Hacking Continuing the god eater 2 translation

adwolf01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
don't ask for an estimate. remember, Sky is doing this on his own free time, and for free. this translation has been going for close to 3 years. expect it to continue for a while longer.
hmm i know but i just cant wait
i have scene people translating game using ps vita

try this

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm i know but i just cant wait
i have scene people translating game using ps vita

try this
explain. do you mean seen or Scene ?
also, Sky is translating it for the PSP by backporting the Vita text. the old translation, which used a fan translation, was cancelled in the final stages.

Obsidian_Crow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im confused why you guys suddenly make an compliment to SkyBladeCloud?is SkyBladeCloud got a trouble or want to abandoned this project?
*sry for my bad english

Oh, the compliments are for his previous project that I never did get a chance to thank him for, namely "Final Fantasy Type-0".

So I took the time on that previous post to do so. :yaypsp:;)

Reactions: Alex90

ZENOHA

Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
OH MY GOD! I can't believe my eyes!
So I immediately registered and wrote this letter. Hi, I am a new member btw!

Nowaday… psp has been abandoned with PSN closed, letting us faced with so many troubles. And still; some people, with very kinded hearts, help us with CFW and translation stuffs. I know these works are non-beneficial. They may also have their own troubles in doing these too.

But please, don't leave us. There are still people who play psp (offline for me XD). We are always supporting and looking forwards to you all. So don't listen to what the haters say!

And @SkyBladeCloud . I didn't know I will have a chance to meet with the translator of FF Type 0. I sincerely thank you bro. You did a very good job. Please keep up! :D

Finally, to anyone who are helping in GE 2 translation project, I give my thanks. No matter how long it will take, I will be waiting.
Fighting guys!

My apology if my letter's long, or having wrong English sentences. I hope this letter will somehow support the project and bring us light!

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
OH MY GOD! I can't believe my eyes!
So I immediately registered and wrote this letter. Hi, I am a new member btw!

Nowaday… psp has been abandoned with PSN closed, letting us faced with so many troubles. And still; some people, with very kinded hearts, help us with CFW and translation stuffs. I know these works are non-beneficial. They may also have their own troubles in doing these too.

But please, don't leave us. There are still people who play psp (offline for me XD). We are always supporting and looking forwards to you all. So don't listen to what the haters say!

And @SkyBladeCloud . I didn't know I will have a chance to meet with the translator of FF Type 0. I sincerely thank you bro. You did a very good job. Please keep up! :D

Finally, to anyone who are helping in GE 2 translation project, I give my thanks. No matter how long it will take, I will be waiting.
Fighting guys!

My apology if my letter's long, or having wrong English sentences. I hope this letter will somehow support the project and bring us light!

I can only tell some people are already playing it with English text on PPSSPP...

Last edited by SkyBladeCloud,
Reactions: ZENOHA and Giuky

ZENOHA

Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
I can only tell some people are already playing it with English text on PPSSPP...

But can't be played yet on PSP right?
I am using a real PSP so…

ppsspp can only be smooth on PC. And if we play portable games on PC, can we still call them ''Portable'' ?

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
But can't be played yet on PSP right?
I am using a real PSP so…

ppsspp can only be smooth on PC. And if we play portable games on PC, can we still call them ''Portable'' ?

which game??

God Eater 2 of course, and yes, it seems that it does work on PSP, I haven't tested that myself, though (I won't have my PSP in quite some time so I can't test it there :/)

ZENOHA

Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
God Eater 2 of course, and yes, it seems that it does work on PSP, I haven't tested that myself, though (I won't have my PSP in quite some time so I can't test it there :/)

Ah! There is. The site ''Games for ppsspp'' uploads the link for God Eater 2 both jp and eng versions. But It says eng version only works on a real psp with firmware 6.60. So some questions run through my head.

1.There is already eng patch and still why are people asking for translations? Maybe due to the game is only for a real psp with specific firmware?

2.It says ''the firmware 6.60'' easily. Is it ''CFW'' or ''OFW''? It doesn't make clearly.

I can try it because I have a real psp with 6.60 CFW. But kinda I dare not. Maybe I should wait your translation. Guys from Nicoblog have faith in you too, brother.

Last edited by ZENOHA,

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah! There is. The site ''Games for ppsspp'' uploads the link for God Eater 2 both jp and eng versions. But It says eng version only works on a real psp with firmware 6.60. So some questions run through my head.

1.There is already eng patch and still why are people asking for translations? Maybe due to the game is only for a real psp with specific firmware?

2.It says ''the firmware 6.60'' easily. Is it ''CFW'' or ''OFW''? It doesn't make clearly.

I can try it because I have a real psp with 6.60 CFW. But kinda I dare not. Maybe I should wait your translation. Guys from Nicoblog have faith in you too, brother.

Hmm... That could be fake. In fact, people are still asking for the translation because it hasn't been publicly released, and I honestly don't even know if it will ever be, as I'm not responsible for the project any more. As of now, we consider the project finished (even though it doesn't include translation of textures, but we've agreed to leave it like that at least for now)...
It could get leaked any time, though (that's what I thought happened when I read your comment), as it doesn't have any kind of anti-leak leak protection (like Type-0 betas had).

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... That could be fake. In fact, people are still asking for the translation because it hasn't been publicly released, and I honestly don't even know if it will ever be, as I'm not responsible for the project any more. As of now, we consider the project finished (even though it doesn't include translation of textures, but we've agreed to leave it like that at least for now)...
It could get leaked any time, though (that's what I thought happened when I read your comment), as it doesn't have any kind of anti-leak leak protection (like Type-0 betas had).

So you are saying that there is a chance that I won't be able to play this game in English? If so then I feel incredibly depressed.

m4rc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noooo, please don't tell us that for the second time who wait for the english patch will left with nothing...

Obsidian_Crow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Well regarding the english trans of the GE2 unfortunately there isn't one yet.. so the reason this thread is active is due to that.. also about the firmware of 6.60 its both CFW and OFW but about the OFW since it won't run 3rd party games you would need to have the umd or purchased it from PSN directly..

There is no harm in downloading the game and putting it on your PSP since you're using the CFW of the 6.60 which fixes any known issues about game launching.. just that the sad part is it will hardly be a translated game atm for GE2..

Obsidian_Crow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
what i will not be able to play this game plzz don't say that i really want to pllzzz

Well, @SkyBladeCloud didn't actually said that you couldn't play it.. he said that "the project is finished and will leave it like that for now" due to a patched iso being out already.. its just that the link for it has not yet been released or rather leaked...

Last edited by Obsidian_Crow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro