Hacking CONFIRMED: A sure way to play DS games on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS w/o needing to re-install the exploit

Pacman`

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if a definite solution has been found yet, but here goes...

My N3DS: 9.0.0-20U
My Emunand: 9.5.0-23U
GW: 3.2
mset_usa.cia as provided by GW 3.2
... and of course, YMMV

This morning I was curious about ROPInstaller_N3DS and flashcardtimewarp.cia, and was finally going to try these out.

Then I came across a post that mentioned NOT shutting down the N3DS after playing a DS game, but booting into Emunand to preserve the DS Profile Exploit.

This is what I found. If you boot into sysnand with a DS game in the slot, you can play that game (and probably others) and as long as you don't turn the N3DS off, you won't lose the DS Profile Exploit IF you then boot successfully into emunand. You do this by pressing Home to exit the DS game, removing the DS cart, putting in your GW cart and then booting into your emunand.
I tried this several times, and each time it worked!

Then I tried it on my O3DS (sysnand: 4.4, emunand:9.7), but it failed! This might explain the confusion surrounding this procedure.
It works on the N3DS but not on the O3DS!

Another thing I found with either (old/new) is that whenever I'm on emunand, and I try to play a DS game I always get a black screen. So for me, the best thing is just to shutdown if I'm on emunand, and then boot into sysnand with the DS cart in the slot.

Now I heard about the problems associated with the GW Blue Card not booting, but I'm using a R4i Gold 3DS DS flashcart with Wood_R4i_Gold_V1.64. It's cheap and it works great. So I don't even have to play around with flashcardtimewarp.cia now.

AS for ROPInstaller_N3DS, I heard it's pretty good and if I ever have to re-install the DS exploit on my N3DS I will try it.

Thanks to all the people that contribute to the scene... :)

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't claim something is confirmed if it isn't. This doesn't work for me. When I exit with the home button and go straight into the settings the exploit is gone for me

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i suspect the people who this works for actually already had the exploit "locked in" and these steps where doing nothing for them.....but if the exploit isnt locked in these steps wont help, only "confirmed" method is the one linked to by retrospect

and once its locked in, its locked in unless you mess it up by messing with NVRAM or editing certain profile settings such as name or date of birth etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1