Hacking Configurable USB Loader

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone post a link or send me the two boot screens, the ones from the previous version and the new one? I like them both and wouldn't mind trying to make a theme with them as the backgrounds. Thanks for this great loader, fat loading working perfect with v19...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My effort
biggrin.gif

cfg.png

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random idea!

Could it be possible to add 5 or so intros pics and have a random intro showup on boot.
or would this slow down the startup to much?

@Wiisel, lol
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OtakuGamerZ said:
Random idea!

Could it be possible to add 5 or so intros pics and have a random intro showup on boot.
or would this slow down the startup to much?

@Wiisel, lol
smile.gif
It wouldn't slow things down, but it would waste a lot of memory and file size in the .dols that could be better used for other things.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't want to be harsh, but.. why don't add the intro=0 feature to CFG USB Loader?
If someone don't want the intro, will be good to add that option to take off the intro.
That makes this more configurable.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it didn't matter. Besides you only see it for about 5 seconds.

and @TyRaNtM
by the time "intro=0" would be read to stop the intro, it would be already have been loaded.
boot.dol is faster than config.txt

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
OtakuGamerZ said:

and @TyRaNtM
by the time "intro=0" would be read to stop the intro, it would be already have been loaded.

Maybe can be a option in Global Options to save that options and in the next time using the CFG USB Loader, uses the settings.cfg.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
OtakuGamerZ said:

and @TyRaNtM

Maybe can be a option in Global Options to save that options and in the next time using the CFG USB Loader, uses the settings.cfg.
settings.cfg is read after config.txt.

Just to make it clear, it can't be any file on the SD card and drive. Those are the last things initialised during the boot sequence.

If you want a no intro mode, I strongly suggest closing your eyes for about 3-5 seconds after you push the button to launch Cfg. Instant black screen intro
yay.gif

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
TyRaNtM said:
OtakuGamerZ said:

and @TyRaNtM

settings.cfg is read after config.txt.

Just to make it clear, it can't be any file on the SD card and drive. Those are the last things initialised during the boot sequence.

If you want a no intro mode, I strongly suggest closing your eyes for about 3-5 seconds after you push the button to launch Cfg. Instant black screen intro
yay.gif

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but could you have it as an option passed via the forwarder like the way it's used with Narolez' hybrid for 249/222?

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so since I'm running all my games as .wbfs files on an ntfs partition, what's the best way to install cios rev19? which merges are the best? I'm still running rev14 and figured it's about time to update
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mjfisher said:
Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but could you have it as an option passed via the forwarder like the way it's used with Narolez' hybrid for 249/222?
Technically that's possible, but unfortunately we will not implement that, because we're the devils and we want the intro to be seen. As I said initially, one of the reasons is a technical one (boot sequence) the other reason is simply we want the intro to be shown. You can hate it and that's it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That reminds me of something of some pages back...

xflak40 said:
fyi, newer unofficial version of priiloader have fixed launching an installed file (next official release will also include this fix), so u can still use NForwarder to forward/launch configurable usb loader... which is better than bad uncles file (no disrespect @ bad uncle, his version worked for us when no other version could, but now the original cfg forwarder is working again, so in my opinion, bad uncles file has served its purpose and we can now revert to the original Nforwarder file)
I tried the NForwarder again with the beta'd priiloader (r69, iirc), and sure enough: it works.
I'm just wondering...why would it be better to revert back to the original one?

QUOTE(wulfie @ Mar 11 2010, 08:25 AM) so since I'm running all my games as .wbfs files on an ntfs partition, what's the best way to install cios rev19? which merges are the best? I'm still running rev14 and figured it's about time to update
wink.gif
rev 19 doesn't do merges. It only has different IOS bases.

Anyway...if you don't have music games, this setup is IMO the best one.
If you do, I suggest either cIOS223 v4 (38 merge 37) or cios rev19 with a base of 37.

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
mjfisher said:
Technically that's possible, but unfortunately we will not implement that, because we're the devils and we want the intro to be seen. As I said initially, one of the reasons is a technical one (boot sequence) the other reason is simply we want the intro to be shown. You can hate it and that's it.

Thanks Oggzee. That's actually the best response I've seen to these questions. (If you'd said that earlier it may have saved about 60 people posting similar questions
wink2.gif
) Personally I like the new logo better than the original one - but that's just my opinion.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
schooluser said:
I second this, but it would be just as easy if I had a wii text editor that could load text files from usb drive, or if the loader had a text editor in it for manually editing the cfg and other text files.

Would also give me the ability to edit text cheat files that are too big for the loader to display to take out stuff that I don't want.
There are several homebrew text editors on the Wii. There's also Cheat Manager which I think supports the code types you guys are talking about. There's almost certainly some PC based applications for managing the txt files too.

Cheat Manager only opens files from sd card, and the limit is 64kb, but I get your point, so I'll keep looking for text editors that can open files from usb and handle larger files on the wii(Not looking for notepad on PC, wanting to do it all in the wii so it is not necessary to depend on PC).

Edit:

Just a thought, since the loader can load channels, maybe I can find a forwarder channel and set it to one of the text editors dol files, and tell it to use an ios that supports usb, and points to a dol file on the usb drive, maybe because it starts from usb it will default to editing text files on the usb?

Biengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
schooluser said:
Cheat Manager only opens files from sd card, and the limit is 64kb, but I get your point, so I'll keep looking for text editors that can open files from usb and handle larger files on the wii(Not looking for notepad on PC, wanting to do it all in the wii so it is not necessary to depend on PC).
Wouldn't Wiixplorer fill those needs ?

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biengo said:
schooluser said:
Wouldn't Wiixplorer fill those needs ?
It appears Wiixplorer now has a text file editor in it. I hope this version works with my wii as the older ones a while back locked up or gave code dumps.

If so, and if it can load text files greater than 100k, then i'm set
smile.gif

Thanks

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got started with using a USB loader and chose Configurable USB loader. It's been great except one small thing. After I turn on the Wii after it's been off awhile and I run it, it goes to a screen that says "no wbns partition found". If I exit out and go right back into it, it loads right up. I have the drive formatted with FAT32. I also have the usb-loader directory at the root on both the SD card and the USB drive, but only have the config.txt on the USB drive. If I put the config.txt back on the SD card as well, then it loops the "no wbns partition found message".

I'm using version 53 of Configurable USB Loader. I tried updating to 55 through the "check for updates" option. It seemed to install, but when I ran it, it would go to a completely black screen and freeze, so I copied 53 back to the card and the drive.

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wulfie said:
so since I'm running all my games as .wbfs files on an ntfs partition, what's the best way to install cios rev19? which merges are the best? I'm still running rev14 and figured it's about time to update
wink.gif

If you do, I suggest either cIOS223 v4 (38 merge 37) or cios rev19 with a base of 37.

so if I have music games, such as guitar hero, I can just install rev19 with base of 37 and I'll be good?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wulfie said:
wulfie said:
wink.gif

so if I have music games, such as guitar hero, I can just install rev19 with base of 37 and I'll be good?
Personally I use rev19 base 57 for all games except music games because of the slightly faster USB loading. It actually is noticeable if you compare a game that scrolls some sore of "Loading...". For all my music games I've stuck with hermes v4 38+37. But since I have DLC for music games I have cIOSCORP 3.6 to run backup DVDs through the disc channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: