Considering buying a Switch Lite, can you use the account from a banned switch?

MrRevocs Sep 8, 2019.

1. MrRevocs
    OP

MrRevocs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So I am considering buying a nintendo switch lite. My old switch with CFW has been banned by nintendo. Is it possible to use the OG account without getting banned on lite or do I need to make a new account for the lite to stay legit?

NoNAND likes this.
  2. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Yes

NoNAND likes this.
  3. Only1chance

Only1chance Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2018
    Costa Rica
    We don't really know, was it the switch that was banned or your account? You can try and see what happens, good thing is that the lite is quite cheap.

NoNAND likes this.
  4. MrRevocs
    OP

MrRevocs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It was the switch, however I was able to de register the console and also I can access my account on PC.

NoNAND likes this.
  5. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    You can use the account fine, what you can’t do is system transfer the account and saves from the banned Switch to the Lite.

NoNAND and MrRevocs like this.
  6. MrRevocs
    OP

MrRevocs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ah thats good then. Thank You for the clarification. Now I can happily buy a switch lite without worries

NoNAND and Only1chance like this.
  7. Only1chance

Only1chance Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2018
    Costa Rica
    I would like to buy a lite because they are a bit smaller , but I already own a first gen and don't really need it. When making comments of getting a lite I get a disapproving look from my so.

NoNAND likes this.
  8. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    *sigh*
    why on earth would you want to link an account of a banned switch to a new one that's not banned.
    We never know what might happen to it next. There's always a slight chance of getting your switch lite banned for nothing? would you want that? surely no you don't.
    You're better off creating a new account from scratch rather than associate old accounts of banned switches.
    Better safe than sorry they say.
    Take care :)

Reynardine and MicmasH_W like this.
  9. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    *sigh* this wasn’t his question. He asked if it is possible or not. Not why someone should or shouldn’t do this.

snobbysteven likes this.
  10. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    Yeah Nintendo has no problem with you spending another $300 on a console when they ban your previous one lol. They probably are fingers crossed that you will try doing the same thing on this one so they can keep getting new consoles purchases from you. They let you keep your account to reel you into buying another console :P

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted