Hall Joysticks On Switch Pro Controller

Retro2Modern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my hall effect joysticks for my Switch, but I am wondering why the stick always has limited movement when I put the front shell on.

EDIT: Never mind. I've figured it out that it was the plastic interfering. Somebody should make thinner stick caps.

2nd EDIT: I've done a little bit of tinkering with my 3D printer and Blender to see what I can do to have good thin joysticks for the hall sensing ones I installed and I have figured out that the sticks need to be tall to get free range movement of everything in the controller's analog stick so I'm 3D printing one that can be connected together.

Last edited by Retro2Modern,

Retro2Modern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW UPDATE FROM MY END (please forgive me for continuing this thread): I've adjusted my Stick sensitivity in the Joy Con Toolkit to "500" for both left and right sticks while the deadzone stays at 50%. So IF anyone is wanting to use their sticks for the Switch Pro Controller, but have limited range on them, use the Joy Con Toolkit.

Last edited by Retro2Modern,

Darkruler69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like you're giving up. Well I have to say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And I'm enjoying it right now.
I bought two different hall effect sticks from aliexpress the blue ones, branded K-silver, and just today I received the other yellow ones with the white shaft.
The blue k-silver blue ones are no good, I got all the issues you describe. Tried all sorts of things, changed them like 6 times, thinking I got some faulty ones and that among the 10 I got there had to be at least one good one. But no. I messed up one controller board. My advise, tape the connection on the rumble motors before trying to solder/desolder anything, those things are fragile AF.
Ok, enough rambling. The yellow sticks with the white shaft, actually do work, they have a G on them, I pressume is Gullikit but I have no idea if that's true. I installed one today, and to my surprise and joy (after all the shit I did before). They actually accept calibration with no issue with the controller fully assembled (Yes I tried calibrating the other ones with the top part off, it just wouldn't work).
Post automatically merged:

The sticks are alright, they are quite more precise than the regular potentiometers. However they are a bit easier to push, and that makes them feel a little bit loose. But yeah if you think you will benefit from having hall effect sticks those yellow ones do work and quite well. You just have to get used to the little bit lighter resistance on them

UPDATE
The deadzone felt larger than the stock joysticks. So I remembered what you put about the joycon toolkit. I manually reduced the deadzone to 48 instead of 96 that was the value It was showing me. It works a lot better. I'm affraid to try lower values lol, but this looks insanely promising

UPDATE 2
I got the deadzone down to 1A, which for some reason is what comes right below 20. Also reduced the range from F33 to F20 on the Joycon toolkit. I think I'm going to leave it at that, it feels very responsive an accurate. Go buy these things and set them to your liking XD

Attachments

• P_20231026_200522_1.jpg
    P_20231026_200522_1.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P_20231026_200401_1.jpg
    P_20231026_200401_1.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 43
  • P_20231026_195004.jpg
    P_20231026_195004.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
  • P_20231026_181837.jpg
    P_20231026_181837.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited by Darkruler69,
Reactions: Retro2Modern

Retro2Modern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like you're giving up. Well I have to say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And I'm enjoying it right now.
I bought two different hall effect sticks from aliexpress the blue ones, branded K-silver, and just today I received the other yellow ones with the white shaft.
The blue k-silver blue ones are no good, I got all the issues you describe. Tried all sorts of things, changed them like 6 times, thinking I got some faulty ones and that among the 10 I got there had to be at least one good one. But no. I messed up one controller board. My advise, tape the connection on the rumble motors before trying to solder/desolder anything, those things are fragile AF.
Ok, enough rambling. The yellow sticks with the white shaft, actually do work, they have a G on them, I pressume is Gullikit but I have no idea if that's true. I installed one today, and to my surprise and joy (after all the shit I did before). They actually accept calibration with no issue with the controller fully assembled (Yes I tried calibrating the other ones with the top part off, it just wouldn't work).

The sticks are alright, they are quite more precise than the regular potentiometers. However they are a bit easier to push, and that makes them feel a little bit loose. But yeah if you think you will benefit from having hall effect sticks those yellow ones do work and quite well. You just have to get used to the little bit lighter resistance on them

UPDATE
The deadzone felt larger than the stock joysticks. So I remembered what you put about the joycon toolkit. I manually reduced the deadzone to 48 instead of 96 that was the value It was showing me. It works a lot better. I'm affraid to try lower values lol, but this looks insanely promising

UPDATE 2
I got the deadzone down to 1A, which for some reason is what comes right below 20. Also reduced the range from F33 to F20 on the Joycon toolkit. I think I'm going to leave it at that, it feels very responsive an accurate. Go buy these things and set them to your liking XD
That's actually good to hear about your satisfaction with the other hall effect joysticks for the Pro Controllers. But yeah, Do whatever floats your boat. But... IF you WERE to use them for PC game playing, do keep in mind that YOU will need ReWASD and edit the calibration yourself because I tested the calibration on my pro controller with the hall sensors installed on both sticks and noticed the limited range. Good thing I got myself a lifetime license (Advanced Mapping) for it and tested it with the Gamepad Tester to make sure it calibrates correctly.

Darkruler69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only plan on using them on Switch.
I experienced the shorter range on the other ones.
Looking at these ones on the switch stick test, they appear to have the same short range, and are off-centered before the calibration. However, for some reason on these ones, the calibration actually goes through and they gain full range of motion.

The only problem was the deadzone which felt larger and the range a bit too large as well. I was able to fix it, by manually reducing them using the joycon toolkit on my PC.

tutruong16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UPDATE

UPDATE 2
how is circularity on these sticks? Do they reach 100% range too early (like the stick registering 100% when you didn't fully tilt the stick)?

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sucks.
I'm trying to get the orange ones from different sellers. Of three attempts so far, the first one messaged me asking to cancel and then refunded, the second appeared as cancelled on the tracking and is currently giving me the runaround to delay the refund, and the third is yet to ship.

• Sad
Reactions: Retro2Modern

zeomax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how is circularity on these sticks? Do they reach 100% range too early (like the stick registering 100% when you didn't fully tilt the stick)?
Yes they reach 100% to early. On the Switch you can correct this behavior with the calibration tool.
I'm trying to get the orange ones from different sellers. Of three attempts so far, the first one messaged me asking to cancel and then refunded, the second appeared as cancelled on the tracking and is currently giving me the runaround to delay the refund, and the third is yet to ship.
I am also trying to buy the yellow ones and they are all gone. Not a single seller on Aliexpress has them anymore. Only the blue and green sticks are available.

Reactions: tutruong16

nono2lozere

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes they reach 100% to early. On the Switch you can correct this behavior with the calibration tool.

I am also trying to buy the yellow ones and they are all gone. Not a single seller on Aliexpress has them anymore. Only the blue and green sticks are available.
try this item on aliexpress : /item/1005006212168260.html (I can't post link because I'm a noob here)
I've ordered 2 of them monday and my order is on the way

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
try this item on aliexpress : /item/1005006212168260.html (I can't post link because I'm a noob here)
I've ordered 2 of them monday and my order is on the way
Does your order have a tracking number? I have my third attempt on the way but no parcel tracking, so I'm bookmarking these for a fourth, if it comes to that.

nono2lozere

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does your order have a tracking number? I have my third attempt on the way but no parcel tracking, so I'm bookmarking these for a fourth, if it comes to that.
Yes I have a tracking number and parcel tracking :
Code:
Number:6A3241608**** 
Parcel status:Delivering
nation:Mainland China -> France

2023-12-30 16:39:52    Leaving from departure country/region
2023-12-29 19:23:02    Export clearance success
2023-12-29 19:20:01    Export customs clearance started
2023-12-28 08:37:22    Arrived at departure transport hub
2023-12-28 06:25:31    Outbound in sorting center
2023-12-28 04:05:32    Inbound in sorting center
2023-12-27 13:44:15    Accepted by carrier
2023-12-27 13:44:14    Delivery company has picked up the large shipment
2023-12-26 20:01:32    Order has been packed into a large shipment and ready for the delivery company to pick up.
======================================