Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
The game does not work from usb for now. It requires a working IOS Reload blocker, or being played from (partched) disc.

So, hermes cios 222 reload block is not always working?
Or is there some other problem related to that?
The hermes cios 222 reload block sure does seem to help HOTD 2...

Oh and Mr. WiiPower guy, another question if I may:

Is there any requirement/limitation on the memory location of the alt. dol?
Does it have to be in either MEM1 / MEM2, or is it not important?
If I see correctly it is then transferred to the location defined with dolfile->text_start, dolfile->data_start and dolfile->bss_start, but what if that clashes with anything that is being used by the loader? Well, even if anything is overwritten, the control will soon be moved to the game, so the probability of anything seriously clashing is low, but still it makes me wonder...

And, again thanks for all the hints and help!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
Thanks everyone for all the testing reports!
It is vital for the development, since I don't have all these games to test!
smile.gif

So, all seems to work fine now?
If so I can make the 32b2 be the 32 release, and make the complete package.

btw, I'm sorry there is still no "favorite games" option, but I just wanted to take care game compatibility first!
I'll add the favorites in next release.
smile.gif

You did the right thing. Compatibility is always the highest priority.
yay.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
The game does not work from usb for now. It requires a working IOS Reload blocker, or being played from (partched) disc.

So, hermes cios 222 reload block is not always working?
Or is there some other problem related to that?
The hermes cios 222 reload block sure does seem to help HOTD 2...

Oh and Mr. WiiPower guy, another question if I may:

Is there any requirement/limitation on the memory location of the alt. dol?
Does it have to be in either MEM1 / MEM2, or is it not important?
If I see correctly it is then transferred to the location defined with dolfile->text_start, dolfile->data_start and dolfile->bss_start, but what if that clashes with anything that is being used by the loader? Well, even if anything is overwritten, the control will soon be moved to the game, so the probability of anything seriously clashing is low, but still it makes me wonder...

And, again thanks for all the hints and help!

.dols have fixed memory addresses where they have to be copied to. If you copy the .dol to another memory area, it's not working. Hmm, when i think about it, i think that's the reason why some of games that work with alternative .dol loading work on some loaders and not on others. The loader .dol can be moved to another location in memory.

In the rvl.ld, change:
CODE
ÂÂÂÂ/* default base address */
ÂÂÂÂ/* use -Wl,--section-start,.init=0xADDRESS to change */
ÂÂÂÂ. = 0x80dfff00;
To the memory area you want to use. If your loader does not have a rvl.ld file in the same folder as the makefile, look at NeoGamma's makefile how to tell the compiler to search one there and then copy the rvl.ld from libogc to your source.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
.dols have fixed memory addresses where they have to be copied to. If you copy the .dol to another memory area, it's not working. Hmm, when i think about it, i think that's the reason why some of games that work with alternative .dol loading work on some loaders and not on others. The loader .dol can be moved to another location in memory.

In the rvl.ld, change:
Code:
ÂÂÂÂ/* default base address */
ÂÂÂÂ/* use -Wl,--section-start,.init=0xADDRESS to change */
ÂÂÂÂ. = 0x80dfff00;
To the memory area you want to use. If your loader does not have a rvl.ld file in the same folder as the makefile, look at NeoGamma's makefile how to tell the compiler to search one there and then copy the rvl.ld from libogc to your source.

I have this in the makefile:

LDFLAGS = $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map,--section-start,.init=0x80a0010

Is that ok?
That is what original Waninkoko loader uses, I did not change that.
It seems to be working fine for now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, then you can change the base address there directly. If you now the base address of your loader and you know the memory areas of the loaded .dol, you could make assumptions if there are collisions. Or just let people test the problem games with modified base addresses. Hmm, theoretically everything above 0x81330000 should be fine for the loader, but i think the HBC does not like it. And the loader that loads the usb loader has to be somehwere too...You see the whole stuff is pretty complicated. There were no problems with that till now(maybe still?), because the games ALL have low base addresses, while the loaders have high ones.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Memory_Map

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
just updated to latest rev and all games working now MSR and HOTD 2 finally sorted.last note when exiting hotd 2 back to the wii menu vai home button the wii freezes black scrren and remote loses sync...have to unplug to correct .........any one having the same issue ?

ps aint got anyother 002 fix games or reloads to test but awesome loader oggzzee

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'dn't want to seem like a total noob here, but I have red steel and I've been reading about what it requires in order to play. So my questions are these? Do I need to turn on the 002b fix, ios reload blocking and the use alt dol options? Secondly, where can I get this alt .dol. I have an iso rip of the game backed up on my computer.

Is there a place to download these .dol files or is there an app that will get them for you?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
Ok, I'dn't want to seem like a total noob here, but I have red steel and I've been reading about what it requires in order to play. So my questions are these? Do I need to turn on the 002b fix, ios reload blocking and the use alt dol options? Secondly, where can I get this alt .dol. I have an iso rip of the game backed up on my computer.

Is there a place to download these .dol files or is there an app that will get them for you?
If you are on rev 13 (not 13b), you should only need the alt .dol option, I think. If it doesn't work alone, also use the reload blocking.

You won't find links to the .dol files, it's against the rules here. To get the alternative .dol file, use WiiScrubber to search the iso and find a file called .dol where is anything except "main". The name is different for every game. Don't forget to rename it to the .dol format cfg UL needs.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested with RedSteel, Boogie and SSX Blur. Everything works GREAT now! Being able to save the other options is a very very good thing too. Outstanding work! Thanks you!

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am using the latest b2 version of this loader and despite my efforts I cannot get redsteel to load. Every time I try to load the game it says that the alt .dol file loaded ok and then it just shows a half dark half green screen and freezes there. However if I turn of the alt .dol A blank licensed by Nintendo screen appears but it freezes at that point.

Have I done something wrong. I used wiiscrubber 1.4 to get the dol (I grabbed the first non main.dol .dol file I find). I've tried with and without ios blocking. I've tried with and without the 002 fix and all ended up the same way. That same frozen screen.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Ok, I am using the latest b2 version of this loader and despite my efforts I cannot get redsteel to load. Every time I try to load the game it says that the alt .dol file loaded ok and then it just shows a half dark half green screen and freezes there. However if I turn of the alt .dol A blank licensed by Nintendo screen appears but it freezes at that point.

Have I done something wrong. I used wiiscrubber 1.4 to get the dol (I grabbed the first non main.dol .dol file I find). I've tried with and without ios blocking. I've tried with and without the 002 fix and all ended up the same way. That same frozen screen.

Is the dol named correctly? (REDE.dol)

You did copy this into the usb-loader folder on the root of your card?

Are you running cIOS 13a? (this is what I am using)

I do not have to change any other option other than alt dol loading to get RedSteel to run on my rev13a setup.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
DaFees said:

Is the dol named correctly? (REDE.dol)

You did copy this into the usb-loader folder on the root of your card?

Are you running cIOS 13a? (this is what I am using)

I do not have to change any other option other than alt dol loading to get RedSteel to run on my rev13a setup.

I've done all of this and as far as I can tell I am running 13a. How could I check if I do in fact have 13a or if I accidentally installed 13b?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v32 (release)

http://sharebee.com/70d0edc4

Changes:

Since last beta2:

- New default theme: BlueMatrix (by Narolez)
- New HBC icon (by Matriculated)

Since last release 31c:

- fix for alt.dol out of memory issues
- 002 fix option (002b variant)
- Updated ios222/223-mload ehci module and dip plugin to uLoader 2.1 version
- Split VIDTV option from video modes
- new game compatibility options:
vidtv = [0], 1
fix_002 = [0], 1
block_ios_reload = [0], 1
alt_dol = [0], 1
- Remeber saved settings for the above game options
- Alternative .dol loading option (from NeoGamma by WiiPower)
Loaded from loader base dir GAMEID.dol (4 letter ID)
[ default: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.dol ]
- Sam & Max fix (by WiiPower) (not working)
- Updated ios22[23]-mload ehci module from uLoader 2.0
- Init wpad after ios reload, so that confirm_ocarina doesn't hang
- Block IOS Reload option
(works only with IOS 222-mload or 223-mload)

Source:

http://sharebee.com/c4c9dbe0

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
cfg v32 (release)

http://sharebee.com/70d0edc4

Changes:

Since last beta2:

- New default theme: BlueMatrix (by Narolez)
- New HBC icon (by Matriculated)

Since last release 31c:

- fix for alt.dol out of memory issues
- 002 fix option (002b variant)
- Updated ios222/223-mload ehci module and dip plugin to uLoader 2.1 version
- Split VIDTV option from video modes
- new game compatibility options:
vidtv = [0], 1
fix_002 = [0], 1
block_ios_reload = [0], 1
alt_dol = [0], 1
- Remeber saved settings for the above game options
- Alternative .dol loading option (from NeoGamma by WiiPower)
Loaded from loader base dir GAMEID.dol (4 letter ID)
[ default: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.dol ]
- Sam & Max fix (by WiiPower) (not working)
- Updated ios22[23]-mload ehci module from uLoader 2.0
- Init wpad after ios reload, so that confirm_ocarina doesn't hang
- Block IOS Reload option
(works only with IOS 222-mload or 223-mload)

Source:

http://sharebee.com/c4c9dbe0

I found display problem in the Ultimate Loader Theme, not all options are displayed due to the limited displaying region. Would you please put the Global option part to somewhere else (e.g. page 2 of the option menu) ?

Many Thanks !

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TeenTin said:
I found display problem in the Ultimate Loader Theme, not all options are displayed due to the limited displaying region. Would you please put the Global option part to somewhere else (e.g. page 2 of the option menu) ?
Many Thanks !

Yeah, there are so many options now it takes a lot of space!
And there will be more (favorites
wink.gif
... )
Yes, I will split game and global config.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...