Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
kamiro04 said:
jesquinas said:
(ii) I think that would be very interesting know the IOS and IOS version used by the game when it is played from disk channel.So when you had a problem with a concrete game that information would be useful for changing the cIOS base.
Are you looking for something like this http://translate.google.com.ar/translate?u...l=&ie=UTF-8?
Yeah but having that information, for example within the game description, would be GREAT, don't you think?

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pplucky said:
kamiro04 said:
jesquinas said:
(ii) I think that would be very interesting know the IOS and IOS version used by the game when it is played from disk channel.So when you had a problem with a concrete game that information would be useful for changing the cIOS base.
Are you looking for something like this http://translate.google.com.ar/translate?u...l=&ie=UTF-8?
Yeah but having that information, for example within the game description, would be GREAT, don't you think?
So far all the games i've tried with cIOS249[56]-v21d2x worked perfect - no lags, no hangs-up - it replaced my previous workhorse cIOS: 222[37+38]-v4. And its faster and supports SDHC! The only games I need to change the cIOS are the ones that require base 57 (and for that I've installed 250[57]-v21d2x).
You can install it with the lastest version of ModMii http://gbatemp.net/t263019-ciosx-rev21-controller-lag-fixed?
Hope it helps you!

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
kamiro04 said:
jesquinas said:
I think that would be very important but I am not sure that the .wbfs game stores the IOS with its minimal version.Maybe that information is in the update partition of the .iso file.What do you think?

Thx

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jesquinas said:
Then do you suggest use cios249 base 56 like main cIOS in USB Loader?

Thx.
If you want to use it you should use the r21 lagfix version from modmii to make sure you don't get problems.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
jesquinas said:
Then do you suggest use cios249 base 56 like main cIOS in USB Loader?

Thx.
If you want to use it you should use the r21 lagfix version from modmii to make sure you don't get problems.
Of course,I followed the thread,another thing:
Does ios56 support SDHC cards? And microphones?,because I suppose that the use of ios57 it will be for these issues.Doesnt it?

Thx.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jesquinas said:
Does ios56 support SDHC cards? And microphones?
IOS56 should support SDHC and microphones, IOS57 support SDHC but no microphones.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to make a little testing with the Michael Jackson game.
cIOS249-base56(lag fixed) vs. cIOS222-base38(my main cIOS).There are moments in the game that it loads a lot of information from USB disk.I will tell you if the difference is notorious.

Thx in advance.

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesquinas said:
Does ios56 support SDHC cards? And microphones?,because I suppose that the use of ios57 it will be for these issues.Doesnt it?

I used the hermes cIOS v5.1 homebrew app to build 223[60] and the SDHC card and mic are finally working in RB3 under the latest usb cfg-loader -222 build. I'd recommend trying this as well.

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
I just tried updating CFG from cfg64-compat to cfg65-compat and after rebooting booth systems could not find my USB Drives.

1 system is using a 500GB Western Digital My Book and the othe is using an 8GB USB Jump drive.

When I reverted back to cfg64-compat everything is fine.

I think this is related to the problems I was experiencing with my FAT32 drive not working with v65-compat. Look back in the thread to find it like page 932 maybe? I think the new updates aren't working out with the old libogc and devkitPro that the -compat releases use. Does the regular, non-compat version not work for you or something? To be honest I didn't quite understand the whole point of the -compat release anyways, maybe somebody could enlighten me on this?

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aigh.. can someone please help me. I'm having the hardest time getting my covers to show up. I first tried just downloading the massive zip of all of them, and they didn't show up on CFG Loader so then I tried to have the CFG Loader Config.exe program do it, and it downloaded them but they still don't show up in the loader. I just get the NO IMAGE graphic for all of them.

My config.txt is in my usb:/usb-loader directory. I do not have a config.txt in my usb:/apps/USBLoader_cfg directory. Should I put it there too? The sample config in there says it just overrides the other so doesn't appear to be necessary. The sample config does show the line "covers = 1" though, which is NOT in my real config. Do I need that line to turn covers on?

here's all that's in my config.

# USBLoader config
# lines starting with # are comments
# see README-CFG.txt for help on options

# theme
theme = stripes

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

# language related options:
# translation = XX
# db_language = XX

# this is required for asian languages:
# load_unifont = 1
music = usb:/usb-loader/music
unlock_password = AAAA
disable_remove = 1
disable_format = 1
admin_unlock = 1
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full

ntfs_write = 1
fat_split_size = 0

someone please helppppp!!

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok for fun I tried adding covers = 1 to the config.txt inside the usb-loader directory and no change.

please help, I want my covers !
smile.gif

2FastLX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to disable the games scrolling when you aim the remote at the left and right side of the screen? I want the games to only scroll with the directional key. Is this possible?

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2FastLX said:
Is there a way to disable the games scrolling when you aim the remote at the left and right side of the screen? I want the games to only scroll with the directional key. Is this possible?
Choose the flow style... (either via configurator or try pressing up/down on the Wii remote control)

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just for informational purposes, I tried to download the covers from within CFG USB Loader (Wii booted, USB Loader ran) and it starts to download but crashes with an exception error.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot why I can't get covers to work? I really want it to look nice. Screenfuls of NO IMAGE is ugly
smile.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
MBison said:
Aigh.. can someone please help me. I'm having the hardest time getting my covers to show up. I first tried just downloading the massive zip of all of them, and they didn't show up on CFG Loader so then I tried to have the CFG Loader Config.exe program do it, and it downloaded them but they still don't show up in the loader. I just get the NO IMAGE graphic for all of them.Have you tried checking if the images are valid files? In a pc, for example?

MBison said:
My config.txt is in my usb:/usb-loader directory. I do not have a config.txt in my usb:/apps/USBLoader_cfg directory. Should I put it there too? The sample config in there says it just overrides the other so doesn't appear to be necessary. The sample config does show the line "covers = 1" though, which is NOT in my real config. Do I need that line to turn covers on?In my config.txt, related to covers, I also have:
cover_style = 3d
wcovers_size = 146,248

I'm not sure if that's required, but give it a shot!

QUOTE(MBison @ Feb 3 2011, 03:59 AM)
here's all that's in my config.

# USBLoader config

# theme
theme = stripes

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

# translation = XX
# db_language = XX

# load_unifont = 1
unlock_password = AAAA
disable_remove = 1
disable_format = 1
admin_unlock = 1
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full

ntfs_write = 1
fat_split_size = 0

someone please helppppp!!
We're trying to...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
You're right, I had de-activated the WiiConnect24 standby and that made the Power button in the wiimote to work as Shutdown instead of Standby (as it did before)...
QUOTE(pplucky @ Jan 13 2011, 10:22 AM) Hey.
One really helpful functionality I think it would be great, would be the possibility of shutting down the Wii from a configurable button (as it is possible from the HBC "Home" menu) --> like for other existing in tab 'Theme Options 3' in the Configurator (for example, reboot)...
When you choose to shutdown the Wii, in USBLoader GX it shows a screen asking if you want to Full Shutdown or just standby. Couldn't those 2 options just be added to be assigned to buttons (regardless of which Standby setting you have)?

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding pplucky.

Ok, a google search seems to have told me that the COVERS need to be on a FAT32 drive, they can't come from NTFS, even though the Wii games can load from there.

So, I moved them over to the SD card and changed the config.txt as follows:

covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers

and changed all the others

covers_path_2d = sd:/usb-loader/covers/2d
covers_path_3d = sd:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = sd:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = sd:/usb-loader/covers/full

since I figured that should work. I put the covers in the sd card in the usb-loader/covers directory as well as the 2d directory. I had no style listed so I assume it would pull from the covers or the covers/2d directory only.

no dice.

so I am stumped.

Is there a reason they wouldn't load from my sd card? I did a properties on the SD card in Windows and it say the file system was "FAT" ... should that be FAT32 only? is that why?

here is my CFG Loader config now. Why can't I get covers working?

I still haven't put this config anywhere else, should I put it somewhere else also (such as on the SD card under apps (I'd have to make the directory for USB Loader cause there isn't one) or in the apps directory on the USB drive? aie. help.

# USBLoader config

# theme
theme = stripes

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

# translation = XX
# db_language = XX

# load_unifont = 1
unlock_password = AAAA
disable_remove = 1
disable_format = 1
admin_unlock = 1
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = sd:/usb-loader/covers/
covers_path_3d = sd:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = sd:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = sd:/usb-loader/covers/full

ntfs_write = 1
fat_split_size = 0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1