Copy wii game from WII to CPU to USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hamisev, May 23, 2010.

1. hamisev
    OP

hamisev Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    I recently got a router and I'm making backups of all my wii games. When I copy my wii games to the computer I have no problems. The problem I have is that I'm trying to put the game on the USB drive. For some reason I doesn't work. However if I'm burning the ISO on a disc everything works. I'm trying to use as less dvds as possible that is why I'm trying to use the USB Drive. Does anyone know what I have to do to make this work on the USB?

In short
    I'm trying to get this to work but doesn't =Wii>>CPU>>USB Drive
    But this does work = Wii>>CPU>>DVD-R

2. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

Mar 14, 2009
    all the big name usb loaders programs can rip games straight from the wii drive to usb

3. hamisev
    OP

hamisev Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    I recently had a topic about that. When copying the came straight to the USB drive I would either get the black screen or the error "Exception (DSI) occurred!" Here is the topic that I had about that: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218472

4. hamisev
    OP

hamisev Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    I recently copied Resident evil 4 from my wii to cpu. When I put the ISO file on my USB flash drive using WBFS and then put the drive in my wii and try loading the game I get the error "Exception (DSI) occurred!"

5. hamisev
    OP

hamisev Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    The other reason why I'm trying to copy my games to USB is because for some reason. At one point of a game for example. Resident Evil 4, Smackdown vs Raw 2010, No more heroes 1 and 2, Tatsunoko vs capcom. When i'm in the middle of playing these games I get the error *An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations Manual for help troubleshooting.*

This error occurs when I'm playing the original copy or a backup. But mostly when I'm playing from the original disc.

6. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States

7. hunnymonster

hunnymonster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    He means his computer...

8. hamisev
    OP

hamisev Member

Newcomer