Hacking Configurable USB Loader

ddt3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
unsure.gif

I don't know exactly what happened but I used to be able to download covers perfectly and now configurable USB loader keeps telling me it can't resolve www.theotherzone.com. Must admit that the same thing happens in the homebrewbrowser: it can't resolve www.codemii.com.

Strange thing is: I can browse to both using the wii opera browser... I have connected my wii using dhcp and static ip-address and that also makes no difference... Network is also ok (I can ping my wii). And from my desktop theotherzone does not seem to be too slow

Anything I could do?

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, may I just say that I was looking at some loaders yesterday and this one caught my eye. I installed it and was instantly blown away; not only by the look, but the feel and ease of use.

Three things come to my mind however. Will there ever be an auto-update feature? Will this loader ever be able to get usb microphones to work in games like guitar hero world tour or rock band 2? I know this can extract isos from your wii games and save them to the device of your chossing, but will this loader ever support this same function but with gamecube games as well?

If any of these are already possible or will be possible soon, please do let me know.

Thank you, this is the best loader I've tested so far and I'm sticking with it!

EDIT - OK, now this loader isn't working as expected. I ripped my copy of wii sports onto my wbfs formatted 4gb san disk cruzer micro usb flash drive and the game played fine. Then I added Rock Band 2 to the drive and played a little of that. Next I tried wii sports again and it refuses to load. I get the following error:

ERROR: Could not open game! (ret = -16)

I figured maybe it had something to do with rock band 2 being the drive so I took it off. Alas this made no different. Next I figured my copy of wii sports became corrupted, so I deleted it and reripped the game and alas I still get the error.

If it helps, I'm running all the configs and dol files off my 1gb san disk sd card and am running the isos off my flash drive. Now, I am not sure what the latest cIOS revision is that I have on my wii and I am not sure how to tell.

I do have v0.29 of the preloader installed along with the latest version of the homebrew channel. I am also using the latest channel forwarder found on page 1 of this thread, but whether I use it or not it makes no difference, I still get the error. Oh and I have the latest system menu version 4.0. If you need anymore information, just let me know.

EDIT AGAIN - I restarted the system after reripping the game and now the game runs. Now, any idea what was going on here?

The Bishop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question where do you put the Cover art on your USB drive from the link provided that leads to theotherzone. I tried putting it into the Root of Covers but it did not work. I noticed the zip file makes an NTSC folder does it have to remain there?

Got it figured out

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
Ok, may I just say that I was looking at some loaders yesterday and this one caught my eye. I installed it and was instantly blown away; not only by the look, but the feel and ease of use.

Three things come to my mind however. Will there ever be an auto-update feature? Will this loader ever be able to get usb microphones to work in games like guitar hero world tour or rock band 2? I know this can extract isos from your wii games and save them to the device of your chossing, but will this loader ever support this same function but with gamecube games
as well?

If any of these are already possible or will be possible soon, please do let me know.
Mikes already work. Use Hermes' IOS223. There are instructions in this thread and in the OP for installing it and configuring cfgUL to use it.

QUOTEEDIT AGAIN - I restarted the system after reripping the game and now the game runs. Now, any idea what was going on here?
Do you have cIOS38 rev 13 or 13b by any chance? This is a well known bug with those cIOSes. Just use Reset instead of "Wii Menu" to finish your games, or use one of Hermes' IOSes as mentioned above.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Dr. Clipper, I installed CIOS 222 (used all the defaults) and that solved my mic issues instantly. For the second point, how would I know if I have cIOS38 rev 13 or 13b installed? Now since I installed CIOS 222 would that solve the issue surrounding this point?

One more thing, and anybody can answer this: Is there an app that can do for gamecube games what this loader does in terms of ripping wii games to a usb drive (as in it rips only the game and doesn't include all the blank space necessary to make the isos exactly 4.7gb)?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
DaFees said:
Thank you Dr. Clipper, I installed CIOS 222 (used all the defaults) and that solved my mic issues instantly. For the second point, how would I know if I have cIOS38 rev 13 or 13b installed? Now since I installed CIOS 222 would that solve the issue surrounding this point?

One more thing, and anybody can answer this: Is there an app that can do for gamecube games what this loader does in terms of ripping wii games to a usb drive (as in it rips only the game and doesn't include all the blank space necessary to make the isos exactly 4.7gb)?
not at the moment but I'm sure someone will get on it sooner or later
wink.gif
, sorry but woth all these games I don't think I have time to do it my self
wink.gif
just kidding

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
I found a bug in v31 when I tried to use ocarina codes with ACCF using IOS 222-mload the wiimote desynced before the ocarina confirmation dialog appeared

You see this oggzee?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiiztec said:
wiiztec said:
I found a bug in v31 when I tried to use ocarina codes with ACCF using IOS 222-mload the wiimote desynced before the ocarina confirmation dialog appeared

You see this oggzee?

Yes, I've seen this, I think the problem is that I don't re-init the wiimode after ios reload, i will look into this, when I get time.

Sorry everyone for not making a new release for a while, but I was really busy for the past week
frown.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
wiiztec said:
wiiztec said:

You see this oggzee?

Yes, I've seen this, I think the problem is that I don't re-init the wiimode after ios reload, i will look into this, when I get time.

Sorry everyone for not making a new release for a while, but I was really busy for the past week
frown.gif

Glad to see U back !
grog.gif

I think this is just the right time you come back because WiiPower has (almost) solved the "IOS reloading games" problem !!
(i.e. Metroid Prime 1, Grand Slam Tennis, etc.)

I would like to see this fix implemented into this great loader. And, of course, the beloved "favorite game list" is also a must.

Bronzodiriace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cfg v31c (bug fixes / minor improvements)
http://sharebee.com/ec8dd992
- cIOS 249 rev13 - 002 fix (by WiiPower)
- Fixed: power off button in GUI mode
- Fixed: gui style no longer resets when switching to console and back to gui
- option gui=start will switch to gui directly after device init, without first displaying the game list in console mode
- print IOS version and revision in device selection menu

the link doesn't work
wink.gif

eteles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello again!

I can´t load my sims racing! I get a green screen freeze...

Using CFG USB loader 0.31c 002 fix + cIOS rev 12... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cory321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cory321 said:
Hi oggzee, remember me? Im the one who asked u for adding WiiRD support to your Configurable USB Loader.

Have you tried to implement it? Are you working on it?

I don't want to bother you, but i would really like that function, and also i NEED it (my Wii can't read discs) :S
frown.gif

Please it would be an awesome function not just for me, for all the people.

And I have to ask you other thing, what does the ''debug'' option in the Configurable USB Loader does? In a update it says this:

- Debugging can be enabled with option: debug=1
It will also show some music related info

What does that option do?

Thanks

Anyone?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess