Hacking Configurable USB Loader

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Ogzee,

Just wondering if it's possible to increase the number of Favorites you can have? Currently it's limited to 32.

And secondly, is there a way to have the game launch straight away when I press A without bringing up the "Press A to play, 1 for options" screen?, yet still have the ability to bring up the options with the "1" button?

I just tried the alt.dol disc method on Redsteel and MK and it works great. That's a really cool option - much better than having to extract the dol like before.

thanks for all the hard work and the superfast updates.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mjfisher said:
And secondly, is there a way to have the game launch straight away when I press A without bringing up the "Press A to play, 1 for options" screen?, yet still have the ability to bring up the options with the "1" button?
Add "confirm_start=0" to your config.txt.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still get the stack dump with the new beta but the test version fixed it. THANKS!!!!!

Update feature is appreciated too. Makes future updates a lot easier.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dochog: I definitely agree. An update feature built in would be very useful for those who do not have computer access often, actually.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TornZero said:
@Dochog: I definitely agree. An update feature built in would be very useful for those who do not have computer access often, actually.
you must have missed the last few pages.
this option is in place since version 35a6 if I am not mistaken..
wink.gif

cheers,
R

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
TornZero said:
wink.gif
He's talking about some in-engine way to update config.txt, not boot.dol, I think, or maybe not. Now I'm confused.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dr. Clipper said:
redia said:
TornZero said:
wink.gif

He's talking about some in-engine way to update config.txt, not boot.dol, I think, or maybe not. Now I'm confused.

lol. he is replying specifically to Dochog
QUOTE(Dochog @ Jul 8 2009, 07:17 AM)
Still get the stack dump with the new beta but the test version fixed it. THANKS!!!!!
Update feature is appreciated too. Makes future updates a lot easier.
who was thanking ogzee for the update feature.
but nice bump for this new request
wink.gif

my two cents about the config.txt modification. Ogzee has already so much to do that I understand if he decided to postpone an internal option to modify the config file.
cry.gif

someone mentioned the bootmii configuration editor he was replied that it would be difficult because the config file actually changes so there should be one software release for each version that ogzee gives us.
unfortunately I have absolutely no skills in wii coding.
but if someone has, and is willing to investigate such an option, there could be a solution.
he/she could work out an xml file (or any other format) with ogzee that would be parsed by his/her program.

then whenever ogzee modifies/adds an option to the loader, he could simply release the new file along with the dol during the update process.

just my 2 cents.
R

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@ Narolez:

This sounds like a great idea:

WiiPower said:
Why not just start writing standalone/forwarder hybrids? If the .dol to be forwarded on sd card is found, then forward, else take the .dol that's integrated. It's not that complicated, and would replace both kinds of channels.

wanna try to do it?
smile.gif

with perhaps checking for the presence of boot.dol on both sd and usb.
and maybe even this: fisr look for apps/usbloader_cfg and if not found look for apps/usbloader
that would combine all channel types into one.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My suggestion: First look in USB HDD partition. Then SD card. Then only .dol that is intergated.

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
@ Narolez:

This sounds like a great idea:

WiiPower said:
Why not just start writing standalone/forwarder hybrids? If the .dol to be forwarded on sd card is found, then forward, else take the .dol that's integrated. It's not that complicated, and would replace both kinds of channels.

wanna try to do it?
smile.gif

with perhaps checking for the presence of boot.dol on both sd and usb.
and maybe even this: fisr look for apps/usbloader_cfg and if not found look for apps/usbloader
that would combine all channel types into one.

Hi Oggzee/Narolez - if you want a starting point, the USB_Loader GX team have a forwarder that does something very similar - source code is available on their google code page - it might help provide some hints/tips. It looks for the boot.dol on SD and USB and it will also look for a config file where you can specify the "update" path for the boot.dol so you can effectively place the boot.dol in any directory on the sd or usb as long as the cfg file is in root. I actually use it to load up Cfg usbloader as it will keep searching until it finds the sd or usb fat partition. This makes it perfect for booting from preloader and fixes the issues I had where my HDD was taking to long to start up when I loaded cfg usbloader directly.

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wtf.gif
Dr. Clipper said:
mjfisher said:
Add "confirm_start=0" to your config.txt.

Thanks for that. My mistake - I had confirm_start=0 but also simple=0 as well which overrides everything else. Duh!!
wacko.gif

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
cu_shane said:
You're right, I completely missed that. How can I set the coverflow guis with reflections as the default gui? I have gui_style = flow set in the config, which loads a cover flow, but not one of the ones with relections.
As mentioned several times in the last few pages, you can't yet. Coverflow is still kind of in beta. I assume the option will appear in the next release once the code dump bugs are fully sorted out.

QUOTEOn a side note, I would like to add a feature request that all guis enable scrolling by moving the cursor to the left or right of the screen. Some do this, but others make you push the direction pad to navigate.
usptactical has already said this will happen soon, once the other problems are sorted out.

Great! Thanks for the info.

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whats the deal with certain games freezing?

like mario galaxie and transformers that i tryed up to now..

and the urls are wrong!

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cu_shane said:
You're right, I completely missed that. How can I set the coverflow guis with reflections as the default gui? I have gui_style = flow set in the config, which loads a cover flow, but not one of the ones with relections.

This will be available in the immediate future (today), as well as stability changes that you probably don't care about anyways.
smile.gif

QUOTE(techker @ Jul 8 2009, 06:51 AM) whats the deal with certain games freezing?

like mario galaxie and transformers that i tryed up to now..

and the urls are wrong!

Please provide more information about your system. I'm pretty sure that if Mario Galaxy wasn't loading, everyone would be complaining by now.

And as far as URLs go, we provide the URLs that are fully functional at the time of release. We are not responsible if a server goes down or someone decides to change a URL overnight. While this is a free app (and we don't even ask for donations) we try our best to make sure everything is working for you so that you can play your games. Oh and btw, you can set the URLs yourself in the config file, but I'm sure you already knew that.
wink.gif

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee,

is possible to implement in config.txt the path for update

Code:
updatedol = sd:/apps/USBLoader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
nitrozz said:
oggzee,

Code:

I won't do that.
I have fixed the boot.dol location detection instead.
will be in next rel.

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
nitrozz said:
oggzee,

Code:

I won't do that.
I have fixed the boot.dol location detection instead.
will be in next rel.

thank's anyway, its just a suggestion

jakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello

i got a new problem. I have the usb loader working and i can play games. After a time i stop playing the game and i quit to main menu. Then i start the loader again and its impossible to start a game then. It just wont boot up the game (any game). I need to shutdown the power of the wii and then i can boot games again. I have 35t version already. Anyone know the solution?

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakz said:
hello

i got a new problem. I have the usb loader working and i can play games. After a time i stop playing the game and i quit to main menu. Then i start the loader again and its impossible to start a game then. It just wont boot up the game (any game). I need to shutdown the power of the wii and then i can boot games again. I have 35t version already. Anyone know the solution?

I think the problem is not with the application but your HDD. I also have that problem I think the drive times out and shuts down when not being used, and it doenst re-activate it. Happens to me if I fire up the Wii and walk away for 5 mins or so.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
jakz said:
hello
I guess you have cios249 rev13, that is a known problem with that cios.
wither turn on-off or try to use reset in the home menu instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: