Copy SC save to original cart?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by onmyown, Oct 4, 2006.

1. onmyown
    OP

onmyown Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Anyone knows a way I can copy my Castlevania save on my SC-miniSD right now to an original cart of the game?

I tried using Rein, but the transfer fails.

I think it might be due to the file-size or something, cause when I used Rein to backup the save on the cart, it was only 8KB in size, but the SC saves are 256KB.

Anyone know any other method?

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Etool is another program that acts in a similar way that you might also want to try:
    http://nds.cmamod.com/

3. onmyown
    OP

onmyown Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Thanks for that. I did kind of try that too, but had no idea how to get my *.sav file onto the SRAM to be trasferred to the EEPROM.

Any help here?

4. Jesper64

Jesper64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2006
    I had the same problem with Rein when trying to transfer a save file to a Nintendogs cart. Is your .sav filename a long file name? Try renaming it to something short like "save.sav" then transfer it. Somehow I stumbled on that and think that may have been the cause of my problem.

5. onmyown
    OP

onmyown Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Awesome man, it worked! You rock, thanks very much! [​IMG]

6. Jesper64

Jesper64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2006
    Glad to hear you got it working. I have no idea why it's like that. Doesn't seem to support the long filenames... Should have a disclaimer on the Rein site.

7. onmyown
    OP

onmyown Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Yeah, had no idea the solution would've been so simple. I couldn't really make sense of the Rein site in any case. [​IMG]

8. iza

iza gbatemp, the new crack

Aug 28, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    i know this is totally thw wrong board, but does this work for .dat (m3) saves too? i know i'd have to convert them, but it should work right?

9. onmyown
    OP

onmyown Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    No harm giving it a try I guess. I don't own an M3, so I can't say for sure. (Might probably be getting one soon though.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice