Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Ssseth said:
pepxl said:
sorry but you fail to relize what my post ment.

depending on what time e.g year you bought you HDD and what region for what matter have slight hardware changes and improvements depening on the manifacturers wishs "We have the right to change any aspect of the hardware without giving prior notice"

for your post to be valid you would of had to have bought the same HDD from the same place in the same quarter it was made

basically the same HDD that was bought 1 year ago is most definetly NOT going to have the exact specs as one bought a week ago.

to test a spindown theory simply load a game up hit the home button and leave it standing for 15-30 mins depending on the configuration of the HDD it'll be different across different manufacturers, then when the times up hit the home button again and if the game freezes, its a spindown issues

and yes WD My Books Essential 1TB HDD's do have spindowns, EVERY HDD ever made internal or external has spindowns it depends on OS configurations and hardware configurations that determin when a HDD actual spins down, the whole point of a HDD spindown is to save energy(not that its much) and to extend the life of the HDD, thus spining down the HDD when its not in use

p.s in all your videos ive noticed that the HDD your using takes it time on spinups, hence CFG counts up because your drive has fallen asleep and CFG is waiting for it to spin up
I have a 500GB Seagate IDE drive in a 3.5" Vantec Nextar 3 enclosure and it doesn't spin down even when the Wii is off. I left it overnight and in the morning touching the drive it was still spinning just as fast as when I play a game. So not all drives spin down unfortunately.

It has a power switch on the back so I just turn it off when not in use.

good for you but have you checked the parameters of the drive it may be set to spindown say after 15-30 hrs, to be positive of your post get an app that can read and change drive parameters like HDDScan and enlighter us to what spindown setting its set to, either disabled or in the high hours is my guess

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v45 (release)

http://sharebee.com/d8700ca5
(or online update)

Changes:

Code:
 * full package, no code changes (version only)

cfg v45b2 (beta2)

* Fixed multiple WBFS partition support for drives larger than 1TB
* Fixed "DVD in drive check" by patching the game (thanks giantpune)
ÂÂ (only if IOS249 before rev12 or IOS222/223)

cfg v45b (beta)

* Updated ehcmodule for IOS222-mload from uLoader 3.1
* Fixed disable_format option
* Show game info in options screen while scanning for alt.dols
* More IOS related warning notes: (thanks WiiPower)
- cIOS before rev14: possible 001 error source on new games (Wii Fit Plus)
- cIOS before rev13: need a disc in the drive
- cIOS before rev10: no sd/sdhc support
- cIOS before rev9: no usb support
* Changed the default for: download_id_len = [6]
* Changed IOS order - moved *-yal after *-mload
* Show version on intro screen
* Partition selection screen improvements
* The usual minor cleanups

cfg v45a (alpha)

* Multiple WBFS partitions support (from uLoader)
ÂÂ Limitation: max 4 WBFS partitions on same drive supported by ios 222/223
* Print game size, dual-layer and wbfs free space in install screen
* Save gamelist.txt when saving settings in global options screen
* option: home = hbc will exit to Homebrew Channel (thanks to giantpune)
ÂÂ (similar to home = exit, but might work better with forwarders)
* Stability fixes:
- Corrupted cover images should no longer crash the loader
- Fixed hdd spin down/up at startup for some drive models (since v43, tnx Narolez)
- Don't print error if opening.bnr not found
- mp3 playing stability fixes (fixes stuttering and slowdowns in rare occasions)
- fixed the few notes of music between banner sound and game start
- minor cleanups
* Added CIOS related warning notices: (thanks Clipper)
- CIOS249 rev13 : unsupported "return to menu" to exit game
- CIOS249 rev14 : unsupported dual layer (start, install)
- CIOS249 : unsupported multiple WBFS
- CIOS222 : unsupported SDHC WBFS
* New intro screen (by Milcoi)

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
Ssseth said:
pepxl said:
sorry but you fail to relize what my post ment.

depending on what time e.g year you bought you HDD and what region for what matter have slight hardware changes and improvements depening on the manifacturers wishs "We have the right to change any aspect of the hardware without giving prior notice"

for your post to be valid you would of had to have bought the same HDD from the same place in the same quarter it was made

basically the same HDD that was bought 1 year ago is most definetly NOT going to have the exact specs as one bought a week ago.

to test a spindown theory simply load a game up hit the home button and leave it standing for 15-30 mins depending on the configuration of the HDD it'll be different across different manufacturers, then when the times up hit the home button again and if the game freezes, its a spindown issues

and yes WD My Books Essential 1TB HDD's do have spindowns, EVERY HDD ever made internal or external has spindowns it depends on OS configurations and hardware configurations that determin when a HDD actual spins down, the whole point of a HDD spindown is to save energy(not that its much) and to extend the life of the HDD, thus spining down the HDD when its not in use

p.s in all your videos ive noticed that the HDD your using takes it time on spinups, hence CFG counts up because your drive has fallen asleep and CFG is waiting for it to spin up
I have a 500GB Seagate IDE drive in a 3.5" Vantec Nextar 3 enclosure and it doesn't spin down even when the Wii is off. I left it overnight and in the morning touching the drive it was still spinning just as fast as when I play a game. So not all drives spin down unfortunately.

It has a power switch on the back so I just turn it off when not in use.

good for you but have you checked the parameters of the drive it may be set to spindown say after 15-30 hrs, to be positive of your post get an app that can read and change drive parameters like HDDScan and enlighter us to what spindown setting its set to, either disabled or in the high hours is my guess
I hope that is the case. I tried HDDScan (latest version from here) but can't find the area where it mentions spin down time. I'm guessing it's supposed to be in the features section but it's grayed out.

hddtest.png

I always though HDD spin down time was determined by the computer (or in this case the enclosure) not the actual drive itself. That was just an assuming however.

white wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
can someone explain how to burn a game (wii fit plus) to a dvd to play it in the wii using this loader plz
tks
frown.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
white wolf said:
can someone explain how to burn a game (wii fit plus) to a dvd to play it in the wii using this loader plz
tks
frown.gif

This loader does not play games from DVD's, only from USB drives.

To burn the game to a DVD take the ISO file into any DVD burning software and burn the DVD as normal.

To play it you need NeoGamma, I believe or a disk loader.

Do a search for disc loading programs.

I did a quick search in this forum and found this...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129239

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
white wolf said:
tks
frown.gif
the best way to play your game is to transfer the game with any wbfs manager to your external harddrive. you don't need to burn a dvd for that.

white wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
tks for the responce guys. i do use my usb flash to store on play games with this loader buts since i did the online updates and the 'patch game' option is gone i cant seem to find the right settings to get the games to work like wii fit plus. How can i fix this. the games staarts but the pictture moves is lines up the screen

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
"gui_style = flow-z" does not work.
Works fine for me. Are you sure you spelt it right and had it in lower case? Try running it through the Configurator to see if it picks it up as valid.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this has been asked yet, but are we skiping the disc update useing the usbloader's? if so whats the point in turning it off in preloader?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
"gui_style = flow-z" does not work.
Works fine for me. Are you sure you spelt it right and had it in lower case? Try running it through the Configurator to see if it picks it up as valid.

It always works until v45.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
I tested it with v45 earlier, and just tested it again. It works fine for me. Can you post your config.txt? Make sure you check the global options screen to check which config.txt is being used as well.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
I tested it with v45 earlier, and just tested it again. It works fine for me. Can you post your config.txt? Make sure you check the global options screen to check which config.txt is being used as well.

My config.txt :

covers_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/covers
background = background.png
wbackground = background_wide.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
theme = Ultimate_Loader
device = usb
disable_remove = 1
disable_install = 1
disable_format = 1
music = sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/music.mp3
widescreen = 0
gui_style = flow-z
gui_antialias = 0
confirm_ocarina = 1
start_favorites = 1
ios=222-mload
console_mark_page = 1
console_mark_favorite = 1
console_mark_saved = 1
clock_style=12am
cursor = "?"

My theme.txt :

background = background.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
cover_style = standard
console_color = 12,15
colors = bright
hide_footer = 1

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin, I don't know what's going wrong for you because I just copied and pasted your files and they work fine. The only change I made was to the directories to point to a valid location for music and covers on my SD card.

Did you perhaps add a config.txt to an sd:/usb-loader directory? That would change your base directory and would explain the discrepancy. Try downgrading the loader (either online or just change the .dol) and confirm that it was something in v45 causing the error.

BTW, hin what way does it not work?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TeenTin: I guess you saved global options from inside the loader, which writes the gui style also to settings.cfg, which overrides config.txt. Just select your preferred style and save global options again.

JDTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
covers_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/covers

this is what you guys put so the cover will load at the sd?
how aboutif i have my cover on the hardisk what do i puT? the sd card will become what drivE?
covers_path = (sd?):/apps/usbloader_cfg/covers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU