Gaming Cooking Mama game pulled from eShop and sold in limited quantities?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's definitely an interesting one! No answers here - I can only guess since the game hasn't been made (and doesn't seem in any way related) by Office Create so there may be some legal shenanigans going on.. more interesting is Target releasing copies in stores, which presumably must've been in error due to the way the whole thing seems like it's being handled.

It's probably one of things we'll find out about in a few days - rumour has it the game is shite anyway, so if it doesn't get a proper release, no big loss, just leave the whole thing to the collector nuts to fork out crazy money for! (Congrats to anyone who nabbed a physical copy in that regard!)

ProspitPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read RUMOURStm that it apparently has a cryptominer in it? Not sure how believable it is, but I guess once someone interested enough decrypts it and looks through it we'll get an answer.

Miqote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
That's definitely an interesting one! No answers here - I can only guess since the game hasn't been made (and doesn't seem in any way related) by Office Create so there may be some legal shenanigans going on.. more interesting is Target releasing copies in stores, which presumably must've been in error due to the way the whole thing seems like it's being handled.

It's probably one of things we'll find out about in a few days - rumour has it the game is shite anyway, so if it doesn't get a proper release, no big loss, just leave the whole thing to the collector nuts to fork out crazy money for! (Congrats to anyone who nabbed a physical copy in that regard!)

Are Office Create the holders of the original Cooking Mama trademark?

And yeah, It's my first cooking mama game and it's... weird. It's not super terrible but it's also nothing to write home about. Her voice really grinds on my ears, though D:

I've read RUMOURStm that it apparently has a cryptominer in it? Not sure how believable it is, but I guess once someone interested enough decrypts it and looks through it we'll get an answer.

It was confirmed to use blockchain last year, but I don't know if they ever specified what for.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah they were originally known as Office Create, made Cooking Mama, then renamed themselves to Cooking Mama Ltd, and (I'm guessing since popularity of the franchise has waned) reverted back to calling themselves Office Create..

As for blockchain, well it was announced yes - even mentions it in the link, along with a wonderful sounding phrase: “Private-Key Enabled Balanced DRM” - I mean wow that doesn't sound dodgy in the slightest! :lol: If any traces of whatever that actually turns out to be is in the code, well that's got to be the bigger bet for being MIA than intellectual rights.
Again, I bet we'll find out more in the next few days.

butfluffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the xci of this game and when running it thorugh xci explorer i get a master key 010 not found which is strange.
my keys file is up to date and displays info of all latest games. even the update for cooking mama cookstar displays fine. but this update has a different titleid. i presume the updates title id was for the eshop version that got pulled.
i wonder if the inability to display xci info and the master key 010 not found message has something to do with whatever protection is going on with this game.
kinda strange it got pulled from eshop so fast aswell.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on my phone so I don't remember what site I read this on, but there were separate allegations that the reason was because they apparently used music ripped from YouTube for some of the BGM.
However they then got an exclusive interview stating there was no blockchain tech, that was initially planned to let players trade in-game items/assets. The real reason it was pulled was that the publisher pushed the game without consent from the IP holder and they're now embroiled in a legal battle.

If you notice your switch getting hot it's because the game is made in unity and was not optimized well.

Last edited by BerserkLeon,

creighton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its not the amazingly groundbreaking popular games or demos that become incredibly expensive. Its the random barely printed games.

Last edited by creighton,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries