Hacking Copy SC save to original cart?

onmyown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows a way I can copy my Castlevania save on my SC-miniSD right now to an original cart of the game?

I tried using Rein, but the transfer fails.

I think it might be due to the file-size or something, cause when I used Rein to backup the save on the cart, it was only 8KB in size, but the SC saves are 256KB.

Anyone know any other method?

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

onmyown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that. I did kind of try that too, but had no idea how to get my *.sav file onto the SRAM to be trasferred to the EEPROM.

Any help here?

Jesper64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with Rein when trying to transfer a save file to a Nintendogs cart. Is your .sav filename a long file name? Try renaming it to something short like "save.sav" then transfer it. Somehow I stumbled on that and think that may have been the cause of my problem.

onmyown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with Rein when trying to transfer a save file to a Nintendogs cart. Is your .sav filename a long file name? Try renaming it to something short like "save.sav" then transfer it. Somehow I stumbled on that and think that may have been the cause of my problem.

Awesome man, it worked! You rock, thanks very much!
bow.gif

Jesper64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear you got it working. I have no idea why it's like that. Doesn't seem to support the long filenames... Should have a disclaimer on the Rein site.

onmyown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, had no idea the solution would've been so simple. I couldn't really make sense of the Rein site in any case.
tongue.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i know this is totally thw wrong board, but does this work for .dat (m3) saves too? i know i'd have to convert them, but it should work right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: