Hacking Configurable USB Loader

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
tueidj said:
Unfortunately that's completely irrelevant since the cIOSes all have their own USB storage code instead of using libogc.
Well... If I am not mistaken, I think that depends whether the problem we want to fix occurs before loading a game (uses libogc) or after loading a game (uses cIOS)!
rolleyes.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XICO2KX said:
Well... If I am not mistaken, I think that depends whether the problem we want to fix occurs before loading a game (uses libogc) or after loading a game (uses cIOS)!
rolleyes.gif
The loaders always use the cios and custom usbstorage routines not libogc usbstorage.
At least CFG does and others did too last time i checked, but i think some attempts were made by miigotu (wiiflow) and maybe dimok (gx), to use regular ios58 for loader but a cios for game launching, I'm not sure how far that went.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I've re-uploaded the forwarder v8, it's now using the latest libs, it seems like this is fixing the start for some people.

lionedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys

My unit with 4.0u is only working with hd's of 250gb or smaller nothing over 250gb loads after selecting the game, tried running many releases of (cfg usb loader) all the up to 65a.

320gb seagate sata, no go
500gb seagate sata, no go
all my games show up on both units, but the system wont go past the ios249 as soon as i hit A to load game.

But will work on
250gb hitachi sata
250gb wd sata
120gb wd sata

any ideas or links
Ive been reading for days, there is so much out there that I am now just mush, i'm in data overload...

Thanks

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
lionedas said:
Hey guys

My unit with 4.0u is only working with hd's of 250gb or smaller nothing over 250gb loads after selecting the game, tried running many releases of (cfg usb loader) all the up to 65a.

all my games show up on both units, but the system wont go past the ios249 as soon as i hit A to load game.

500gb seagate works well on my wii. i suggest you to change your cios to cios249 base 57 v19 or v21

lionedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jordan_ch said:
lionedas said:
Hey guys

500gb seagate works well on my wii. i suggest you to change your cios to cios249 base 57 v19 or v21

Same thing with cios249 base 57 v19, cant seem to find v21 though, any links.

Thanks for your help !

Lionedas

lionedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys

v19 froze at ios249 after hitting A to play game, like my previous version
v21 didn't even see the hard drive.

Is the Seagate your using 500gb sata 2 ?

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys,

just to inform that last night I installed v65a and it crashed always when I was downloading CoD:B.O. leaderboards in zombie mode.

After rolling back and installing v64 is never happened again...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
camurso_ said:
Hi guys,
just to inform that last night I installed v65a and it crashed always when I was downloading CoD:B.O. leaderboards in zombie mode.
That's very odd, there were no changes related to game loading from v 64 to 65a.
Maybe it was a bad download or a random bug in the game...
Can you try again to re-confirm?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lionedas said:
Thanks guys

Is a cios problem. I had it with my seagate too. In this case I just use cios222 or rev21 with a different base than 58.

lionedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
lionedas said:
Thanks guys

Is a cios problem. I had it with my seagate too. In this case I just use cios222 or rev21 with a different base than 58.

Thanks brother that was it, I loaded cios222 and everything working great now!

Thanks again.....

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
netspy said:
x4mer said:
In the rev20 has lags thread http://gbatemp.net/t263019-waninkoko-s-cio...with-ios56-base, and the rev21 released thread http://gbatemp.net/t271050-custom-iosx-rev21-released?, people are discussing problems with lag and controller dropouts using Wanin rev20 or higher with any base.
The quickest way to test it, is with the Wario Shake It game. Load the game to the screen where you select your save game, and just let it sit there. The hard drive will blink every 8-10 secs. This HDD activity will be synchronous with a message flashing onscreen for an instant saying that communication with the remote has been lost. Most games don't show an error, but it causes problems like constantly missed notes (every 10 secs) in RB3.

QUOTE(oggzee @ Jan 18 2011, 03:53 PM) I have checked waninkoko ehci module (USB2 driver)
And it has a "watchdog" that reads from the hdd every 10 seconds, I believe this is intended to keep the hdd from going to sleep.
Maybe I'm a bit off-topic, but do you think it could be a good reason for the controller lag problem ? Thanks in advance for your answer.
You're right that is probably the reason.
I agree with you and here are my considerations.
Waninkoko cios rev20 and rev21 have lag with any base because of the watchdog reading every 10 seconds.
I can clearly see my drive led blinking (hdd activity) and simultaneously the controller lag appears.

However I've noticed rev19 has the same led behavior every 10 seconds but now the controller doesn't lag anymore.

So oggzee can you please check waninkoko ehci module in rev19 and try to see where is the difference causing the problem?

I know waninkoko is very busy with ps3 but If you understand where the problem is maybe he will release a new rev22 without lag issue and we can finally have a working base 56 which seems to be the most compatible one for games.

Sorry for my broken english... I do my best.
happy.gif

Cheers

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
camurso_ said:
Hi guys,
That's very odd, there were no changes related to game loading from v 64 to 65a.
Maybe it was a bad download or a random bug in the game...
Can you try again to re-confirm?

No problem.
This weekend I will do that. But it was, indeed, odd.
It happened after the game was loaded, I mean, only happened while waitinng for other players in my lobby and, while waiting, I was checking my position in leaderboard.
It happened both times I tried that.

cee43ja1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
throwing my input in about this great usb loader and cIOSX_rev21

i've tested cIOSX_rev21 with base 58 on IOS248 and IOS249 on v63 and up.

i was looking forward to using base 58 on IOS249 because of the native USB2.0, but it broke gameplay, especially with SSBB. i would be able to go to the menu, but all of a sudden it would green screen and say "insert SSBB disc". not sure if it's cIOSX or configurable that's causing the problem.

now trying SSBB with base 58 on IOS248, it played without a hitch.

so far, cIOSX_rev21 with base 57 on IOS249 has always played nice with configurable usb loader. any game that i threw at that always played. metroid: other m, goldeneye 007, even import games. the only one that would lag on IOS249 regardless was MHTri. but switching that to IOS250 with base 56 fixed that, and i can use wiispeak with no problems.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
davebaol said:
However I've noticed rev19 has the same led behavior every 10 seconds but now the controller doesn't lag anymore.
So oggzee can you please check waninkoko ehci module in rev19 and try to see where is the difference causing the problem?
I know waninkoko is very busy with ps3 but If you understand where the problem is maybe he will release a new rev22 without lag issue and we can finally have a working base 56 which seems to be the most compatible one for games.
What difference does it make if I check it out or not?
It depends on waninkoko anyway, so ask him.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@davebaol
u could try the following test... i'm not sure if it will work though... I've never tried mixing modules from different cIOS revs before...

anyways, u could replace the ehci module for cIOS249v21[56] with the one from rev19. Just unpack both wads, replace the ehci module and repack it.

if it helps, the md5 of the ehci module from rev 21 is 740A4DCEC62FB617F3146489A76EDBF5
and the md5 of the ehci module from rev19 is 8E322755D68E56E0445976A508A77F04

You can find both of those modules in the "modules" folder included with ModMii... so I guess that means u wouldn't need to unpack the rev19 wad to get the module u need, just grab it from modmii and rename it to w/e the rev21 module is named after u unpack it (ie. 00000012.app)

even though I'm not sure what the outcome of this test will be, I'm sure its safe since it will only be touching your cIOS249 which isn't used by any core wii functions... so if it doesn't work, just reinstall your current 249. But of course, make sure u have brick protection in place first just in case (better safe than sorry!)

edit:
@davebaol, I'll PM u with more info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY