Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Ato Puro said:
I found it strange that I was going with 1 plus a path. I'll try that. Also, I didn't know CFG is case-sensitive. That might be the problem as I've used capital letters. I did run Configurator, but it just messed the theme. Anyway, for some reason covers show up now from USB. That's good enough. I just wonder about the SSBB install problem. No dual layer disc can be installed?

Thanks for the response. The comment on config.txt, music path, capital letters, etc. might solve most, if not all, of the problems. Big thanks.
grog.gif
Perhaps one of the covers that used to be on the USB was corrupted. And yes, having config.txt in the apps directory on the SD will make that the base directory and stuff up some stuff.

On dual layer discs, you shouldn't have a problem if your IOS249 is up to date. Certain older versions (rev14 and rev16 in particular) would make corrupt installs of dual layer games.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v61b6 (beta)
cfg61b6.dol
cfg61b6-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v61b6 (beta)
* back to libogc 1.8.5 with CODBO fix (USB deinit, thanks to tueidj)

This might also have some other effect, maybe it could solve the wiimote sync problem or maybe not, let me know if it does...

edit: Also some confirmation if codbo works for others would be nice.
By works I mean works without having to do the ios reload trick, that is having ios 249 with base 57 and the same ios used for codbo.
CODBO works fine for me as long as you load the game with an IOS with base 57. (I have CFG using ios 249 with base 56.)

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v61b6 (beta)
By works I mean works without having to do the ios reload trick, that is having ios 249 with base 57 and the same ios used for codbo.

black ops still doesnt work for me .. maybe its my base.

im using ios249 (r20) base: ios56 rev20
all my other games still works though.

creamsugar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Dr. Clipper said:
creamsugar said:
Feature request:

Can you add this fix in next build? thanks.

http://gbatemp.net/t266029-donkey-kong-cou...t&p=3280997
Have you tried several of the other techniques for getting PAL games working on Japanese Wiis? E.g., the language, vidtv and country_patch options? In any case, you can use external SD alternate .dol loading to perform what is done there already in Cfg.

Yes, I tried all the options related force game language and not work, and use alt dol will cause loader reboot.
Maybe nintendo put something new in DK returns, please investigate, thanks.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I registered here to report a bug on conf. USB Loader. I hope this is the correct forum.
Starting with v61b1, no USB-Loader version works on my Wii. v60 runs without issues and if I replace the new .dol files with the backupped ones, everything works again.
The issue that occurs to me is that the USB Loader seems to be stuck on the title screen forever.

I'm using a 2TB NTFS formatted Western Digital HDD and I have configured USB Loader to access it directly (i.e. it's not asking for the device on startup).
Please contact me if I can help to trace and solve that issue in any way.

PS: 61b6 doesn't work EITHER - don't know if that CODBO fix was addressing that issue but I wanted to let you know, just in case
smile.gif

PPS: I'm launching it via forwarder channel if that's interesting to you.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v61b6 (beta)
cfg61b6.dol
cfg61b6-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v61b6 (beta)
* back to libogc 1.8.5 with CODBO fix (USB deinit, thanks to tueidj)

This might also have some other effect, maybe it could solve the wiimote sync problem or maybe not, let me know if it does...

I am on the latest beta above and CFG Loader is booting on 222, CODBO is set to start using 250 [57] and still hangs at the press a sto start (in CFG loader). but the "USB deinit," comment made me suspicious, so I turned my USB-HDD off and on again and CODBO started
biggrin.gif
yay!

This makes me think that all this time when I thought it would not work it just needed this workaround (PITA though)
smile.gif

Now why would one game need my HDD restarting and other games work perfectly?

I am going to try this using an older version of CFG Loader booting 249 and will edit this post to report results.
BTW Freecom 400GB Drive Model : PSOAAD.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Starting with v61b1, no USB-Loader version works on my Wii. v60 runs without issues and if I replace the new .dol files with the backupped ones, everything works again.
The issue that occurs to me is that the USB Loader seems to be stuck on the title screen forever.
I'm using a 2TB NTFS formatted Western Digital HDD and I have configured USB Loader to access it directly (i.e. it's not asking for the device on startup).
Please contact me if I can help to trace and solve that issue in any way.
PS: 61b6 doesn't work EITHER - don't know if that CODBO fix was addressing that issue but I wanted to let you know, just in case
smile.gif

PPS: I'm launching it via forwarder channel if that's interesting to you.
Does it work if run from HBC?
Can you make a screenshot of the drive partition table (go to global options / partition) with v60 version.
Can you enable debug (in meta.xml or use 61t3) and make a screenshot to see where exactly it hangs

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MadBob said:
I am on the latest beta above and CFG Loader is booting on 222, CODBO is set to start using 250 [57] and still hangs at the press a sto start (in CFG loader). but the "USB deinit," comment made me suspicious, so I turned my USB-HDD off and on again and CODBO started
biggrin.gif
yay!
This makes me think that all this time when I thought it would not work it just needed this workaround (PITA though)
smile.gif

I am going to try this using an older version of CFG Loader booting 249 and will edit this post to report results.
My guess is waninkoko cios is having issues with your drive.
How come you use the -222 version?
What happens if you use the normal version that uses ios 249?
(but still setting codbo to 250[57] unless 249 is already base 57)
What base is 249?
btw, note that 250 is overwritten each time you install a cios, so you can use slots 247 and 248 too if you need to have a separate cios with a specific base...

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
MadBob said:
biggrin.gif
yay!
smile.gif

What base is 249?
btw, note that 250 is overwritten each time you install a cios, so you can use slots 247 and 248 too if you need to have a separate cios with a specific base...

I used 222 out of sheer desperation, I have tried 249 r17 (this seems most stable for me) 249 [57] r20, and god knows how many other combinations. only needed to alter to cope with CODBO, I have tried lots of combinations and they all did the same thing, hung either at the black Loading .... screen, or before actually leaving your CFG menu, this can be resolved by switching off on which is strange. I will run the verbose debug version and let you know the results. but 249[57] r20 doesn't even boot my HDD. whereas 249[36?] r17 at least lets me play all other games.

EDIT:
Can't be much help as no idea how to enable debug in meta.xml and 61t3 doesn't load my USB HDD at all. tried enabling debug using configurator but that does nothing I can see.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
MadBob said:
oggzee said:
MadBob said:
biggrin.gif
yay!
smile.gif

What base is 249?

I used 222 out of sheer desperation, I have tried 249 r17 (this seems most stable for me) 249 [57] r20, and god knows how many other combinations. only needed to alter to cope with CODBO, I have tried lots of combinations and they all did the same thing, hung either at the black Loading .... screen, or before actually leaving your CFG menu, this can be resolved by switching off on which is strange. I will run the verbose debug version and let you know the results. but 249[57] r20 doesn't even boot my HDD. whereas 249[36?] r17 at least lets me play all other games.

EDIT:
Can't be much help as no idea how to enable debug in meta.xml and 61t3 doesn't load my USB HDD at all. tried enabling debug using configurator but that does nothing I can see.

It's easy to configure (enable debug mode) the config files with the configurator for configurable usb loader (link to forum post)

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Does it work if run from HBC?
Can you make a screenshot of the drive partition table (go to global options / partition) with v60 version.
Can you enable debug (in meta.xml or use 61t3) and make a screenshot to see where exactly it hangs
Thx for your response. I've got a lot to report even though I'm feeling a bit dumb, now, too.
First of all: USB Loader DOES start (both via forwarder and HBC) but it takes very long (way over 1 minute compared to just some seconds with v60).

I tried 61t3 first (btw. it would be a good thing to link all versions and especially debug versions to the first post).
It took quite long but as there was steady output on the screen, I stayed patient... eventually it booted but all settings seemed to be lost. I chose my USB drive and my games were recognized correctly. I tried to perform an update and my Wii crashed with a code dump.
I then replaced the .dol with the v60 one and restarted the loader. It started immediately and all my settings and themes were found again. I performed an update to v61b6 (without crash
wink.gif
) and tried again.
v61b6 took about 2mins. to boot and the result was the same as with 61t3: all settings and themes are gone, performing an update crashed the Wii.

It seems that the settings aren't correctly read from my SD card or my SD card isn't recognized at all (can that actually happen if the loader is STARTED from SD!?).

FIY my SD card is 2GB in size (FUJIFILM) and my partition layout is as follows:
P#1 1863.01 NTFS1 ntfs:[USED]
P#2 0.00 UNUSED
P#3 0.00 UNUSED
P#4 0.00 UNUSED

PS: on a sidenote: where can I enable the debug mode in meta.xml?

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
MadBob said:
EDIT:

It's easy to configure (enable debug mode) the config files with the configurator for configurable usb loader (link to forum post)

Just trying it again to see what I did wrong.

OK I loaded using debug, I have 249[37?] r17 (tried 249 [57] r20 and it keeps hanging which was why I used 222 previously), and 250[57] r20 and CODBO hangs when loading with 250.

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dr. Clipper, I'm having an issue with v61 of the Configurator. When I set the intro and click write meta.xml everything thing seems fine, but when I try to read that same meta it gives me the error "invalid option on line 49 (unknown option)". I've tried setting various other options without setting the intro and all the ones I've tried can be read just fine, but as soon as I try to set the intro it gives me the error. Any ideas on what could be causing this, thanks in advance.

jonesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an NTFS setup working very well for me, and I was hoping to configure a few more options when ripping games: the ability to NOT split the file (2GB and 4GB are available in the Configurator) and the ability to turn off TXT file generation. Can those options yet be specified?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MadBob said:
EDIT:
Well, if waninkoko cios doesn't support your drive there's little I can do to help.

QUOTE(MadBob @ Nov 26 2010, 08:36 PM) Just trying it again to see what I did wrong.
OK I loaded using debug, I have 249[37?] r17 (tried 249 [57] r20 and it keeps hanging which was why I used 222 previously), and 250[57] r20 and CODBO hangs when loading with 250.
This is interesting because apparently the hdd is initialized properly and a 1.5TB drive is detected.
However when it tries to load from the drive it hangs...
But still I don't think I can do anything to make it work for you.
Hmm, does it work with any other loader using the waninkoko cios (from USB)? (i guess not?)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Thx for your response. I've got a lot to report even though I'm feeling a bit dumb, now, too.
First of all: USB Loader DOES start (both via forwarder and HBC) but it takes very long (way over 1 minute compared to just some seconds with v60).

I tried 61t3 first (btw. it would be a good thing to link all versions and especially debug versions to the first post).
It took quite long but as there was steady output on the screen, I stayed patient... eventually it booted but all settings seemed to be lost. I chose my USB drive and my games were recognized correctly. I tried to perform an update and my Wii crashed with a code dump.
I then replaced the .dol with the v60 one and restarted the loader. It started immediately and all my settings and themes were found again. I performed an update to v61b6 (without crash
wink.gif
) and tried again.
v61b6 took about 2mins. to boot and the result was the same as with 61t3: all settings and themes are gone, performing an update crashed the Wii.

It seems that the settings aren't correctly read from my SD card or my SD card isn't recognized at all (can that actually happen if the loader is STARTED from SD!?).

FIY my SD card is 2GB in size (FUJIFILM) and my partition layout is as follows:
P#1 1863.01 NTFS1 ntfs:[USED]
P#2 0.00 UNUSED
P#3 0.00 UNUSED
P#4 0.00 UNUSED

PS: on a sidenote: where can I enable the debug mode in meta.xml?

Wait, your SD card is formatted in NTFS? How come you're not using FAT? Can you load stuff from SD using HBC? I take it you can't since it doesn't support NTFS...

No wait a minute, the size reported is in GB so that means that's 1.8 TB meaning the partition table you have written down is from the USB HDD not of the SD card!? Do this: using v60 go to global options, select device -> SD and then go to select partition, and write down the table or best: make a screenshot...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
.44 Magnum said:
@Dr. Clipper, I'm having an issue with v61 of the Configurator. When I set the intro and click write meta.xml everything thing seems fine, but when I try to read that same meta it gives me the error "invalid option on line 49 (unknown option)". I've tried setting various other options without setting the intro and all the ones I've tried can be read just fine, but as soon as I try to set the intro it gives me the error. Any ideas on what could be causing this, thanks in advance.
It's my fault. I forgot to add support for reading the intro option. I'll release a new version very soon that fixes that problem.

QUOTE(jonesh @ Nov 27 2010, 07:44 AM) I've got an NTFS setup working very well for me, and I was hoping to configure a few more options when ripping games: the ability to NOT split the file (2GB and 4GB are available in the Configurator) and the ability to turn off TXT file generation. Can those options yet be specified?
Hmm... I thought we already had added this option, but I guess it got forgotten. It was meant to be fat_split_size=0. It'll probably be in by the release of v61. As for configuring text file generation, we'll consider it.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
Ato Puro said:
I found it strange that I was going with 1 plus a path. I'll try that. Also, I didn't know CFG is case-sensitive. That might be the problem as I've used capital letters. I did run Configurator, but it just messed the theme. Anyway, for some reason covers show up now from USB. That's good enough. I just wonder about the SSBB install problem. No dual layer disc can be installed?

Thanks for the response. The comment on config.txt, music path, capital letters, etc. might solve most, if not all, of the problems. Big thanks.
grog.gif
Perhaps one of the covers that used to be on the USB was corrupted. And yes, having config.txt in the apps directory on the SD will make that the base directory and stuff up some stuff.

On dual layer discs, you shouldn't have a problem if your IOS249 is up to date. Certain older versions (rev14 and rev16 in particular) would make corrupt installs of dual layer games.

I updated to 61b6, made all the changes you told me (no 1 after music path, lower cases etc.) and it's working great now. Just one problem left: the dual layer thing. I've tried to install SSBB again and again but I keep getting "ERROR ret = -2" or something like that (I just turned the Wii off and preparing to go to bet...). Then if I choose to download cover, I get invalid game ID. Then I'm left with the "Eject DVD" and "Return" options. Yes, it's an original disc, I can play it from the disc channel (no scratches or anything like that) but my Wii drive's been making louder and louder noises, that's why I've been using USB Loader. Any idea regarding this install problem?

Once again, thanks a lot regarding everything else.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's my issue:

Was running v60-222 release of cfg-usb loader. after freshly rehacking my Wii using ModWii 4.3.5, I was finally able to get to play Goldeneye.

However, just now I wanted to start it up and play again, except... I can't. Let me explain. It loads the game fine, and the various boot screens start up, but once the game is running, it won't respond to the controller - at all. Neither the Wii remote nor the Classic Controller will get any response from it. I can press the Home button and get that screen, but the game itself refuses to respond to any buttons.

Needless to say, this is quite frustrating. I've also since tried updating to v61b6-222, and even that has refused to load the game for me. This is all the more frustrating because I don't remember changing any settings after the initial re-mod to get the game working right.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone