Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
I'm writing some code now to convert between the old and new storage conventions for WBFS files. I was wondering, if someone wanted to convert from the new style (folders) back to the old style (file+txt), what should happen to any files inside the folder? It might be necessary for people to do this for compatibility with other loaders or whatever.

One idea would be to store the bca, wip files etc. in folders inside the wbfs folder.

with the old style..
usb:/wbfs/id.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/id_title.txt
usb:/wbfs/bca/id.bca
usb:/wbfs/wip/id.wip
usb:/wbfs/covers/id.png

and with new style, just store any needed files with the .wbfs.
usb:/wbfs/id_title/id.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/id_title/id.bca
usb:/wbfs/id_title/id.png

Have you decided on the final layout for the files? I'd like to know where to put them.
smile.gif

Cheers.

At the moment none of the bca, png, wip or whatever is stored on wbfs/*
All that goes to /usb-loader/... So that is not an issue.
I do not plan to move these files to /wbfs/... any time soon because if you have wbfs partition these files will still need to be in /usb-loader/ so I would have to support 2 different layouts, meaning more work for me
wink.gif

Maybe one day when the majority uses fat, but for now wbfs partitions are still more widely used.
And I agree, it looks natural to group all these files into the per game directories.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
oggzee said:
At the moment none of the bca, png, wip or whatever is stored on wbfs/*
All that goes to /usb-loader/... So that is not an issue.
I do not plan to move these files to /wbfs/... any time soon because if you have wbfs partition these files will still need to be in /usb-loader/ so I would have to support 2 different layouts, meaning more work for me
wink.gif

Maybe one day when the majority uses fat, but for now wbfs partitions are still more widely used.OK, so there should be nothing inside the folder except the .wbfs files.
QUOTEAnd I agree, it looks natural to group all these files into the per game directories.
Just don't get any crazy ideas about implementing it tonight, LOL.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laurozza said:
So if we all became cheerleaders, New Super Mario Bros. Wii will play without patch?

I had no problem with the ISO of New Super Mario Bros. Wii that I had.

It played fine first shot.

I can't remember off the top of my head if is was NTSC or PAL.

(Just Checked when I got home and it is PAL)

I haven't (and probably won't) try Avatar. I head it was not that great.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
OK, so there should be nothing inside the folder except the .wbfs files.
Well, the informative id_title.txt file is also created there when installing or converting with wbfs_file and using the -d option.
But that file can be safely deleted as it is not used, and with the use of subdirectories there is no real need for it anymore.
Heh I'm sorry to have made so many layout changes... first 2gb split files then 4gb splits then directories... but hey, it's evolving...
wink.gif

fig2k4 said:
QUOTEAnd I agree, it looks natural to group all these files into the per game directories.
Just don't get any crazy ideas about implementing it tonight, LOL.
I wont
tongue.gif

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Well, the informative id_title.txt file is also created there when installing or converting with wbfs_file and using the -d option.
But that file can be safely deleted as it is not used, and with the use of subdirectories there is no real need for it anymore.I think it probably would be best not to have the text file, since the folder name does the same job.
QUOTEHeh I'm sorry to have made so many layout changes... first 2gb split files then 4gb splits then directories... but hey, it's evolving...
wink.gif
I've definitely not complaining, I'll catch up soon.
smile.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
Sacohen9665 said:
I had not problem with the ISO of New Super Mario Bros. Wii that I had.

It played fine first shots.

There's specific code in cfg just so you can play NSMB without issues.
wink.gif

I figured that, but then why are so many people saying that they are having issues playing it and Avatar?

Just want to know for my knowledge.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Sacohen9665 said:
usptactical said:
Sacohen9665 said:
I had not problem with the ISO of New Super Mario Bros. Wii that I had.

It played fine first shots.

There's specific code in cfg just so you can play NSMB without issues.
wink.gif

I figured that, but then why are so many people saying that they are having issues playing it and Avatar?

Just want to know for my knowledge.
Probably because they don't have some necessary ios, or use old loaders.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
No, it should support the new HBC (it tries to launch JODI and then HAXX if not found). Not sure why it wouldn't work. However, if you're launching from the HBC, home=exit will get you back there in a better way to home=HBC. And you are in the loader when you push home, right? There is no option or ability to change where games themselves return to.

home= exit worked fine when loading from HBC but still no luck tho after loading from forwarder. I messed with my wii and now use a forwarder with Preloader set to return to Preloader + Autoboot file . Now everything games, HBC and anything that should return to wii menu returns back to the loader and I enter HBC from a forwarder iso all from HDD what else could i want Configurable USB Loader has basically replaced my system menu
smile.gif

QUOTE(Link5084 @ Dec 3 2009, 04:14 AM) By the way, what is some good music I should put on Configurable USB Loader? What do you guys have for the music background?

Darude - Sandstorm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejm6jn9AFA0

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
OncleJulien said:
Burst Cutting Area

laurozza said:
So if we all became cheerleaders, New Super Mario Bros. Wii will play without patch?
are any of you chicks? if so, then yes...if not, then please god no.
We are all old fat men.
cheerleader.jpg

@Wiisel: same problem, if i use COnfigurable from forwarder, the "home = hbc" option doesn't work.

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added the Hybrid loader via the wad package to create a new channel which for the most part works fine....

However, when I click on the channel it says press A for ios222 B for ios 223 and nothing for ios 249

when I go to press start with A, sometimes it comes up and says cannot find wbs do you want to format, and other times it comes up fine, and all my games are listed.... any ideas?

Thanks guys

Also - Is there a way to find out what IOS version are running on your wii. and which is the main one. In Priiloader I have it set in settings to force use of ios249, but in usb loader it only has options for 222 &223...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiztec said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:
Also you can't rip too many discs to the hard drive at once right? I ripped Super Paper Mario first and it was ripping like normal, but when I ripped Muramasa, it ripped slowly.
Super Paper Mario is one of the smallest games on the Wii. It's smaller than Wii Sports, IIRC. Consequently, Muramasa is one of the biggest.

Muramasa is far from being one of the biggest Wii games it's only 630MB And that's only 220MB more than super paper mario which is 410MB furthermore Wii sports is in fact smaller than super paper mario as it's only 330MB

The 2 biggest Wii games are MPT and brawl at 7.45GB & 6.95GB respectively

In short pretty much everything you said was wrong
I admit I made a mistake on Muramasa. My memory had mixed it up with Another Code R, which is surprisingly huge (4.21GB). I had already admitted making that mistake in the thread, BTW.

As for SPM and Wii Sports, what you say may be true for NTSC, or without update partitions, but my PAL Wii Sports is 0.62GB compared to SPM NTSC at 0.46GB. I was not wrong on that point.

QUOTE(hmaidhoff @ Dec 4 2009, 05:04 AM)
I added the Hybrid loader via the wad package to create a new channel which for the most part works fine....

However, when I click on the channel it says press A for ios222 B for ios 223 and nothing for ios 249

when I go to press start with A, sometimes it comes up and says cannot find wbs do you want to format, and other times it comes up fine, and all my games are listed.... any ideas?

Thanks guys
There was a new hybrid posted back on page 384 that did not have that bug of forcing ios249. Try that. Alternatively, us Narolez' forwarder as there is very little need to have the hybrid channel.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
hmaidhoff said:

Thanks guys
There was a new hybrid posted back on page 388 that did not have that bug of forcing ios249. Try that. Alternatively, us Narolez' forwarder as there is very little need to have the hybrid channel.

Damm Clipper you beat me to it.

That was Narolez', but it has been posted on the first post too.

USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder - *new* (by Narolez)
Forwarder DOL and WAD for Configurable USB Loader with passing cIOS arguments: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Damm Clipper you beat me to it.

That was Narolez', but it has been posted on the first post too.

USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder - *new* (by Narolez)
Forwarder DOL and WAD for Configurable USB Loader with passing cIOS arguments: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >
The new ones I was referring to were the ones by pepxl found here (actually page 384, my mistake). pepxl's first one is a forwarder and his second one is a hybrid including v48.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
The new ones I was referring to were the ones by pepxl found here (actually page 384, my mistake). pepxl's first one is a forwarder and his second one is a hybrid including v48.

Yeah he did a nice job on those. I installed them a couple of days ago, but Narolez did revise his so that choosing nothing does not force an ISO and then loads whatever is in the config.txt or what ever the loader calls for, in the case of the new loaders that Oggzee has made call call for cIOS 222.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!