Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
boffo123 said:
Not sure if this just got lost in the discussion, or if there really is no interest in this. Is there some fundamental flaw with the idea? On the surface, this seems like a relatively simple change.

It has been answered already.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2359720
Check that post, the rest of the page and a page before and after for the discussion about that.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
leondmsmith said:
Oggzee - Thanks yet again, you always surpass yourself with each new release even if this is just a game fix. Also many thanks to wiipower for getting the fix =)

Well i only put the fix that was around into my loader and told oggzee about it. Credits should go to hqyhqyhqy. (at least that's what i heard how the guy who found the patch is called)

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
cios_mload_31_fat.zip

source for the ehcmodule_fat
based on cios from uloader 3.1 by hermes
thanks
smile.gif

boffo123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
Check that post, the rest of the page and a page before and after for the discussion about that.
I'm not sure that addresses the same thing. Please excuse my ignorance as I don't know how it works under the hood, but I'm guessing that in order to pass the GAMEID to Disc_SetWBFS, you already have to strip out the .wbfs extension from the filename to get the GAMEID. I'm suggesting (actually, it was originally suggested by 0ld8oy) to strip out everything after the first 6 characters instead.

If it's not that simple, no big deal. The goals I had in mind were:

1) reduce the number of files in the wbfs directory
2) keep it easy to see at a glance the game that each file represents
3) maintain compatibility with the existing filenaming scheme

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
boffo123 said:
oggzee said:
I'm not sure that addresses the same thing. Please excuse my ignorance as I don't know how it works under the hood, but I'm guessing that in order to pass the GAMEID to Disc_SetWBFS, you already have to strip out the .wbfs extension from the filename to get the GAMEID. I'm suggesting (actually, it was originally suggested by 0ld8oy) to strip out everything after the first 6 characters instead.

If it's not that simple, no big deal. The goals I had in mind were:

1) reduce the number of files in the wbfs directory
2) keep it easy to see at a glance the game that each file represents
3) maintain compatibility with the existing file structure

I guess I just have to copy my answer again:
Any change means more complications inside IOS and I want to stay away from that as much as possible.
In my view the current solution is simple and and usable enough.
Maybe someday someone will improve that, but as far as I'm concerned I'm satisfied with it as is.
If someone wants a nicer display or easier management, a gui can always be build on top of that.
In other words, sure it's possible to do it, but i'm not interested, as the change would have to be done in 3 places - the wbfs_tool, loader and IOS and i don't have time for that. In my view it doesn't bring enough of an improvement to waste time on it. But if someone wants to do it and sends me the required changes i might include them.
Besides a gui on top of the current solution already exists - look at the wii backup manager, linked in the first post of this thread. And there is another one built on top of wbfs_file posted a few pages back.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
wbfs_file 1.4
wbfs_file_1.4.zip
Included are binaries for windows, linux and macosx and source.

There are no changes compared to wbfs_file_1.4_win32.zip, except for the addition of the linux and macosx binaries, win32 binary is the same, source the same.

Hello!!!

Could I suggest something??

When convert from wbfs to iso, it generate a 4,5Gb file... Could you trim it? Im sure you know it, its easy to do.

Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
sr_corsario said:
Hello!!!
Could I suggest something??
When convert from wbfs to iso, it generate a 4,5Gb file... Could you trim it? Im sure you know it, its easy to do.
Thanks
Yes that's easy, comment out this line: file_truncate(fileno(f), size); and rebuild. It could also be made as a command line option (for example -t), but I don't find any real usefulness in that, so don't wait for me to do it.

KyZiX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not new to the forum but new to posting. Been using the USBLoader cfg for months now, love it. But with the fat support I wanted to try it with a *.wbfs image on the SD. The loader times out on the selection of SD device (either manual selection or set in the config.txt).
I hope i don't forget anything but if I say the loader works great for the HD, the only difference is that I now have a "wbfs" folder on my SD (formated FAT) and am using the fat version of the dol file. And I made sure I have cios222 installed. Have I missed something simple? Tried with 2 different SD's, FAT and FAT32.
P.S. love the loader, I recommend it to everyone on "another" forum and made a tutorial for my sister miles away to use it also so THANKS!
smile.gif

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Hi, can you tell me what Error -16 is? OpenPartition(0x4280000)

I'm trying to add multiboot disc support to Wii Backup Manager, to copy single games from a multi disc.

I had to change the FixPartitionTable() function to handle the 4 disc partition tables. Everything's working great, except this one game. It's game no. 9, the only one in partition table 4. Games 1 through 8 work fine as well as games from other discs.

I'm hoping that if I find out what the error code means, it'll shed some light on where I'm going wrong.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KyZiX said:
Not new to the forum but new to posting. Been using the USBLoader cfg for months now, love it. But with the fat support I wanted to try it with a *.wbfs image on the SD. The loader times out on the selection of SD device (either manual selection or set in the config.txt).
I hope i don't forget anything but if I say the loader works great for the HD, the only difference is that I now have a "wbfs" folder on my SD (formated FAT) and am using the fat version of the dol file. And I made sure I have cios222 installed. Have I missed something simple? Tried with 2 different SD's, FAT and FAT32.
P.S. love the loader, I recommend it to everyone on "another" forum and made a tutorial for my sister miles away to use it also so THANKS!
smile.gif

FAT WBFS-File Loading doesn´t work from SD Card, only USB.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
Hi, can you tell me what Error -16 is? OpenPartition(0x4280000)

I'm trying to add multiboot disc support to Wii Backup Manager, to copy single games from a multi disc.

I had to change the FixPartitionTable() function to handle the 4 disc partition tables. Everything's working great, except this one game. It's game no. 9, the only one in partition table 4. Games 1 through 8 work fine as well as games from other discs.

I'm hoping that if I find out what the error code means, it'll shed some light on where I'm going wrong.
I don't know, would need to check.
Where do you get this error, in the loader or wbfs_file?

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vattu said:
milcoi said:
does any 1 have need for speed nitro working with the config loader?
my wii hangs when entering carreer.
any settings I should set?
I have it working on my 4.0E. I think I set it to load with ios m222, or whatever it's called.

ty...it's working fine now

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oggzee, many thanks for releasing the code (I know that you should have released it anyway, but I understood your point, which was absolute correct). I only hope for you that you won't regret this...but again, thanks
grog.gif
!

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I don't know, would need to check.
Where do you get this error, in the loader or wbfs_file?

Sorry, it was in the loader.

I found that the error is displayed from Disc_BootPartition(u64 offset) and the 0x4280000 was the disc partition offset. I think that offset is wrong.

I've tested with multiple discs and they all work, even when extracting from a disc with with 9 partitions. I need to find one with more to test too. My first instinct is that the offset is too high because the game is question is very small (100MB) and the end of the disc.

Until I really looked, I thought that FixPartition() actually remapped the partition offsets to move the data to the start of the disc. Maybe I should look into ways to move the partition like that too.

I know it's a lot of hassle for a small game and it wouldn't happen with many multiboot discs, but I'd like it working 100%.

Edit: I just used wbfs_file to convert the .wbfs to .iso which worked fine. I opened the new ISO in WiiScrubber to check the offset and it's as it should be.. 0x104280000

Edit 2: Actually, the offset should be 1091174400. But it seems my code is correct because I can read the ISO and the partition structure looks fine, the size is calculated correctly etc. For all I know, this game (Rig Racers 2) doesn't even work with USB loaders.

mOBSCENE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drizzt007 said:
isn't that soemthing to do with this (CIOS 222/223 with mload by Hermes) not being installed?
I can't find the page where I read it at the moment , but I know I read something about that.
Hermes cIOS v4 is installed properly. Well at least GH5 is working, so I assume that means it's installed properly.
Did anyone else test Conf USB Loader with a GH controller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: