Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
Are both magic words inside the memory before the apploader code? The 1st is at the end of the disc id(which is 0x20 bytes long) and the 2nd one is at 0x80000020.

This is the 2nd one right:

*(vu32*)0x80000020 = 0xD15EA5E; // Boot from DVD

(DISEASE? lol!
biggrin.gif
)
Yes, I have that.

I can't find the first one :|

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
Are both magic words inside the memory before the apploader code? The 1st is at the end of the disc id(which is 0x20 bytes long) and the 2nd one is at 0x80000020.

This is the 2nd one right:

*(vu32*)0x80000020 = 0xD15EA5E; // Boot from DVD

(DISEASE? lol!
biggrin.gif
)
Yes, I have that.

I can't find the first one :|

You can write it directly into memory:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Memory_Map

But i recommend just reading the whole 0x20 bytes of the disc id into the memory.

And i did not look into the source, i repeat, it has to be in memory BEFORE the apploader code.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
How do I do this? rev13 isn't showing up as an option under the ios option under this loader.
It's IOS249, the default. All the Waninkoko cIOSes (cIOS36 rev9/10, cIOS38 rev 12/13/13b) install as IOS249.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
You can write it directly into memory:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Memory_Map

But i recommend just reading the whole 0x20 bytes of the disc id into the memory.

And i did not look into the source, i repeat, it has to be in memory BEFORE the apploader code.

You mean these:

0x80000018 4 0x5D1C9EA3 Disc layout magic (Wii)
0x8000001C 4 0xC2339F3D Disc layout magic (GC)

both? or just the Wii one?
Well, the discid (at 0x80000000) size 0x20 is read from the disc, so I take it these magic values should be there already, unless it was ripped incorrectly, right? And yes, it is read before apploader so, i don't know what could be wrong.
I haven't found in your code where you set this explicitly, if you do?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
I just read the disc id completely as i advised.

Where do you hide your source code?

So, do I, i think:

return WDVD_ReadDiskId(diskid):

static u32 outbuf[8] ATTRIBUTE_ALIGN(32);
ret = IOS_Ioctl(di_fd, IOCTL_DI_READID, inbuf, sizeof(inbuf), outbuf, sizeof(outbuf));
memcpy(id, outbuf, sizeof(dvddiskid));

A few posts above:

QUOTE(oggzee @ Jun 20 2009, 12:39 PM) For the interested, here's the latest source of cfg 32a2:
http://sharebee.com/edcd933a

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dr. Clipper, I tried loading the game with ios249 and well so far I've had no skipping (if I see otherwise I'll let you know). Also my mic worked perfectly with ios249 so that is good as well.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
if u don't mind ....great work wiipower on the anti002 fix........MSR NOW WORKS ON MY GX LOADER USING REV 9...........oggzee could u implement this in your next release............
one question thou i tested out HOTD 2 and it worked using ios reload on ....but now since i updated to c32a2 it has stopped again just get ios 222.MLOAD.......
IOS Reload Blocked and system freezes...
WENT BACK TO REV 32A1 AND STILL NOTHING..HAVE NOTiced that settings for game will not save ...every time i go back ios reload is set to off even thought i set it to on and save the settings.......well its gettin late.off to bed ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hotd 2 SETTING ShOULD THis BE CIOS 249 OR 222 either way reload ios will not stay on when i save settings....

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REALDEAL said:
hotd 2 SETTING ShOULD THis BE CIOS 249 OR 222 either way reload ios will not stay on when i save settings....

It should be 222. I saved settings on this game tonight and while the cIOS change to 222-mload saves, you have to set block IOS reload to "on" each time as the setting for this does not save.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
REALDEAL said:

It should be 222. I saved settings on this game tonight and while the cIOS change to 222-mload saves, you have to set block IOS reload to "on" each time as the setting for this does not save.

thanx m8 i'll test again........woz to tired last night...........

Posts merged

zektor said:
QUOTE(REALDEAL @ Jun 20 2009, 08:35 PM)

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
kavid said:
it is extrembly imports to add fix "erro 002 " in configurable usb loader.

i agree. please add that option asap! with that option it would make the loader even more perfect for me. im loving it. runs everything so far :-D

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
REALDEAL said:
zektor said:
REALDEAL said:

Posts merged

zektor said:
QUOTE(REALDEAL @ Jun 20 2009, 08:35 PM)

thanx m8 i'll test again........woz too tired last night...........

ok did not work set the game to run on cios 222 and ios reload turned on but just says blocked....and reboots

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heya Oggzee

little comment :
why you choose to make alt dol with 4 letters and not the total name of ID (6 letters)
I think this cause trouble with guy have NTSC and PAL version
And other loader like uloader or GX have 6 letters for alt.dol

Do you change this ?

I test cfg32a2 with MySim Racing, and it is ok with Cios rev13
great JOB

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v32b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/b21dcff3

- 002 fix option (002b variant)
- Updated ios222/223-mload ehci module and dip plugin to uLoader 2.1 version
- Split VIDTV option from video modes
- new game compatibility options:
vidtv = [0], 1
fix_002 = [0], 1
block_ios_reload = [0], 1
alt_dol = [0], 1
- Remeber saved settings for the above game options

Please test the 002 fix option with the games that require it and let me know how it works.
See: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307
Problem category 2 („002b“ games)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jodiskett said:
heya Oggzee

little comment :
why you choose to make alt dol with 4 letters and not the total name of ID (6 letters)
I think this cause trouble with guy have NTSC and PAL version
And other loader like uloader or GX have 6 letters for alt.dol

Do you change this ?

I test cfg32a2 with MySim Racing, and it is ok with Cios rev13
great JOB

It won't cause ntsc/pal problems, because that is determined by the 4th letter.
In fact the last 2 letters will be the same for same game but different region because that last 2 letters define the company id.
For example, Mortal Kombat:
Pal: RKMP5D
Ntsc: RKME5D
Btw, NeoGamma uses only the first 4 letters as well, and the alt-dol was based on NeoGamma code, not GX.

Thanks for the report about MySims, glad to hear it works, although, I thought that game required the new 002b fix, which is in cfg 32b. Well, if it works without it then even better
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?