Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bubsexton said:
Installed ios16 thorugh wad manager 1.3 and then ciosfix with custom wad manager and it all installs fine when done on a new untouched wii. After this, WD 1.3 will not load and many other apps will not either and nothing I have tried will reverse this.

thats cause the new wiis block the CIOS, it will install but the wii wont let nothing will run off of it? thats why after you install the CIOS, Wad Manager than blacks out
See i thought all of this has already been confirmed, from other experienced users

I have not personally tried one myself, But many people has been saying this, So i dunno myself

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
then I start to suspect of that cIOS_fix.wad you have, anyway why are the people still using that cIOS_fix.wad when you can directly install the ios249_r7.wad and have the Gamma Launcher working..!!
smile.gif

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know almost everyone (except for very few, which I appreciate)thinks I have done something wrong and I have not ever seen a problem arise like this. And to beat it all.... I had 6 wiis failed! That just cant be a coincidence and I really have racked my brain over the matter and I think you guys could help with this and I appreciate everyones time including the ones that think I am messing something up because that is your opinion. But if you were here and had these wiis I could let you see this. And my wife is trying to find my digital camera so I can record and post on youtube .

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
then I start to suspect of that cIOS_fix.wad you have, anyway why are the people still using that cIOS_fix.wad when you can directly install the ios249_r7.wad and have the Gamma Launcher working..!!

thats true...also all the 002 threadz? why not just install cioscorp and forget about that error? been alot of trouble shoot posts lately though huh?

QUOTEbut I make alot of money modding wiis for several people

not cool imo its supposed to be free and its not like it takes alot of time...I do the same thing and for FREE i know! no more input from me wont be surprised if others find that scummy....

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok just edit the part where you say something about money cause not many people will agree with you on this matter....!!!
biggrin.gif
see..?? ^^

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bubsexton said:
I know almost everyone (except for very few, which I appreciate) thinks I am doing something wrong but I make alot of money modding wiis for several people and I have not ever seen a problem arise like this. And to beat it all.... I had 6 wiis failed! That just cant be a coincidence and I really have racked my brain over the matter and I think you guys could help with this and I appreciate everyones time including the ones that think I am messing something up because that is your opinion. But if you were here and had these wiis I could let you see this. And my wife is trying to find my digital camera so I can record and post on youtube .

now that is just not nice...

have you ever donated any thing to the sofmod makers?
they make something for free and you charge money for it and now you want help?

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your exactly right wiiblaster. Thats what happens after cios is installed. I have also tried Ciosrev7 and Multi_cIOS installer and neither will load (black screen). Whatever ever it is its not allowing wd1.3,ios installer,or cios installer to even load (black screen also). Anytitledeleter ,custom WD and anyregionchanger are the only things useful that will and they all recieve errors except for custom WD which acts like it installs but really does not.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
bubsexton said:
I make alot of money modding wiis for several people
Well, that is some good news then. You'll be able to afford to pay waninkoko to debug it for you.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally if people are willing to pay and dont want to spend 5 minutes on google learning how to do it themselves then I really have no issue with this guy charging for his 'services'

I only hope you are charging something reasonable like $25 or something and not completely ripping people off. However, in general Ive got nothing against the guy charging for his time.

bubsexton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to install offline but half the files do not instal correctly and the same ole turn out.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bubsexton said:
I know almost everyone (except for very few, which I appreciate) thinks I am doing something wrong but I make alot of money modding wiis for several people and I have not ever seen a problem arise like this. And to beat it all.... I had 6 wiis failed! That just cant be a coincidence and I really have racked my brain over the matter and I think you guys could help with this and I appreciate everyones time including the ones that think I am messing something up because that is your opinion. But if you were here and had these wiis I could let you see this. And my wife is trying to find my digital camera so I can record and post on youtube .

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People. Heres the scoop. I highly doubt that new wii's are "unsoftmodable". Does this mean no TW Hack, no HBC, no cIOS, no Backups, or what? If cIOS installs correctly, then there is no way WAD Manager will choke on it as a) WAD Manager reverts back to IOS36 (standard HB IOS) if IOS249 can't load, and b) There is no way for it to black-screen with IOS36.

Secondly, I know why the NAND Dumper failed (/dev/flash/ access blocked in 3.4, kinda forgot about this, sorry
frown.gif
).

Third, even if these Wii's have some objection to IOS249, it does not mean "unsoftmodable". It just means IOS16 isn't the way to go (it never was in the first place, IMO). Anyway, there is another publicly available exploit that I'll make into a nice, easy guide if necessary.

-- a really, really, really bored icefire
tongue.gif

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oy vey..... making money of softmodding OP? saying that youve just lost 90% of your support..

making money off of other peoples work (free work at that) is just not cool...

i hope you are doing this on the side and not as a buisness as that would be way to wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!