Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
then i have the correct one. Can it be that i did not install this

Installing Hermes' IOS 222/223 for use with USB Loader ??

maybe i should install that one first

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work on this loader! Is there any chance that reflections of the covers will be added to the cover/grid flow gui in future release? I'm a sucker for eye candy.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cu_shane said:
Great work on this loader! Is there any chance that reflections of the covers will be added to the cover/grid flow gui in future release? I'm a sucker for eye candy.

There are reflections on the coverflow covers in most themes. I'm not sure where the grid reflection would go since it's supposed to give the impression of being on a wall, or even floating in space.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a request/wish for this loader (hope don't get mad at me for wanting this):

everytime a new release comes out, I need to read the readmeCFG.txt to see what changes can be made and wich ones I like/want on my loader, so now that the updates can be made from the loader, I wont even need to take out from the Wii my SD and plug it into the PC, but my CFG.txt needs to tho, so can you make a function to save my CFG.txt from inside the loader..??

and what about the back of the games on the new GUI's, where can be found the images that go there, and where should we have to put them..??
huh.gif

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi oggzee !
Again, you did an amazing work in a very little time !

Just to feedback.
I got a code dump with the last 't' version.
I went to the update screen but did not choose to downgrade. It codedumps when I choose to go back with B button.
If it's of any help, I'm using the "wish disc spinning" forwader. boot.dol is in "apps/usbloader/".

Another report.
Red Steel alt dol disc loading is still working flawessly for me (I read a few post ago someone encounters an issue).

I hope you'll implement a "disc banner.bin loader" very soon !
grog.gif

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
nitrozz said:
update go to the root of sd and NOT to sd:\apps\USBLoader

frown.gif

How are you launching the loader? HBC or forwarder? which forwarder?
Can you try both and check what it says is the apps dir in the online update screen - that is where the boot.dol will be saved.
Do you have the boot.dol on SD or USB?
Can you add: debug = 1 to your config, and let me know what is the value of argv[0] printed when initiazlizing.

-using HBC
-config.txt is on usb:\usb-loader\
-apps sd:\apps\USBLoader\
-no config.txt on sd

-the dir on update screen is '\' so there was where the update is saved
i think value for path is empty

-i make some test; if config.txt is on sd:\apps\USBLoader than path appear correct

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I have a request/wish for this loader (hope don't get mad at me for wanting this):

everytime a new release comes out, I need to read the readmeCFG.txt to see what changes can be made and wich ones I like/want on my loader, so now that the updates can be made from the loader, I wont even need to take out from the Wii my SD and plug it into the PC, but my CFG.txt needs to tho, so can you make a function to save my CFG.txt from inside the loader..??

and what about the back of the games on the new GUI's, where can be found the images that go there, and where should we have to put them..??
huh.gif

Are you saying that you want the loader to download the latest config.txt or README-CFG.txt? When you go to the updates screen, it tells you what's new in the update.

Full covers functionality isn't released yet. Wait for at least v36 for that.

Species8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 are you asking about being able to edit the config.txt from within the loader? Since your post clearly indicates you are able to use the Wii's internet capabilities is there any reason why FTPii would not be an option to update the file on the card?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
usptactical said:
ether2802 said:

huh.gif

Are you saying that you want the loader to download the latest config.txt or README-CFG.txt? When you go to the updates screen, it tells you what's new in the update.

Full covers functionality isn't released yet. Wait for at least v36 for that.

No, not to download the CFG.txt, but to create one (and modify it if I want to), like if I change the GUI from 2 to 3 rows, I want to save that configuration, without opening the SD on my PC and editing the CFG.txt

QUOTE(Species8472 @ Jul 7 2009, 03:18 PM)
ether2802 are you asking about being able to edit the config.txt from within the loader? Since your post clearly indicates you are able to use the Wii's internet capabilities is there any reason why FTPii would not be an option to update the file on the card?

I use FTPii sometimes too, but I still think it can be so much faster if the loader can edit the CFG.txt

this was just a petition/wish, it can ignored at anytime if you feel like, and I found a place that if it gets well organized, can be the source for the complete covers, here's how it looks like

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
...and I found a place that if it gets well organized, can be the source for the complete covers, here's how it looks like
Yeah, I've been following up on the full covers thing ever since Coverflow was announced. There are two free sites, wiitdb as you mention, and www.muntrue.nl that both have the full covers ready and raring to go.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
No, not to download the CFG.txt, but to create one (and modify it if I want to), like if I change the GUI from 2 to 3 rows, I want to save that configuration, without opening the SD on my PC and editing the CFG.txt

You know, I was thinking along the same lines last night, but in a slightly different direction. Recently, someone released a bootmii ini configurator app that can be launched from the HBC and allow you to turn on/off specifics and save it to the bootmii ini file. It's simply convenient to do it right from the wii without having to take the sd out, pop it on the PC, open notepad and edit it manually. Not only that, but with the VAST amount of configuration options that usbloader cfg already has, I personally think an app like this is much needed. If I knew something more than simple programming I would take on the task myself, but it is a little too much for me. Maybe someone feels like writing a config.txt configurator for the wii?

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, I completely missed that. How can I set the coverflow guis with reflections as the default gui? I have gui_style = flow set in the config, which loads a cover flow, but not one of the ones with relections.

Cycling through, here are all of the guis that I see: grid i, flow i, flow-z, coverflow with titles angled toward center one, coverflow with all titles facing forward and the center one enlarged, coverflow with titles stepping back and to the right, coverflow with titles moving from the top left corner to the bottom left corner, coverflow carousel. the only things I know how to enable by default are grid i, flow i, and flow-z

On a side note, I would like to add a feature request that all guis enable scrolling by moving the cursor to the left or right of the screen. Some do this, but others make you push the direction pad to navigate.

usptactical said:
cu_shane said:

There are reflections on the coverflow covers in most themes. I'm not sure where the grid reflection would go since it's supposed to give the impression of being on a wall, or even floating in space.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
zektor said:
ether2802 said:

You know, I was thinking along the same lines last night, but in a slightly different direction. Recently, someone released a bootmii ini configurator app that can be launched from the HBC and allow you to turn on/off specifics and save it to the bootmii ini file. It's simply convenient to do it right from the wii without having to take the sd out, pop it on the PC, open notepad and edit it manually. Not only that, but with the VAST amount of configuration options that usbloader cfg already has, I personally think an app like this is much needed. If I knew something more than simple programming I would take on the task myself, but it is a little too much for me. Maybe someone feels like writing a config.txt configurator for the wii?

The thing on doing it from the loader instead of an external app, is that if a new option comes in a new revision of the loader, then the editor would need an update too, that's why I tough in the editor inside the loader...!!
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cu_shane said:
You're right, I completely missed that. How can I set the coverflow guis with reflections as the default gui? I have gui_style = flow set in the config, which loads a cover flow, but not one of the ones with relections.
As mentioned several times in the last few pages, you can't yet. Coverflow is still kind of in beta. I assume the option will appear in the next release once the code dump bugs are fully sorted out.

QUOTEOn a side note, I would like to add a feature request that all guis enable scrolling by moving the cursor to the left or right of the screen. Some do this, but others make you push the direction pad to navigate.
usptactical has already said this will happen soon, once the other problems are sorted out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...