Hacking Configurable USB Loader

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
due the hard drive? but the covers and everything is running from the SD :S
only the games are being loaded from the USB drive... isnt kinda weird he cant write onto the SD?

btw i dont see that "Cfg Base" on neither global options pages

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
ferjero989 said:
i been having an issue (well today is the second time)
the cg loader suddenly wont see the covers... so i go "update covers" and he will show "etc etc unable to create sd:/usbloader/etcetc
the first time.. i just took the SD out and put it on the pc thinking it might be bad on me or something.. but it was working.. i put it back and nothin happened.. the cfg loader was able to see everything

today it happened again.. before i do the same procedure (Taking it out.. test on PC, put back) is there somethiing i should check or change or update or something=?
This tends to indicate that the base directory is not being detected correctly. This could be due to your hard drive taking a while to wake up or several other factors (many forwarder related). If it happens again, check what Cfg lists as "Cfg Base" on the global options page.

SickPuppy said:
Yea, there is a menu when I press "-", but I never knew that until now. I know of the confirmation, but just didn't want to go that far.

But when I insert my Splinter Cell backup, it wants to boot the version I have on my HDD (which don't work from HDD) instead of booting my backup disc. hmm. I guess removing the ISo from the HDD would be in order, but still don't explain why when I select boot from disc, it actually boots from HDD.
Make sure you pick "boot disc" and not "boot game". It should then boot from the disc. You can also assign the boot disc action to a button if you like. An example is "button_- = boot_disc" which would make the - button take you straight to the confirmation page for booting the disc.

QUOTE(dgwillia @ Apr 24 2010, 10:21 AM)
Any resolution for the Freezing of Monster Hunter on Menu's (If your inactive too long, or stay on one for more than 10ish seconds), or the freezing that happens on the loading screen right before starting a 4 Player Quest?

Using 222/223 V5, tried every option i could think of and still got it. Time to downgrade to V4?
Use a v4 version of 38 merged with 37.

Okay, so sorry for asking the same question again (I dont want to brick myself

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Dr. Clipper said:
ferjero989 said:
i been having an issue (well today is the second time)
the cg loader suddenly wont see the covers... so i go "update covers" and he will show "etc etc unable to create sd:/usbloader/etcetc
the first time.. i just took the SD out and put it on the pc thinking it might be bad on me or something.. but it was working.. i put it back and nothin happened.. the cfg loader was able to see everything

today it happened again.. before i do the same procedure (Taking it out.. test on PC, put back) is there somethiing i should check or change or update or something=?
This tends to indicate that the base directory is not being detected correctly. This could be due to your hard drive taking a while to wake up or several other factors (many forwarder related). If it happens again, check what Cfg lists as "Cfg Base" on the global options page.

SickPuppy said:
Yea, there is a menu when I press "-", but I never knew that until now. I know of the confirmation, but just didn't want to go that far.

But when I insert my Splinter Cell backup, it wants to boot the version I have on my HDD (which don't work from HDD) instead of booting my backup disc. hmm. I guess removing the ISo from the HDD would be in order, but still don't explain why when I select boot from disc, it actually boots from HDD.
Make sure you pick "boot disc" and not "boot game". It should then boot from the disc. You can also assign the boot disc action to a button if you like. An example is "button_- = boot_disc" which would make the - button take you straight to the confirmation page for booting the disc.

QUOTE(dgwillia @ Apr 24 2010, 10:21 AM)
Any resolution for the Freezing of Monster Hunter on Menu's (If your inactive too long, or stay on one for more than 10ish seconds), or the freezing that happens on the loading screen right before starting a 4 Player Quest?

Using 222/223 V5, tried every option i could think of and still got it. Time to downgrade to V4?
Use a v4 version of 38 merged with 37.

Okay, so sorry for asking the same question again (I dont want to brick myself

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay thanks, was just making sure there werent any extra steps like having to do anything extra aside from just installing

Should i do both just to be safe? Or is 223 confirmed working 100%, someone in another topic mentioned 222 worked for him

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
But when I insert my Splinter Cell backup, it wants to boot the version I have on my HDD (which don't work from HDD).

QUOTE(DGenerateKane @ Apr 23 2010, 07:35 PM) Splinter Cell doesn't work on usb loaders yet.

I know that, but my question was why the loader boots the ISO that's on the HDD instead of the backup disc I inserted, I clearly stated I was trying to boot a backup disc.

spike0918

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
It's already compatible. Choose an IOS that includes IOS37 to run it (249rev19base37, 222/223v4base38+37 or 223/224v5base37) and you should be good.
I'm sorry but this doesn't work for me. I have IOS 249 rev19 base 37 (4.2U Wii). But I still get a black screen with a buzz whenever I load it from my USB drive. I would really appreciate if you could help me to get Monster Hunter Tri to work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
Ah okay thanks, was just making sure there werent any extra steps like having to do anything extra aside from just installing

Should i do both just to be safe? Or is 223 confirmed working 100%, someone in another topic mentioned 222 worked for him
222 and 223 are exactly the same thing. There are just two slots so you can experiment with multiple installation types. It truly doesn't matter which slot you use, but make sure you do choose 38 merged with 37 for the base IOS.

SickPuppy said:
I know that, but my question was why the loader boots the ISO that's on the HDD instead of the backup disc I inserted, I clearly stated I was trying to boot a backup disc.
Are you using the latest version of Cfg? I think I can remember a time when it did that, but it doesn't any more. I have booted discs that I already have installed on multiple occasions. See my earlier post for some suggestions on getting the option working.

QUOTE(spike0918 @ Apr 24 2010, 01:10 PM)
I'm sorry but this doesn't work for me. I have IOS 249 rev19 base 37 (4.2U Wii). But I still get a black screen with a buzz whenever I load it from my USB drive. I would really appreciate if you could help me to get Monster Hunter Tri to work.
Did you install the game yourself? If so, perhaps you just have a problem with incompatibility and should use Hermes' IOS instead.

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
after playing with it.. i tried another SD.. and it worked..
so i guess the loader has problems with big cards.. im thinking on using FAT32 and leaving the covers there.. but nah.. im gonna stick with nfts till its writtable
so far is working fine on a 2gb card

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there a way to edit the intro (GreyMatter thing)? I don't like it very much and I'm known as a perfectionist xD

I've looked at the source trunk and saw intro4 in the data folder. Is it ok to edit it and then compile?

Edit:
Nvm, I'll just leave it, I'm too lazy
smile.gif

diegom_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! i want to ask for someone who can help me: i had a usb hardrive imation apollo 250gb. The problem is that when i start confg usb loader and it starts to detect harddrive ( the hardrive is previusly connected before start usb loader ) it suddenly blocks on "......OK" and that's it. i have to reset my wii and start usb loader without the hardrive connected and when is checking, then i connect the hardrive and works fine! but i have to plug, and unplug the hardrive every time i want to play a game. Please Help!
Thank you very much!

spike0918

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
spike0918 said:
Did you install the game yourself? If so, perhaps you just have a problem with incompatibility and should use Hermes' IOS instead.
I did try that, is there a certain merge I need to use or should I just use it without merging it at all? Thanks for the quick response.

Also what do you mean by installing the game myself?

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
spike0918 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
spike0918 said:
I did try that, is there a certain merge I need to use or should I just use it without merging it at all? Thanks for the quick response.

I had same problem, try changing the game options, so it uses cIOS 223 to run the game.
What USB Loader?

chrebet808

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having a bit of a problem getting this to work.

ive got all the files i need, or at least i think i do. i can launch the homebrew channel no problem, i can even use the homebrew apps and stuff. but when i pick USBLoader, my wii remote turns off when it loads up to the main screen and nothing i can do will make it turn back on. im not sure what the problem is and none of my searching around the internet has helped me at all. has anyone had this problem or is anyone familiar with it and how i can fix it? thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
MrDiesel said:
Is there a way to edit the intro (GreyMatter thing)? I don't like it very much and I'm known as a perfectionist xD

I've looked at the source trunk and saw intro4 in the data folder. Is it ok to edit it and then compile?

Edit:
Nvm, I'll just leave it, I'm too lazy
smile.gif

If you ever do want to do it, then yes. The files there are just .png images with the extension removed. Replace that file with another of the same name and the correct resolution, then recompile and you will have your customisable splash. Please note that you should use rev 17 of devkitpro and libogc 1.7.1 when compiling Cfg.

spike0918 said:

It has to be merged with 37 as I originally stated. And what I meant to ask was if you ripped the game from your own disc.

QUOTE(chrebet808 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:02 AM)
having a bit of a problem getting this to work.

ive got all the files i need, or at least i think i do. i can launch the homebrew channel no problem, i can even use the homebrew apps and stuff. but when i pick USBLoader, my wii remote turns off when it loads up to the main screen and nothing i can do will make it turn back on. im not sure what the problem is and none of my searching around the internet has helped me at all. has anyone had this problem or is anyone familiar with it and how i can fix it? thanks
You can't have searched much. It sounds very much like you never installed IOS249 nor IOS222/223. Any tutorial for USB Loading will teach you how to do this stuff. Try the one linked in my signature.

chrebet808

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i figured it out myself a bit ago. seems i did indeed miss that part. i was going by the first post in this thread actually and just skipped right over it i guess. thanks the same though

rr20552

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question?

I have been using cfg loader for a while and now.

Can anyone explain how Profile's / Favorites work (i.e how to set them up, move between them etc) as I now have too many games and need to split them up idealy into seperate lists for each of my children.

Any help would be appreciated.

agimann

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
after 11 hours gameplay through fragile forced to ntsc, i dont know original region dump the game freezes on me with a black screen. did anyone here even complete the game?

im running:4.1E rev19 249. hermes 222/223 rev 5 through cfg loader latest.

i really want to complete the game as its really my kind of adventure.

smile.gif
thanks if anyone knows how to do. maybe it`ll pass the cut-scene freezing point with using another loader?

-m

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
bug confirmed in 57a:

the 'wbfs' directory is hard coded to lower case. ie: if you have your files in a 'WBFS' directory then none of your games will be found. No idea how long this has been kicking around.

feature request:

loading wiiware / VC games from USB (already proven to be possible, no other loader supports this as yet (so far as I've been able to find anyways)).

thanks for all the great work and a great loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: