchip single purple blink and black screen

Red_Byte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I tried to install a modchip on my Core v2 switch earlier today.
After putting everything together following the instructions and turning the device on to test, I get a single blue blink for 1 second, followed by one single purple pulse. After the purple pulse, the modchip LED goes off while the switch itself has a black screen. The backlighting stays on for about 1 minute, and then the switch turns off completely.

When starting the switch again after that, it follows the same patterns.

I don't have much experience with soldering/electronics, however, I do have a multi-meter if anyone would be able to guide me through some further troubleshooting.

All help is appreciated, I hope I did not break my switch.

Attachments

• 20230910_125254.jpg
    20230910_125254.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230910_140255.mp4
    5.6 MB

Red_Byte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What made you think you can just put a blob of solder on your CPU caps and call it a day...
Thanks for replying. Do you mean SP1 and SP2?

This is the first time trying this. I had hoped the solder would flow down between the holes and reach the pins underneath.
Do you think it is not reaching the pins? Any way how I can check this?

Thanks!

Perrito123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for replying. Do you mean SP1 and SP2?

This is the first time trying this. I had hoped the solder would flow down between the holes and reach the pins underneath.
Do you think it is not reaching the pins? Any way how I can check this?

Thanks!
No offense but seems this has been soldered by a penguin babysitter chewing gum.

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_164052.jpg
    IMG_20230910_164052.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Haha
Reactions: jkyoho

Perrito123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No offense taken. But any tips on how to get this fixed would be appreciated...
Maan this wasn't about joining the caps was about to solder the left side and right side of the corresponding cap with the right pad.... I did sorted out earlier in a bad installation adding heat on it with heatgun and removing one cap cleaning it and install it again, but if were you maybe wait to see if someone else can help you better than me, anyway btw is seen is pretty fuc*** and if applying too much heat maybe you even blown the caps so having daid this will see and wait and what can do is first clean the soldering and retry again carefully man using s magnitizer or big microscope

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should remove all solder from the points you soldered on the MCU and try using a smaller soldering tip and way less solder. That job is an offense to common sense. (No offense meant to you ofc).

Microsoldering is exactly that micro-soldering, what you did was just heating some solder and spitting it on the capacitors.

Try solder practicing with a device that's not as delicate as a current gen gaming console nor as expensive.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
No offense taken. But any tips on how to get this fixed would be appreciated...
I don't think you'll do any better reversing this.

Easy way to remove that excess solder is to wick it with an untinned tip until you desolder the joints.

Red_Byte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright. I came to the conclusion that I properly fcked it while trying to fix it, so I am going to send it to Blavla who is hopefully gonna be able to salvage what I have done.

If he is able to fix it, I'll update this post with the results!

Perrito123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright. I came to the conclusion that I properly fcked it while trying to fix it, so I am going to send it to Blavla who is hopefully gonna be able to salvage what I have done.

If he is able to fix it, I'll update this post with the results!
post the image please after how it looks after you tried to fix it let see if can help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps