Hacking Configurable USB Loader

sord_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question : my wii is ntsc but very often when i play pal games or force pal50 or pal60 after returning to the wii menu from the game the wii crashes. The version of the loader is 38 .How can i fix this issue?

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dr. Clipper said:
You'd have to have something like 500 games to get 100 pages... Here's a workaround: Stop Pirating.

that is just absolute comedy gold right there.

rofl2.gif

or for all the aussies out there, that's champagne comedy!

grog.gif

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dr. Clipper said:
@usptactical:

A member at another forum has a request for a new coverflow mode, and it sounds sort of handy:

QUOTE said:
I'd also like to add that I want to see a theme that displays all games as if they were lined up on a shelf, like DVD cases, with the spines facing towards you. Then have the ability to click a spine and the game come out of the shelf, allowing you to view the cover.

+1 vote for this view mode please

though my preference would for all the covers to be horizontal so they're easy to read (admittedly this is just a graphical 'list' of files though)

If you hover on any spine for say half a second it could 'flick out' and show you the front cover (to the right side of the stack of games) and then if you rotate the wiimote left or right it could flick to the back cover.

Scrolling speed up and down through the list should be relative to how close to the top or bottom of the screen you are (like the new side scrolling)

also I have a request that the console mode (where the options and confirmation to play the game etc. are all displayed) should show the CD artwork, not the cover artwork. (to me it makes sense to display the cover CD artwork here, we've already decided what game to play by browsing the covers, we're possibly just fine tuning the options before we actually play the game).

thanks once again for such a great program.

the kids love it, the missus loves it - so that makes me love it even more
smile.gif

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sord_id said:
I've got a question : my wii is ntsc but very often when i play pal games or force pal50 or pal60 after returning to the wii menu from the game the wii crashes. The version of the loader is 38 .How can i fix this issue?

I'm guessing don't force the vidmode to pal50 or pal60 as it'll then try to run your channels etc. at that video mode. I'd say leave the 'video' option at 'game default' it's what I do for the few NTSC games I play on my PAL console.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, im having a problem atm.
i formatted my entire hard drive to WBFS using this loader on the Wii. now, thinking that i could use WBFS on my pc, i plugged it in and now its read as 'Local Disk". ive tried using formatting programs to change it back to FAT, but it either pops up with an error, or never lets me format at all.

does anyone here know how to fix this? or is this unfixable.
thanks in advance.

EDIT:
ok, now windows has let me format and get rid of WBFS, but now it is a NTFS. is it possible to format it back to FAT16/32?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmomelb said:
also I have a request that the console mode (where the options and confirmation to play the game etc. are all displayed) should show the CD artwork, not the cover artwork. (to me it makes sense to display the cover CD artwork here, we've already decided what game to play by browsing the covers, we're possibly just fine tuning the options before we actually play the game).

I already do this (since I use the new Flow GUI-modes only)

add:

cover_style = disc
covers_size = 160, 160

In the theme.txt and when going to console mode after pressing A the disc/cd artwork will show in console mode. =)

white wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
can someone help me please by putting all files needed in one folder and uploading them somewear like megaupload or something? so far i have been able to get the homebrew chanell on my wii but i am just lost as to where to start with this usb configurable usb loader. I dont even understand some of the tec tearms. can someone help me please.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
@usptactical:

A member at another forum has a request for a new coverflow mode, and it sounds sort of handy:

QUOTE said:
I'd also like to add that I want to see a theme that displays all games as if they were lined up on a shelf, like DVD cases, with the spines facing towards you. Then have the ability to click a spine and the game come out of the shelf, allowing you to view the cover.

As much as I like the image management, the constant use of front on views makes it always seem a little bit more cluttered than it should be. Spine viewing would be a great way to organise.

This could be a possibility, right? Just have the spines displaying next to each other, like coverflow3D but without the central camera-facing game, and probably have the spines closer together or just fully touching each other. Selecting a game takes you to the console version already where you see the front boxart, so it seems it would work out as another interesting view.

This is certainly do-able as you see something like that for a split second between coverflow theme changes, but it seems the spine is usually unreadable once it's mapped and positioned so I don't know how good that would look. That, and you will have to be alot more precise with your wiimote control as you'll only have a thin line to point at. I'll have to play with it and see. Should only take about 5 minutes to do anyways.
smile.gif

sord_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmomelb said:
sord_id said:

I'm guessing don't force the vidmode to pal50 or pal60 as it'll then try to run your channels etc. at that video mode. I'd say leave the 'video' option at 'game default' it's what I do for the few NTSC games I play on my PAL console.

I've done it but it happens again...it's the game it seems....patched it with region free and that didn't help. any other suggestions?

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
PNo4 said:
gizmomelb said:

add:

cover_style = disc
covers_size = 160, 160

In the theme.txt and when going to console mode after pressing A the disc/cd artwork will show in console mode. =)
It's not working for me with grid, flow and flow-z. I'm just able to see the disc artworks (completely there, not only in the config and start screen).
With the other styles, it's working. If I klick a cover, it'll show me it's disc artwork.
Is it possible to get it working like this with grid, flow and flow-z?
I'd love it! =)
Edit: It would be also great if the disc covers would spin, if you klick a game.

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takoru said:
PNo4 said:
gizmomelb said:

add:

cover_style = disc
covers_size = 160, 160

It's not working for me with grid, flow and flow-z. I'm just able to see the disc artworks (completely there, not only in the config and start screen).
With the other styles, it's working. If I klick a cover, it'll show me it's disc artwork.
Is it possible to get it working like this with grid, flow and flow-z?
I'd love it! =)
Edit: It would be also great if the disc covers would spin, if you klick a game.

Agreed. That is one of my favorite features in USB Loader GX.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
white wolf said:
can someone help me please by putting all files needed in one folder and uploading them somewear like megaupload or something? so far i have been able to get the homebrew chanell on my wii but i am just lost as to where to start with this usb configurable usb loader. I dont even understand some of the tec tearms. can someone help me please.
Check my sig, which is also linked in the first post. The guide gives you quick and easy instructions for everything and tells you which files to download.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question in regards to HD spin up (not spin down):

I have a Seagate Freeagent Desk 1TB drive. It works fine with the Wii, but has a strange spin up thing about it. When I load USBLoaderCFG, the countdown starts with "1", and that "1" stays there for almost 10 seconds before it finally displays the games on the drive. Not a big deal at all mind you, but I am just curious as to why. I hear the drive "click" (turn on/spin up) right before displaying the games.

I tried some other loaders to see what the result is with these and this drive. USBLoaderGX (latest revision) just craps out, gives me a screen regarding my "slow" usb device, and never actually makes it to the menu. An older version (549 I think) is almost as fast with detection and spin up as CFG, and the games come right up shortly after. So, something is seriously borked with the latest GX...but I don't care since this was only a test and I'll never use GX anyway
smile.gif

I then tested Uloader with it. Uloader sits for nearly a minute before I hear the "click" and the drive goes in to the games afterward as usual. Wow...

So, I guess my question is, what makes CFG so good in my drive detection/spinup?
smile.gif
And ultimately, do you think there is a way to speed up the USB drive startup time? It is already quicker than the other loaders in this respect, so *something* is happening in the beginning initialization that CFG is doing better than the others. It's almost like to is sending the command to "wake up" the usb port faster...

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
I made a new video of cfg 39, to show off all the gui styles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbFuzuavUE

And at the end it also shows how to set alt.dol from disc, since that seems so HARD to do
biggrin.gif
Awesome video! I have been following / using Configurable since the beginning, but I think I must have missed something. Oggzee, how are you able to change between the different gui styles on the fly.

Thanks,
GD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu