Hacking CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breaking 7.x appears to actually have been relatively easy, but the specific exploit is hoarded to prevent Nintendo patching it.

It might not be in their skill set and any hackers will the skills could refuse to sell them an exploit.

Flat sales could be because of lack of 7.x support, it's not in itself a reason to stop development. Or it could be the ipatch issue, as new Switch users won't buy SX OS.

I didn't say soon, there will come a time when nobody cares about atmosphere anymore.
If sales are low, you're asking TX to essentially work for free. That's unrealistic. It's why Gateway died.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If sales are low, you're asking TX to essentially work for free. That's unrealistic. It's why Gateway died.

Or if they continue working and release an update with 7.x and ipatched support then it could kickstart sales again.

We don't know what they know and what they don't know.

Last edited by smf,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if they continue working and release an update with 7.x and ipatched support then it could kickstart sales again.

We don't know what they know and what they don't know.
It looks like their sales might have started to drop over the summer when free CFW with signature patches was released, so I don't think 7.0.x support would increase sales; it would return things to the status quo, still after the drop.

ipatched support might increase sales, but that was probably a lie.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We don't know how profitable that is.

Very true, so we can't draw any conclusions. Assuming it's not profitable would be just as flawed as assuming it's very profitable.

Maybe TX are too busy on their party boat drinking champagne with hot models on the proceeds.

Last edited by smf,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true, so we can't draw any conclusions. Assuming it's not profitable would be just as flawed as assuming it's very profitable.

Maybe TX are too busy on their party boat drinking champagne with hot models on the proceeds.
That's probably exactly what they're doing. They knew before they boarded this gravy train that it would be a short ride, since Atmosphere was poised to be the Luma3DS of the Switch.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's probably exactly what they're doing. They knew before they boarded this gravy train that it would be a short ride, since Atmosphere was poised to be the Luma3DS of the Switch.

I don't personally know who the devs are, so they may actually be part of the scene and would add support for 7.x for lolz.

I'm still pretty amazed at the psjailbreak, that exploit was way more complex than any thing we've seen on the switch.

Last edited by smf,

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if sxos flops in the end.. luma would be rei as its more for the games and what not.. and will have custom themes

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
even if sxos flops in the end.. luma would be rei as its more for the games and what not.. and will have custom themes

I never used Luma3ds, does it also come with creepy anime like reinx ;-) ?

Last edited by smf,

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Atmosphere logo would be too damaging to their business model that necessitates ignorance of free custom firmwares.

In fairness, we need to take ourselves out of the bubble here. The reality is that the overwhelming majority of their userbase are normies that may not even know this forums exists, much less care about free options. This scene still has a good period of maturity left with a long track record of something like the 3ds guide before we see more mainstream recognition. So, sure, some folks from this forum will download it and see the logo and go "See!? Told ya!", but most will see it, shrug and play their pirated games. I don't think the impact here would be anything close the seismic revelation you think it may be. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow theres going to be a lot of I told you so in this thread no matter the outcome of sxos.

I do enjoy these threads where people point out the good and bads. Quite entertaining.

Personally I own sxos but have not used it since v5 of switch. I jumped ship to atmo and will stick with the atmo teams.

I guess the way I see things is if your charging for a product but dont have the skills to do what your selling and cant support latest firmwares then you shouldn't be selling nothing.

Oh and xci is illegal and atmos will never ever include it for that reason alone. Emunand is not a failsafe way for online gaming so it's pointless to me. I run a 400gb sdcard so I dont need no usb loading and I run a trinket m0 so no need to push payloads manually. Point is sxos features are useless to me so the only thing I'd want is support for the latest firmware and TX cant do that.

My prediction is sxos will die of a slow death. Until they learn to keep up with new firmwares more and more will switch over to atmosphere.

Reactions: Heichart
D

Deleted User

lets also mention that none of the members of atmosphere comes close to make xci loading, hdd or emunand... see this is just fanboy.. people use the cfw they like for the features it has .. stop this.

by that logic nobody should have hacked the switch as is closed source. -.-
Your being retarded... Ok let me explain. If something is closed sourced (in exploit context), it means that only a few select people have it or are aware of it. Aka, some of the people at reswitched are aware of the exploit, however they have not disclosed the exploit or made it public. Which you can state that it exists, but not point out where.

Reactions: Romain80200

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like their sales might have started to drop over the summer when free CFW with signature patches was released, so I don't think 7.0.x support would increase sales; it would return things to the status quo, still after the drop.

ipatched support might increase sales, but that was probably a lie.

where are you getting these sales figures from ? please send me the link, I've only ever seen 1 post about sales figures and you've admitted you had never seen that post. so i'm interested where you have got this evidence from ?

I've got 3 friends at work who have switches, I've showed them the SX pro I have and I also told them there was a free version of CFW but it was not so simple as cutting and pasting, 2 of the 3 would have bought SX pro until I told them their switches were patched, the other person who can use CFW doesn't want to because they play online alot.

there are still over 19 million switch owners that TX can sell to.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sigh So many people wanting Gateway to released a TSEC exploit... trust me, you don't want them to do that

Damn right there, we don't need to burn another exploit, for instance like 6.2 - 7.0.x. That would be bad for the scene as a whole.

I know ReiNX will be using sept and with the testing I did last night, we are using the sept splash at the current point

*shrug*

Just a recap
  • Sept is a signed payload for tsec, that is signed with the tsec keys. These keys are not public or publicly obtainable
  • Atmosphere uses sept, reinx will be using sept.
  • TX mods say they are working on it with no roadblocks, this means they are either using their own tsec exploit which is bad for us OR they are using sept.
Did I miss anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?