Hacking Configurable USB Loader

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My problem:

I have a black bar in the bottom of the Loader. This is only in the "non-gui" mode. I had this problem with the "good old" Ultimate Loader too. They posted a fixed background special for PAL50. (Widescreen PAL 50hz fix)
That fixed my problem in the old Loader. The different is only the size of the background, I think (the fixed is 640 x 528, watch at Link)

So is there any way to fix that in this Loader too? I tried something, but after changing between some backgrounds´s with different sizes I got a code dump. (I think I made something wrong with config file or was it the background size? I don´t know.... I haven´t tried it again)

greets, boy2048

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry for making a post like this on this thread but I am so very lost. Why are there so many different USB Loaders (There's at least 4 that I know of) and what are the differences between them and/or advantages/disadvantages between each other?

If possible, can someone make a sticky / guide in regards of this? Once again, sorry for posting on this thread in regards of this question.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
I'm really sorry for making a post like this on this thread but I am so very lost. Why are there so many different USB Loaders (There's at least 4 that I know of) and what are the differences between them and/or advantages/disadvantages between each other?

If possible, can someone make a sticky / guide in regards of this? Once again, sorry for posting on this thread in regards of this question.

Well I can't explain why there exists so many different loaders (My guess would be is that every time a person is looking for a key feature in a loader someone will go off and write their own loader using bits and pieces from previous loaders and implement this one key feature and I think no one has taken the time try and push for a unified loader. I see no reason why one couldn't exist). Anyways I suggest you take a look at this page, http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_Releases

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djricekcn said:

if you check the stickies there is an Ultimate USBLoader thread that have all needed info , not sure what else you are looking for ?

Posts merged

QUOTE(djricekcn @ Jun 16 2009, 07:49 PM) I'm really sorry for making a post like this on this thread but I am so very lost. Why are there so many different USB Loaders (There's at least 4 that I know of) and what are the differences between them and/or advantages/disadvantages between each other?

if you check the stickies there is an Ultimate USBLoader thread that have all needed info , not sure what else you are looking for ?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
djricekcn said:

Well I can't explain why there exists so many different loaders (My guess would be is that every time a person is looking for a key feature in a loader someone will go off and write their own loader using bits and pieces from previous loaders and implement this one key feature and I think no one has taken the time try and push for a unified loader. I see no reason why one couldn't exist). Anyways I suggest you take a look at this page, http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_Releases

Thanks for the link, it did help answer some questions but not the one thing I wanted to know the most; are there a difference in loader (I guess mainly USB Loader GX vs. Configurable(this one)) in terms of game compatibility? I.E. certain games does not work on this loader, but works on the other or is that more of cIOS issue?

Also, hope Configurable eventually has auto-update function (download over wifi on the wii, no need to keep pulling out sd card)

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
DaFees said:
djricekcn said:

Thanks for the link, it did help answer some questions but not the one thing I wanted to know the most; are there a difference in loader (I guess mainly USB Loader GX vs. Configurable(this one)) in terms of game compatibility? I.E. certain games does not work on this loader, but works on the other or is that more of cIOS issue?

Also, hope Configurable eventually has auto-update function (download over wifi on the wii, no need to keep pulling out sd card)

Well let me say first of all that I agree with you on the autoupdate feature. As to your point on game compatibility, that boils down to a cIOS issue. Every loader should be able to handle all wii games and only wii games at this point assuming you have the correct cIOS. If you've any more questions, just ask.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say thanks for this loader. The original Waninkoko USB loader has always been rock solid for me (while many others have had their lockups and crashes) so I always kept it around. Now with this loader obviously being a modification of that original rock solid code (along with some REALLY nice flow options!) this is the loader of choice for me.

And also thank you for including a channel version of the latest release. I know some people love to use forwarders and have the release reside on the SD, but I personally prefer the release residing on the Wii in channel form. Seems alot of people are moving away from this, but I applaud the effort to keep it an option for the people who want it!

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
TeenTin said:
I think there is urgent need to implement the IOS reloading game compatibility codes, done by Wiipower.

Where do I find that?

I think you'd better contact WiiPower.

P.S. GX has just implemented this.
This really works in some loaders by now? Great development!
Would be great to see it implemented in CFG!
smile.gif

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
WoW this looks great!! I gotta get a Wii and get down on this for sure!!

Can someone help me to get a Brand spanking new out of box Wii and then to Run this badboy!

Knowledge so far:

Needs home brew channel?

Knowledge Needed:

Getting Home brew channel installed
and everything else

yay.gif

(P.S im an Uber wii scrub....so i'll basically need all those dummy tutorial and guides thrown at me) =D

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
invu said:
TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
TeenTin said:
I think there is urgent need to implement the IOS reloading game compatibility codes, done by Wiipower.

Where do I find that?

I think you'd better contact WiiPower.

P.S. GX has just implemented this.
This really works in some loaders by now? Great development!
Would be great to see it implemented in CFG!
smile.gif

I am waiting oggzee's new usb loader CFG, also.
rolleyes.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v32a1 (alpha1)

http://sharebee.com/ea1fe61c

- Block IOS Reload option
(works only with IOS 222-mload or 223-mload)

Note: I only tested it with house of the dead 2 and seems to work.
Please test it with other games that require the ios reload block.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
cfg v32a1 (alpha1)

What does it mean by Block IOS Reload ? What does it do ?

P.S. How about the Favorite Game List ?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks !

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
cfg v32a1 (alpha1)

P.S. How about the Favorite Game List ?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks !

I'd like to know as well...

On a side note, I replaced my SD card today and noticed that the loader would not create the necessary usb-loader/covers directories needed to download covers. The loader just gave a "could not create directory" error on each download. So, I had to remove the card and actually create these directories on the PC first. Is this normal behavior?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Presumably he means it's doing something to try and keep games from reloading IOS...that is to say, blocking them from doing so. If they were to reload IOS, it would screw the USB Loader up (this is why games like House of the Dead 2 and 3 and Red Steel won't work).

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
TeenTin said:
Presumably he means it's doing something to try and keep games from reloading IOS...that is to say, blocking them from doing so. If they were to reload IOS, it would screw the USB Loader up (this is why games like House of the Dead 2 and 3 and Red Steel won't work).

I see no changes though. hmm, wonder if this is what he meant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3aCbNk8 lol smart keyboard