Hacking Configurable USB Loader

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug. For the games that need to have the contry_patch on, like Rouge Trooper, the game boots up fine in the regular menu, but when you try to boot it up in the gui, it freezes on the loading game message.

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am trying to get my USB drive recognized, but with no success so far

I have some doubts regarding the compatibility...

For example SDUSB-Loader_cfg31c\README-CFG.txt states that
QUOTE said:
# ios = [249], 222-yal, 222-mload, 223-yal, 223-mload, 250
# Select Custom IOS
# Note: 222-yal is for kwiirk's cIOS
# Note: 222-mload is for Hermes's cIOS
# Note: a few seconds of delay when starting a game with custom ios is expected.
...And it looks like my USB drive should work via IOS222 by Hermes (it isn't recognized via IOS249, but uLoader by Hermes works well)

Meanwhile SDUSB-Loader_cfg31c\README.txt states thatQUOTE...
[ REQUISITES ]:

- Custom IOS36 rev 10 or above.
- USB/SD/SDHC device with one free partition for games.
So it looks like any custom IOS is only used for starting a game, but the loader anyway uses IOS249 for accessing and browsing WBFS partition, and that's why it freezes even when I specify "ios = 222-mload" in the parameters.

Any ideas and knowledge sharing would be much appreciated

markymark2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raptor1010 said:
I found a bug. For the games that need to have the contry_patch on, like Rouge Trooper, the game boots up fine in the regular menu, but when you try to boot it up in the gui, it freezes on the loading game message.

huh?, list vs. box art pictures? what freezes up?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
raptor1010 said:
Are you sure you aren't just seeing the rev 13 bug? You have to reset the console before starting a second game. Coming back to the Wii Menu via the Home button won't work.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
popandgolf said:
eteles said:
Hello again!

I can´t load my sims racing! I get a green screen freeze...

Using CFG USB loader 0.31c 002 fix + cIOS rev 12... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please use the CFG with cIOS rev13 only.
blink.gif
Yes, My Sims Racing needs rev13a to run.

Is this the case will all loaders, or just this one? I have yet to test Sims Racing, which is why I ask
smile.gif

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Orazal said:
Make sure you have no quotes.

Ios=222-mload

sure, i specified it without quotes, but with spaces like that
Ios = 222-mload

but how about [ REQUISITES ]? Does this loader really works via Custom IOS36 rev 10+ and might use IOS222 only for starting a particular game?

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone who is interested - I now have CFG USB Loader running with no SD card at all.

I had an issue with Preloader - I wanted to use the USB HDD only so installed the .dol file into Preloader. It worked almost perfectly but if the power was off on the Hard drive, then it wouldn't load until I reset the wii - then it was fine. I got around this problem by "borrowing" Neorama's USB Loader GX forwarder from the USB Loader GX home page - and installed the "boot.dol" into Preloader. If there is no sd card in the wii, it will wait until the usb hard drive is mounted and look in ROOT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol - I just placed the cfgloader's dol file in there. Now the loader runs like a dream - and there's no sd card in the wii for the kids to remove ;-)

Thanks Ogzee - this loader is great!!

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And one more request for Ogzee please?

Hi Ogzee - would it be possible to add some kind of button combination or something to unlock the system from simple mode without having to keep updating the simple = ? flag in the config.txt? But it wouldn't actually override the flag in the config.txt so next time it starts it would remain in simple mode?

It would also be really cool if you could select which games are to be hidden in simple mode in each game's options menu too - my 4 year old just started up Manhunt 2 - whoops

Thanks heaps in advance.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mjfisher said:
And one more request for Ogzee please?

Hi Ogzee - would it be possible to add some kind of button combination or something to unlock the system from simple mode without having to keep updating the simple = ? flag in the config.txt? But it wouldn't actually override the flag in the config.txt so next time it starts it would remain in simple mode?

It would also be really cool if you could select which games are to be hidden in simple mode in each game's options menu too - my 4 year old just started up Manhunt 2 - whoops

Thanks heaps in advance.

At the moment, you can do it this way:
You can create 2 directories with 2 different config.txt files, make it so that the default one started from preloader or forwarder/full channel is "simple"/child proof and the other one with full permissions, which you can start from HBC.

In the future, I might add "unlock" button combination for that...

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
You can create 2 directories with 2 different config.txt files, make it so that the default one started from preloader or forwarder/full channel is "simple"/child proof and the other one with full permissions, which you can start from HBC.

I'll give that a go - would prefer to not have to go through HBC or any System Menu channels if possible though..

QUOTE(oggzee @ Jun 15 2009, 07:37 PM) In the future, I might add "unlock" button combination for that...

Oggzee - that would be brilliant - The preloader/CFG USB Loader combo is awesome!!! If you do get around to adding this option I won't need to enter System Menu / HBC ever again!!! I love the fact that it boots to cfgloader and when I select Wii Menu or Reset from a game - it goes back to cfgloader too!! It's great. And the Wolf3d theme and coverflow looks nicer than the standard Wii menus anyway.... I think it's about time I went to vote on the loader polls now
yay.gif

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:

In the future, I might add "unlock" button combination for that...

Worked like a charm!! You're a legend mate! Thanks again for the quick responses to my noob questions.
One thing I did notice was that when I setup the extra config.txt file with "simple=0" I thought that would also re-enable the HIDE_GAME option as well, but the hidden games didn't reappear. I had to add HIDE_GAME = 0 in the extra config.txt in order for that to work.
Is that how it is supposed to work or have I buggered something up somewhere? (It works fine like this - just curious because I thought the simple option enabled/disabled all hide_xxx options.)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mjfisher said:
Worked like a charm!! You're a legend mate! Thanks again for the quick responses to my noob questions.
One thing I did notice was that when I setup the extra config.txt file with "simple=0" I thought that would also re-enable the HIDE_GAME option as well, but the hidden games didn't reappear. I had to add HIDE_GAME = 0 in the extra config.txt in order for that to work.
Is that how it is supposed to work or have I buggered something up somewhere? (It works fine like this - just curious because I thought the simple option enabled/disabled all hide_xxx options.)

Oh, yes simple does not affect hide_game, i should have mentioned that in the readme.
It only affects hide_header hide_hddinfo and hide_footer

popandgolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi Oggzee, question on 31C....

Is it possible to change background music file when I change theme? and is it need to name "music.mp3", only? Just in case...
blush.gif
Thank you

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've made a new custom designs for my USBLoaderCFG-Channels, i hope you like it:

FULL

Full-Channel 31c:

iconfull.png

menuscreen31c.png

Download Full-Channel 31c: < http://sharebee.com/f04cda63 >

FORWARDER

Forwarder for launching from SD:

iconsd.png

menuscreensd.png

Forwarder for launching from USB:

iconusb.png

menuscreenusb.png

CODE************************************************************
ÂÂÂÂÂÂForwarder-Channels for Configurable USB Loader
ÂÂÂÂBased on Loadmii and WiiPower's Universal Forwarder

Version:
--------

- R2 by Narolez

Features:
---------

- Supports loading from SD/SDHC and USB
- Using read ahead cache for faster SD loading

Included Channels:
------------------

USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder_SD-UCSF.wad
ÂÂ- ID: UCSF
ÂÂ- Region Free
ÂÂ- Loads CFG USB Loader from SD/SDHC (sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol)

USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder_USB-UCUF.wad
ÂÂ- ID: UCUF
ÂÂ- Region Free
ÂÂ- Loads CFG USB Loader from USB (usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol)

Installation:
-------------

Copy the WAD directory to your SD and install the channel(s)
with Wad-Manager

If you use Preloader for launching Configurable USB Loader,
copy the forwarder DOL to the sd root and install it as file

Source:
-------

Ressources:
-----------

Configurable USB Loader:
Download Forwarder-Channel-Pack with WADs and DOLs for Preloader: < http://sharebee.com/4fd95cb5 >

venomhotboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hi

How do I enable the mp3 to play on this loader? Can i get a config file that enable everything. The little file now wont work for me. I want the loader to go straight to gui but i can't get it to work. Please I am awaiting your speedy response

Venom
fr Jamaica

DonTlaloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
venomhotboy said:
How do I enable the mp3 to play on this loader?
Just put a MP3-file named "music.mp3" in "sd:/usb-loader"

QUOTEI want the loader to go straight to gui but i can't get it to work.
Add this to your config.txt:
gui = start

andyselects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the great work with this loader.

Just wanted to ask if there was a central location for the themes. I'm interested in getting something that works with the Flow-Z mode.

GimmeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will there during the summer be support added to load GC and VC loaded from the harddrive? It would be awesome. Then this is complete for me in terms of feature. I don't have a Wii so I can't try it myself but I really like what I read.

GC=Gamecube, VC=Virtual console, like NES-roms.

GimmeWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think