Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think his updater fetches from my jenkins, but I'm unsure. I can't officially support the updater.

Anyways, R46 should work now. I'm crossing my fingers that next jenkins build succeeds (and is sane.) Triggering it manually.
Alright, I'll test it when I get home...

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry @Gray_Jack, you're patch doesn't work for me. It keeps crashing HighMem games despite running pokemon Moon fine before enabling it...
Really? The patch make every high memory games to crash? Or just pokemon moon?
Well, I guess that's way better than the first attempt, that it crashed pokemon moon even in the new3DS.

Edit: I need to find a .3ds pokemon moon ROM to use in the Sky3DS+ cause I don't have space in my O3DS to try it, but I can't find it. Maybe I need to do it by hand in the PC XD

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? The patch make every high memory games to crash? Or just pokemon moon?
Well, I guess that's way better than the first attempt, that it crashed pokemon moon even in the new3DS.

Edit: I need to find a .3ds pokemon moon ROM to use in the Sky3DS+ cause I don't have space in my O3DS to try it, but I can't find it. Maybe I need to do it by hand in the PC XD
I don't know, for me it crashed Sm4sh, Pokemon Moon, and Super Mario Maker. Kind of weird huh? The remove outlines and Mystery Machine patches didn't cause any issues with other games...

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, for me it crashed Sm4sh, Pokemon Moon, and Super Mario Maker. Kind of weird huh? The remove outlines and Mystery Machine patches didn't cause any issues with other games...
The patch only search for pokemon sun/moon titles, it should only crash these titles if the problem is the patch, so weird issue indeed.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch only search for pokemon sun/moon titles, it should only crash these titles if the problem is the patch, so weird issue indeed.
Really? That's kind of weird since every HighMem game was working before I started the patch, then after I deleted it they worked again... Sooooo IDK, you said it works for you right?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? That's kind of weird since every HighMem game was working before I started the patch, then after I deleted it they worked again... Sooooo IDK, you said it works for you right?
Wait, you had to delete the patch from the SD to the HighMen games start to work again? Or just deactivate it?
Works for me, but I have only a N3DS to test

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you had to delete the patch from the SD to the HighMen games start to work again? Or just deactivate it?
Works for me, but I have only a N3DS to test
I'm not sure if I necessarily HAD to delete the patch, but I did just in case... If you want, I can test out disabling to see if that works...
Update: So I just retried the patch, and I think it was a different patch I had enabled that broke HighMem games (DLP.) So I retried the patch, and it only broke Pokemon Moon. After disabling it, Pokemon Moon (1.0) worked again.....

Last edited by BARNWEY,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if I necessarily HAD to delete the patch, but I did just in case... If you want, I can test out disabling to see if that works...
Update: So I just retried the patch, and I think it was a different patch I had enabled that broke HighMem games (DLP.) So I retried the patch, and it only broke Pokemon Moon. After disabling it, Pokemon Moon (1.0) worked again.....

I can confirm that for some reason it doesn't work in the 1.0. Can you try 1.1, please, and report back?
I'll try to fix it for the 1.0 S&M, but I'll need a couple of days.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that for some reason it doesn't work in the 1.0. Can you try 1.1, please, and report back?
I'll try to fix it for the 1.0 S&M, but I'll need a couple of days.

No prob, I'll test it right now...
Update: It works with Pokemon Moon 1.1 on the latest build of Skeith. Just tested by injecting a "legal" Charmander with Dragon Claw and perfect IV's. Seems to work without issues, but I'll "test" it a little more XD

Last edited by BARNWEY,
Reactions: Gray_Jack

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
@chaoskagami
I have a question, if you don't mind
There is a reason to not support SAFE_FIRM? If you have a reason(s), what are they?
It's is a genuine question and it's not a request, I want to see your point of view :3

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@chaoskagami
I have a question, if you don't mind
There is a reason to not support SAFE_FIRM? If you have a reason(s), what are they?
It's is a genuine question and it's not a request, I want to see your point of view :3

You're assuming I don't want to support it. I do. :P

The problem is that I need NAND reading and a FIRM menu. I don't want to implement the FIRM menu until I implement plaintext configuration files, because it'll end up a dirty hack I have to fix later. Implementing plaintext configuration files is currently on hold since I'm doing a lot of code cleanup on dependencies / abstraction. Plaintext configs would be a dirty hack rather than a clean interface if I did it now.

tl;dr - Future proofing. I'm staying away from dirty hacks that will screw up the codebase even worse right now.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
You're assuming I don't want to support it. I do. :P

The problem is that I need NAND reading and a FIRM menu. I don't want to implement the FIRM menu until I implement plaintext configuration files, because it'll end up a dirty hack I have to fix later. Implementing plaintext configuration files is currently on hold since I'm doing a lot of code cleanup on dependencies / abstraction. Plaintext configs would be a dirty hack rather than a clean interface if I did it now.

tl;dr - Future proofing. I'm staying away from dirty hacks that will screw up the codebase even worse right now.

Thanks to explain it :3
Nah, I did assumed every possibility, I was just cautius with one of the possibilities xD

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

It probably didn't break highmem games, it broke the DLP sysmodule and any application dragging that in wouldn't work. So the DLP patch is broken. Ugh.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
It probably didn't break highmem games, it broke the DLP sysmodule and any application dragging that in wouldn't work. So the DLP patch is broken. Ugh.
But I always let the DLP patch selected, and yesterday I started Smash on both New and Old 3DS
I don't think the DLP patch is broken

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
@chaoskagami
I'm having compilation issues with the new commits, not sure if is due the fact that I updated the devkitARM to r46 or if is a new compilation bug
Same here. I've updated to r46 and it fails compiling. Funnily enough, using my auto build scripts (recursively clones repo, builds and leaves only the build) works.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I've updated to r46 and it fails compiling. Funnily enough, using my auto build scripts (recursively clones repo, builds and leaves only the build) works.

I already fixed r46. Jenkins is using it and succeeds and my machine now uses r46. Care to dump the entire build log somewhere? If it's still not working, I have no clue.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I already fixed r46. Jenkins is using it and succeeds and my machine now uses r46. Care to dump the entire build log somewhere? If it's still not working, I have no clue.
Huh, I'll try again, wasn't aware you'd fixed it, going to update my copy of the repo & submodules. It was some ctrulib error, though.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I'll try again, wasn't aware you'd fixed it, going to update my copy of the repo & submodules. It was some ctrulib error, though.

Yeah, 607bfca2f3126c034d3a86d42fe09d58d0607e6c updated the ctrulib submodule (and I merged smealum/ctrulib into ctrulib.)

Perhaps you didn't update the ctrulib submodule? :P

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0