Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah, seem's that's the option i wanted to "lock"

thanks alot
biggrin.gif

also, i've been trying to make a theme using the configurator,
i can make a overlay image in the overlay wizard but when i use the console wizard.... nothing?

i'm using a background image for making the overlay, but.... i don't get it, when i look at other theme's they have a Background.png and the bg_gui.png(the background image) im using the theme bluematrix as a referance to make my theme.... any help would be greatly appreciated. ty

/cloud

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Cloudbringer said:
yeah, seem's that's the option i wanted to "lock"

thanks alot
biggrin.gif

also, i've been trying to make a theme using the configurator,
i can make a overlay image in the overlay wizard but when i use the console wizard.... nothing?

i'm using a background image for making the overlay, but.... i don't get it, when i look at other theme's they have a Background.png and the bg_gui.png(the background image) im using the theme bluematrix as a referance to make my theme.... any help would be greatly appreciated. ty

/cloud

Hi cloud, I don't know if my help is useful but, when I make my themes, I make only 2 images: bg.png and bg_gui.png. In bg.png (console view) I make the "overlay" in the image (I use corel draw or photoshop) so I can make some overlay different of just a reticule. My images are croppable (I produce in 800x480, but the "content" proper in 640x480) When I use the overlay wizzard, just make the overlay, save and then import into console wizzard to see and make de coords.

In this way you hace 3 images, bg, bg_gui and overlay.

Seeya!

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. You don't really need to do any coordinate setting on the GUI image, so there's no wizard for it. Just create the image and use the Install wizard to collect, resize and rename the file you want for the GUI.

Cloudbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so you basically mean that

i use this picture here

make this
need to click this one to view it properly. btw
tongue.gif

and photoshop the matrix pic underneath the overlay? thats where im kinda lost
unsure.gif
or is the overlay automatically transparent when i go into console view?

and i'm sorry for the stupid questions i'm asking, just not used to makin this stuff.

/cloud

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Cloudbringer said:

i use this picture here

make this
need to click this one to view it properly. btw
tongue.gif

unsure.gif

and i'm sorry for the stupid questions i'm asking, just not used to makin this stuff.

/cloud

Yep, but the 2 images must have the same size (800x480 or 854x480) and the overlay must have transparent background (I don't know if you image has the transparent bg cause in my browser the bg is white, but is my problem). The content must fit in 640px width, cause the 4:3 TV crop 2 sides of images to ajust on the screen. Now you just import the overlay and the bg of GUI (the matrix image) and configure your console (text, cover position, etc)

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Dr. Clipper.

heeding the call of the Configurator splash, I created some splashes options for possible use if the CFG team like this.

These options are in gray style, but I'm already creating some different in "dark style" and "color style".

If you like this, and would like to use them, just give me the coordinates of size, resolution and image format, so I can send them correctly.

OBS.: I did not find the GAF's Homebrew Wii thread here in GBAtemp , so I post it here. If it is the wrong place please let me know.
OBS2.: The icons used are from Iconspedia and are free for non-commercial use.

Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cloudbringer said:

i use this picture here
http://img833.imageshack.us/i/matrixone.png/

make this
http://img231.imageshack.us/i/bgoverlayw.png/

unsure.gif

/cloud
If the overlay image contains transparency, then you can just use those two images (use the Configurator's install wizard to name them correctly). You could shop them together and work without an overlay if you want too.

QUOTE(pedimaisum @ Jul 28 2010, 06:58 AM) Hi Dr. Clipper.

heeding the call of the Configurator splash, I created some splashes options for possible use if the CFG team like this.

These options are in gray style, but I'm already creating some different in "dark style" and "color style".

If you like this, and would like to use them, just give me the coordinates of size, resolution and image format, so I can send them correctly.

OBS.: I did not find the GAF's Homebrew Wii thread here in GBAtemp , so I post it here. If it is the wrong place please let me know.
OBS2.: The icons used are from Iconspedia and are free for non-commercial use.

Thanks!

Thanks, but I'd rather not use the shortened name. Keep it as Configurator if possible.

As for size, it really doesn't matter. I can create the form at any size and I really don't care as long as it's no bigger than the Configurator main window (i.e., keep it under 800*600 or so). For the other elements, don't include the version number or "splash wanted" text, but moreso indicate where you'd like it to appear and in which font (and make it a font that comes with Windows). I'll want to change or remove the splash wanted text and the version number is auto-generated.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Thanks, but I'd rather not use the shortened name. Keep it as Configurator if possible.

As for size, it really doesn't matter. I can create the form at any size and I really don't care as long as it's no bigger than the Configurator main window (i.e., keep it under 800*600 or so). For the other elements, don't include the version number or "splash wanted" text, but moreso indicate where you'd like it to appear and in which font (and make it a font that comes with Windows). I'll want to change or remove the splash wanted text and the version number is auto-generated.

Ok, this images are just some layouts to you for appreciation
smile.gif
I will make the changes (name, size 800x600 proportions and quit the informations) and up again when its done.

Thanks for you attention one more time.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Dr. Clipper
I make the changes in the images and send it below for appreciation.
I don't know if it's possible, or if you like this, but if you can put the auto-generated element text (Loading msg, version and new splash note) in the same position from the prev images (loading in top-left, version in top-right and new splash note in bottom-left), I think that will equilibrate the layout. If you can and like this, of course.

Btw, If you can to put the version text in the same color of "CONFIG" text (blue in blue model and red in the red model), this is pretty nice.

The font what I used is "Impact" in loading msg and in vesion txt.
In the new splash txt, I used Arial.

The color tones:
Blue: #1c4d8c
Gray: #6b6867
Red: #9d1827

So, here's the images:

I hope you enjoy. I will send the new style images soon, when I finish.
Bye.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like a lot the blue splash.

The only thing is that I would have done it smaller, as the actual splash screen size.

And (why not?), with the transparent background, so only the "Configurator" writing and the toolbox appear.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
wiixale said:
I like a lot the blue splash.

The only thing is that I would have done it smaller, as the actual splash screen size.

And (why not?), with the transparent background, so only the "Configurator" writing and the toolbox appear.

Personally, I don't like of transparent splashes, cause if the desktop background is too dark or too light, this could to be ugly and the info texts maybe looks hard to read. But, if the CFG team want, is just tell
wink.gif

About the size, I thik Dr. Clipper resize this, cause he said before that size no matters for the image, he make this after. So, I make de images in largerlar size, this way he can to manipulate this better without loose resolution.

I like de blue too
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
Personally, I don't like of transparent splashes, cause if the desktop background is too dark or too light, this could to be ugly and the info texts maybe looks hard to read. But, if the CFG team want, is just tell
wink.gif

About the size, I thik Dr. Clipper resize this, cause he said before that size no matters for the image, he make this after. So, I make de images in largerlar size, this way he can to manipulate this better without loose resolution.

I like de blue too
wink.gif
On the size thing, make it the size you want. I have very little artistic design skill and all I'll be doing is turning the image into a VB form at whatever resolution you give it to me. I am not going to do any manipulation after the fact, apart from to add the text boxes for the text, so please make it exactly the size you think would look best as I defer to your judgement on this one. In fact, on the text thing, you can leave the loading text as part of the image. I probably won't ever need to change it.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
pedimaisum said:
wink.gif

I like de blue too
wink.gif
On the size thing, make it the size you want. I have very little artistic design skill and all I'll be doing is turning the image into a VB form at whatever resolution you give it to me. I am not going to do any manipulation after the fact, apart from to add the text boxes for the text, so please make it exactly the size you think would look best as I defer to your judgement on this one. In fact, on the text thing, you can leave the loading text as part of the image. I probably won't ever need to change it.

Ok, so a I will make the images with the same width of the actual splash, this will stay in 400x300px, (800x600 proportions). It's nice?
I'll make the images with the loading text, and leave a space for the version and new splash thing, this is right?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
Ok, so a I will make the images with the same width of the actual splash, this will stay in 400x300px, (800x600 proportions). It's nice?
I'll make the images with the loading text, and leave a space for the version and new splash thing, this is right?
Sounds fine. Thanks.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
pedimaisum said:
Sounds fine. Thanks.

Hi Dr. Clipper

Here is the last changes of splashes. Please, verify if its ok.
If I can help the CFG project with more images, icons, etc, just tell me.
When I have more splashes I'll post here.
Bye.

Cloudbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the advice and the anwsers btw
biggrin.gif
helps alot. gonna try to get my theme together and see how it looks on my wii then
biggrin.gif

pedimaisum said:
Btw, Is it possible to use animate pictures? if so, The three cogwheels should turn. and put the configurator on the line as done in cfgratorsplash02final.png.
That would feel like a even more configurable entry screen
biggrin.gif
altho what do i know
tongue.gif
im stuck on fiddeling with my matrix theme atm
moogle.gif

mmh, think my theme is done. any good places to upload/post it so you can DL and check? gonna check it in 5 hrs when i get home from zhe boring workzorz...

/Cloud

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, the blue one will be in the next version (just finished adding it). Incidentally, if you can post a small version of the case, I can make it the application icon
wink.gif

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, the blue one will be in the next version (just finished adding it). Incidentally, if you can post a small version of the case, I can make it the application icon
wink.gif

yes, of course! I will stay very happy seeing the next splash in Configurator.

You say just the case, without background (transparent) in png format? if yes, what size? 16x16, 32x32? or I understand wrong?
Is a desktop/.exe icon or other thing, like a homebrew app icon?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
yes, of course! I will stay very happy seeing the next splash in Configurator.

You say just the case, without background (transparent) in png format? if yes, what size? 16x16, 32x32? or I understand wrong?
Is a desktop/.exe icon or other thing, like a homebrew app icon?
OK, I just looked this up. It seems I should have at least 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, and 256x256 versions to suit Vista and Windows 7, although 24x24 and 64x64 might also be useful for older Windows OSes. If you give me the 256 one, I can probably make the rest myself. These are the icons that will appear at the top left of the window and the task bar and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1