ROM Hack Suggestion Configuration for every controller

Which of the following features do you wish for the most?

• Adding deadzones to thumbsticks

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Remapping 3rd party controller's buttons

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Remove snapping and finetune thumbstick sensitivity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iacErPUL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
We all know the joy-con thumbsticks drifting is a problem. In my case, this problem extends even further to my Pro Controller. Sometimes, the thumbsticks on my Pro Controller would just nudge enough to keep it holding to the right or left. Also, I have seen that when I calibrate the thumbsticks, they seem to snap towards up, down, left or right which makes precise controls hard to make, especially on the joy-cons. I was thinking if there would be a way to configure (any, including 3rd party) controllers with more options than Nintendo's remapping settings and complement it. I have a 3rd party controller which has the Xbox-layout and thus the layout of the buttons on the controller don't correspond to the game. This can't be solved by Nintendo's remapping settings, it's simply disabled. I only want a few things:
  • Deadzones for the thumbsticks.
  • Button remapping for 3rd party controllers.
  • Remove snapping and finetune thumbstick sensitivity. This may be too much, but I thought this would be necessary if there's a deadzone.
The first wish I what I really want as it would fix joy-con drifting issues as well as my thumbstick drifting issue on the Pro Controller and help with any weird jitter. Every major platform seems to have this option except the Switch. Would this be possible? If yes, is this too much work?

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.