tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hispanico said:
P.S.
I see that OLD Channels & Forwarders are not more used and there is a NEW Forwarder (USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v6.wad) but only wad file...and dol ?
You have to have usbloader already installed (in /apps/usbloader on your SD card). The .wad is installed via WadManager. After that you have a channel that points to the installed usbloader in your Wii menu.

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
hispanico said:
P.S.
I see that OLD Channels & Forwarders are not more used and there is a NEW Forwarder (USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v6.wad) but only wad file...and dol ?
You have to have usbloader already installed (in /apps/usbloader on your SD card). The .wad is installed via WadManager. After that you have a channel that points to the installed usbloader in your Wii menu.
Okay and thank

Hispa

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KINGOFNOOBS said:
Hey everyone, I have a few questions.

I have a 1.5TB hard drive that I'm trying to use to play backups on my Wii. I've already softmodded my wii (or I think I have, I can run Homebrew Channel and all of that).

Currently, I have my hard drive set up like:

ohnoes.png
\wbfs\Mario Kart Wii\RMCP01.iso

but when I plug in my hard drive to the Wii it says that the file is not found. Any ideas? The hard drive is formatted ntfs. Thanks in advance everyone.

Try wbfs\Mario Kart Wii [RMCP01]\RMCP01.iso

Also I'm not sure about this but why not rip it to a .wbsf file? They are quite a bit smaller than .iso unless the .iso is scrubbed.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pepxl said:
done what you said and the debug text spits out the correct paths for everything set in the config.txt but nothing is being applied apart from the theme and also it is reporting that the background must file cannot be found yet its looking in the correct directory, now when i revert back to v60 everything is perfect and correct, ive even put the sd:/usb-loader/config.txt in the meta.txt but that doesnt seem to solve why covers and BGM are not being read
is there a way to spit out the debug results to .txt for you to take a look
Can you start v60 select device: SD go to partition selection and make a screenshot
then start v61 and do the same and post both screenshots.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi oggzee! Have you been keeping up with PS3 homebrew developments. There are a range of backup loaders available and being developed in the PS3 Homebrew scene BUT a major hurdle seems to be that there is only FAT32 external usb support so any games with any individual files bigger than 4GB have to be installed and run from the internal hard drive. I know you developed/worked on the .wbfs format for Wii backup loading. Just thinking this type of container would resolve the current issue with PS3 backup loading ... Any chance of seeing the team here work on developing a Configurable USB Loader for the PS3 ???
smile.gif
(very wishful thinking)
smile.gif
hehe

cambridge_red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I'm trying to force a Pal .iso backup on my usb (works fine with standard ntsc backups) to work on a NTSC Wii. Everything works and looks fine when I load the game, except a portion of the bottom of the screen is cut off.. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I have the latest cfg loader installed

WiiZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone with a bit of experience in the area give me a hand in applying a texture hack to SSBB?
I grabbed the .gct from Meowmix and put it into the cfg-loader/codes dir on USB.
I enabled Ocarina in cfg loader (Unsure of hook type?)
I grabbed the various hack files in .pac and .pcs format
I setup the correct folder and naming structure on both USB and SD (being unsure of which to use - went with both to cover my bases)

All of this has seemingly done nothing for me yet. Cfg loader tells me it found the codes file when it starts loading, so I have some indication that I art least have the .gct in the right place. I don't know if anything else I did has any effect...

This should work if done right, correct? Any ideas as to what I did wrong?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cambridge_red said:
Hey guys I'm trying to force a Pal .iso backup on my usb (works fine with standard ntsc backups) to work on a NTSC Wii. Everything works and looks fine when I load the game, except a portion of the bottom of the screen is cut off.. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I have the latest cfg loader installed
It's probably a problem with your TV not being able to display the partial PAL signal. If the TV supports 480p and you have the proper cables, try setting both 'Video' to 'ntsc' and 'Video Patch' to 'all' to force 480p mode instead. The game/TV might accept that better.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
danweb said:
I have tried very hard to google it and search on this site for it but i just can't seem to find my answer so i will ask.

My overall aim is to run Kirby's epic yarn NTSC on my Pal 4.2E wii.

I have been having issues running it on configurable usb loader, it froze at the loading screen for making a new game save file every time. I had a look at the topic for the release of the game and everyone why said that it was working was using USB loader GX so i downloaded it and gave it a try. With every game i try to run with it, it has a glitch up of something where green stripes are at the top or bottom of the screen. I tried running cIOS249 rev19 installer as recommended by the USB loader GX web page and the same problem is still there.

Does anyone know how to get USB loader GX running or alternatively, how to get Kirby's epic yarn working in any way. (also, i have one of the wiis with the new disc drive.)

Thanks in advance and sorry that i couldn't find the answer,
DanWeb

can no one help me?

sadsack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

had to do a softmod for a friend of mine, who happens to be on 4.2e, I am trying to get music to play using the latest version of con usb loader,
this is from my own wii using v57,
theme = BlueMatrix
music = usb:/music
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
unlock_password =
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full
sort = title-asc
device = usb
widescreen = auto
background = background.png
wbackground = background.png
background_base = bg_gui.png
wbackground_base = bg_gui.png
background_gui = bg_gui.png
wbackground_gui = bg_gui.png
layout = large3
cover_style = 3d
color_header = 14
color_footer = 8
color_selected_fg = 0
color_selected_bg = 7
color_inactive = 8
color_help = 11
console_transparent = 1
cursor = " "
menu_plus = " "
hide_header = 1
hide_footer = 1
gui_text_color = white
fat_install_dir = 1

and this runs a treat, music plays, gui style works well, so I tried to use the same version on the latest ver of configurable, this is where the problems start,
totally no music.. although it loads the correct theme which is "Blue Matrix" the gui does not go to the "Flow" style but only a box style with games listed. I then have to knob a bout to get it to go to flow style.
so I kinda know there is some incompatibility between v57 and the latest but could anyone please tell me what it is, my own wii is still at 4.1e and I only update a few ios's when necessary.
but my friends 4.2e had to have a lot more done to it in comparison. I have tried The Configurator but had no luck at all.

any guidance would be very much appreciated..
and if anyone needs more info please ask...

ttfn

sadsack

amines2058

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
amines2058 said:
Yes I installed the version that came with the regular zip file. I reflashed my 2 year old softmod using modmii as if it was a virgin wii, according to installed files from the modmii guide cIOS249[56]-v20 was installed. I think i installed 222 with 38 not '38 merged with 37', as the 38 option had recommended against it in the installer. Have I done wrong? By the way thanks for the help it is much appreciated!

You're welcome.
wink.gif

Okay, I made the same steps you made with ModMii, to see which specific IOSes you downloaded.

So you have cIOS249 installed. You can try two things:

1) Reinstall 222v4 choosing "38 merged with 37" instead of simple 38;

2) Add "ios = 249" to CFG's config.txt file.

By the way, option 1) is useful because gives better compatibility.

Ok tried the above (took a while sorry) 2 more questions now as my shutting off wiimote problem on CFG bootup is still evident:

1) Do I install 222 / 223v4 to cios249 or 236, have installed to 236 as I believed that was my patched ios from using modmii? If installing to 236 is wrong do I just re-install to 249 or do I have to delete 236 installs first?

2) Do I literally add a new line saying 'ios = 249 to the config file as have also done this, or do I need to add a hash in front? Can this be done through CFG loader configurator?

Thanks again for any help you can give.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
ok if i remeber a new forwarder channel was given out v6 i think i still have v4 which implemented usb 2.0, how do i go about uninstalling that and installing v6?

Just install the new one. They have the same ID so it will overwrite.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
amines2058 said:
Ok tried the above (took a while sorry) 2 more questions now as my shutting off wiimote problem on CFG bootup is still evident:

1) Do I install 222 / 223v4 to cios249 or 236, have installed to 236 as I believed that was my patched ios from using modmii? If installing to 236 is wrong do I just re-install to 249 or do I have to delete 236 installs first?

2) Do I literally add a new line saying 'ios = 249 to the config file as have also done this, or do I need to add a hash in front? Can this be done through CFG loader configurator?

Thanks again for any help you can give.

1) When you say "install to", do you mean "install on" (that is: replacing it)?
If yes, don't worry, because Hermes' v4 cIOSes install only in 222-223 slots. So, just install 222, being careful only to use the "38 merged with 37" option.
As regards 249 and 236, leave them where they are.
smile.gif

2) Yes, you can use the Configurator. I advice you to use it, so you are sure the option will be written in the right way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...