Hacking Configurator for Configurable USB Loader

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to set certain games to load using certain ioses? for example i want my wiiware forwarders to use 222 or 249 rev 17. but i want to load actual game isos using 250 rev 19 or 224 v5. i know i can do this in the loader but i really don't want to have to change each one, and do it ONE by ONE on the wii, i can do it on the PC.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
is there a way to set certain games to load using certain ioses? for example i want my wiiware forwarders to use 222 or 249 rev 17. but i want to load actual game isos using 250 rev 19 or 224 v5. i know i can do this in the loader but i really don't want to have to change each one, and do it ONE by ONE on the wii, i can do it on the PC.
Yep.

First, you need your game list. You can get this by either saving global settings in Cfg (which will produce gamelist.txt in the base directory) or if your drive is FAT or NTFS you can read the list directly from the directory structure.

Then, in the Configurator:[*]Go to the Game Settings tab[*]Read Existing settings.cfg (if you didn't do this when starting the Configurator)[*]If you created a gamelist.txt, read it by selecting "Add .txt game list to settings list" and select gamelist.txt[*]If you want to load the list from your wbfs folder instead, select "Add games folder to settings list" and select the wbfs folder[*]Select "Manage other options"[*]Configure away![*]Push OK[*]Generate settings.cfgWhen configuring the settings, make sure you click the "save?" box for each game as well. In the next version, I might make that autocheck when you change another option, but you have to select it manually for now.

This is how the wizard you are using should look (sort of, it's an earlier version):
options.png

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out how to get cfg loader to do this.
At launch have the loader display the game last played in coverflow.
I don't want to sort by date last played. Just sorted by title, with the last game played being the one displayed at startup.

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
superloafer said:
I'm trying to figure out how to get cfg loader to do this.
At launch have the loader display the game last played in coverflow.
I don't want to sort by date last played. Just sorted by title, with the last game played being the one displayed at startup.

Thanks in advance!
You can't do it right now. Looks like an easy enough feature to add, though. Watch the release notes of Cfg.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
is anyone using this app under parallels on a mac? host operating system is snow leopard, virtual os is xp, and the app crashes after its splash screen.
Try Mono. I haven't tested compatibility with Mono in a LONG time, so I don't know if it will work, but it used to.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Try Mono. I haven't tested compatibility with Mono in a LONG time, so I don't know if it will work, but it used to.
thats actually what i was trying to move away from - it works, but theres a ton of graphical issues (not your fault) associated with running it that way; constant redrawing and such, makes it painful to use.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OncleJulien said:
Dr. Clipper said:
thats actually what i was trying to move away from - it works, but theres a ton of graphical issues (not your fault) associated with running it that way; constant redrawing and such, makes it painful to use.

Just a question: on virtual XP, the app crashes outputing a particular message or it closes itself without saying anything?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Just a question: on virtual XP, the app crashes outputing a particular message or it closes itself without saying anything?
One other thing to note is that the version OncleJulien was using was 57.3. He updated to 57.10 and it apparently works like a charm. 57.3 was right around the time that I did the complete restructure of the code and I think I had a few potentially buggy things that could happen while loading.

Oh, and this also prompted me to update the OP at last. I can't believe I haven't touched it since 57.3.
blink.gif

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
One other thing to note is that the version OncleJulien was using was 57.3. He updated to 57.10 and it apparently works like a charm. 57.3 was right around the time that I did the complete restructure of the code and I think I had a few potentially buggy things that could happen while loading.

Oh, and this also prompted me to update the OP at last. I can't believe I haven't touched it since 57.3.
blink.gif

Ah, okay, everything solved.
smile.gif

OP = ?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
what he said - older version was no joy, latest version is all good, all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...