Continuing the god eater 2 translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jorji109, Jan 20, 2017.

1. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    Well then guys, as you know this thread is about continuing the god eater 2 translation.

JomelVega, Shub and lcie nimbus like this.

2. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    Ok so this is the story : the translation has been going for about 3 years and in that three years the project has been going uphill and downhill, because some people use google translate to translate the texts.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And in late 2016, finally the translation has finished and all that's left to do is putting it together. BUT after a few months of never getting notified by the devs, the project is presumed dead, however there is a little light showing thanks to the notification from the dev.

But this light doesn't last long, after a few more months of waiting and without any notification from the devs, our nightmare came which is that the project is cancelled by the devs, even though it's already so close and all that hardwork is almost payed off turns out it was all for nothing (for the guys who translated the stuff). So here I am, here we are asking for anyone who has some free time to help us continue this project.

Last edited by jorji109, Jan 20, 2017
    Yuna5422 likes this.
  3. Shub

Shub Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Uk
    Yes and we need some gud people to finish this dam project.. Now its not abt just putting name or else... Its abt time and hope we guys lost.. We have to finish this.. Am ready with all help with someone programming skill..

InquisitionImplied and Yuna5422 like this.
  4. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    InquisitionImplied and Yuna5422 like this.
  5. Yuna5422

Yuna5422 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2016
    Poland
    Poland - Jelenia Góra
    Yes, now that we got a new thread, it`s time to look for people. I`ll ask some of my friends, I hope they know something about programming... QwQ

6. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    Spread the word guys !

7. Yuna5422

Yuna5422 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2016
    Poland
    Poland - Jelenia Góra
    I definitely will!

Shub likes this.
  8. HarryNMoney

HarryNMoney Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    Venezuela
    I admire the enthusiasm of all!. I would like to be part of this

Shub likes this.
  9. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    hey guys I put up a another thread on gamefaqs. this will at least increase the odds a little bit.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  10. Karma Collector

Karma Collector Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    Canada
    I will spread the word amongst my circle, if I can't code the least I can do is spread the word around.

Shub, Yuna5422 and jorji109 like this.
  11. m4rc0

m4rc0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2014
    Italy
    I hope someone find interest in this sad and bitter end project ... But honestly it has very low chances ...

12. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    a long shot, but might as well try....... @SkyBladeCloud would you be interested in this ? your status says your interested in getting back into the scene and I admire your earlier work.

for those of you who don't know who SBC is, he's the guy who translated FF-type 0

Shub and jorji109 like this.
  13. SkyBladeCloud

SkyBladeCloud GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2010
    I once had a look at this game (it was one of my post-type-0 candidates xD) and came out with some ideas to translate it, nothing as far as translation tools, but some research about how to do them, in fact I even made a quick extraction and reisertion test:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/god-eater-2-english-translation-possible.360209/

I'll be watching these threads (I see there are 3 open discussions and I actually have no idea about the state of the project, only that I was mentioned in this one xD); of course, whoever was in charge of the romhacking part of this project (I think it was coldbird?), should be the most appropriate person to finish it, but it would be a pity if the translation stage is finished and it can't be enjoyed due to unfinished tools...

~Sky

Joel16, Kusogane, lcie nimbus and 3 others like this.
  14. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    yeah the bad news is coldbird hasn't even came to this thread for a year I think. do the chances are pretty low for him to comeback and devnoname has already given the project. So we'd really appreciate it if you can continue this. btw great job on ff type-0 translation and of course thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Yuna5422 likes this.
  15. Shub

Shub Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Uk
    Thanks @SkyBladeCloud atlest keeping things alive...yes coldbird have to but he not here(i understand that he have family respon or problems) but other devloper continue without telling state of project...we all guys wait though.. Am ready and willing all help i could offer of my knowlede to finish this project...and i think on first page of main god eater project thread coldbird mention something his tools and youtube video too attached there it might some help to you.... This is big and nice project too we all hanging in middle...if u plz lead us we all be behind u... Thanks skybladecloud for ff type zero work and given time here

Last edited by Shub, Jan 20, 2017
    Yuna5422 likes this.
  16. lcie nimbus

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Coldbird has lost all interest in this, and when I asked for the tools, @devnoname120 said he needed coldbird's permission, and that coldbirb was extremely busy at the moment. as for the state of the project I believe the translation, reviewing and possibly the bug fixing are done.

17. lcie nimbus

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    i've got a proposition for you 2 .
    @devnoname120 could you ask coldbird to let sky take over the translation, and supply him with the tools and the translation ? also could you post a full status update here ?
    @SkyBladeCloud would you be interested in finishing this if you had full acsess to the tools and the translation ?

jorji109 and Shub like this.
  18. Shub

Shub Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Uk
    Note- at god eater main first page some video and tools related things talk by coldbird it may help....
    and sky it could be nice jewel in ur contribution too...as much i know ff type zero is one of the best project there.. So this one too i feel this game also deserve too.. Hope sky u think abt it...

19. jorji109
    OP

jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    hey everyone, sorry for not being online often yesterday, it's just that my phone doesn't get the slightest bit of signal until now. Now then ,moving on to the good news and bad news. good news is people are starting to see the posts on the places I wrote. Bad news is only a jerk and a guy who left a video and both of these guys are from gamefaqs.
    So basically the progress is not that good, but we have SBC who already done a game and a very big game (2,7 gb) so needless to say he is very good and right now i'm playing the game and I must say it's incredibly well done. So SBC we'd really appreciate it, if you can help us and of course we'll be supporting you from behind. So that's it for now and have a nice day. Oh and before I forget @devnoname120 can you please ask Coldbird to give SBC the tool if he accepts to take over the project ? i'd really appreciate it.

20. Shub

Shub Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Uk
    Yes atlest people seeing things.. Thanks to u begin this thread and icis nimbus for bring sbc atlest here... He is big hope.. If coldbird atlest show up.. I sure something must be done

jorji109 likes this.