Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are the Selectable intro's used?

Can they be used with a forwader that launches from Priiloader?

Does anyone have a sample meta.xml file I can see?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sacohen9665 said:
How are the Selectable intro's used?

Can they be used with a forwader that launches from Priiloader?

Does anyone have a sample meta.xml file I can see?

It's very easy, it's like this:

intro=3 #this is the old greyscale image for example

Here is the dol from my forwarder v6, it's priiloader compatible:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5d525ymorj2hcj

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
It's very easy, it's like this:
QUOTE said:

intro=3 #this is the old greyscale image for example

Here is the dol from my forwarder v6, it's priiloader compatible:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5d525ymorj2hcj

Thanks FIX94

Where would the meta.xml file go?

I'm using CFG USB loader on a FAT partition of my USB drive does it go in the CFG folder under the apps folder.

Forgive me if my path isn't exactly correct, I'm at work and trying to do that from memory.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sacohen9665 said:
Thanks FIX94

I'm using CFG USB loader on a FAT partition of my USB drive does it go in the CFG folder under the apps folder.

Forgive me if my path isn't exactly correct, I'm at work and trying to do that from memory.
The meta.xml should be in your cfg folder in the apps folder. Simply edit the meta.xml in the folder, I'm sure there is one.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Already asked this on the IRC channel, but is it possible to add compatibility with external DVD readers? Hermes added it on uLoader, I don't know if you can use the source code as a base.

If this already works in the loader, just don't pay attention to my post. Keep up the good work, btw.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Thanks FIX94

The meta.xml should be in your cfg folder in the apps folder. Simply edit the meta.xml in the folder, I'm sure there is one.

Thanks man it worked perfectly.

Snowii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you change the 'loading' screen pic, I can't seem to find the default 'loading' picture file, so I can overwrite it with the new one I have from gbatmp.

thanks for your time, Snowii
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Snowii said:
How do you change the 'loading' screen pic, I can't seem to find the default 'loading' picture file, so I can overwrite it with the new one I have from gbatmp.

thanks for your time, Snowii
wink.gif
You can choose from 4 preset images via the intro argument in meta.xml. There is no way to provide your own without compiling your own version as Cfg is initialising during that time and the file system is initiated right at the end. To set the intro argument in meta.xml, use the Configurator (which doesn't currently support the new intro=4 argument, but will soon).

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I got some question in my mind. Do i have to uninstall my old forwarder and then install the new one? And can the new one read files directly from a NTFS disk?(I think it can but just doing a double-check) And last of all, is it similar to the one made by pepxl?

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just switched over to CFG USB Loader, got two questions I can't figure out.

1) How do I set game settings globally? (I want all games set to Force NTSC (etc) so I don't have to set it up and save it for each game individually.

2) Is there a cover flow menu option? I can only get the standard box on left, list on right... or the pan of 10 covers per page.

3) Some PAL games have an issue where it 'lowers' the screen and cuts off some of the bottom... any fix for this? Super Mario All-Stars, I can't see the floor I'm walking on. G1 Jockey 2008, cuts off the bottom and right edges, also has an issue with displaying some/most of the text. Any tips/fixes would be great. When I load these games I'm using: IOS249 (r20) [FRAG] w/ base IOS57 (rev20 mload v1.0)... Force NTSC, Video Patch On, VIDTV On, Country Fix On, Anti 002 Fix On... that's the standard settings I use to load 100% of my games.

Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DarkStriker said:
I got some question in my mind. Do i have to uninstall my old forwarder and then install the new one? And can the new one read files directly from a NTFS disk?(I think it can but just doing a double-check) And last of all, is it similar to the one made by pepxl?
Which forwarder do you use? You can install the new one, but it could be that your old forwarder will be overwritten. Yes, it can read directly from NTFS, but you can't update from the loader, you must download the update manually. Sorry, I don't have pepxl's forwarder, but you will see it
yaywii.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DjFIL said:
Just switched over to CFG USB Loader, got two questions I can't figure out.

1) How do I set game settings globally? (I want all games set to Force NTSC (etc) so I don't have to set it up and save it for each game individually.

2) Is there a cover flow menu option? I can only get the standard box on left, list on right... or the pan of 10 covers per page.

3) Some PAL games have an issue where it 'lowers' the screen and cuts off some of the bottom... any fix for this? Super Mario All-Stars, I can't see the floor I'm walking on. G1 Jockey 2008, cuts off the bottom and right edges, also has an issue with displaying some/most of the text. Any tips/fixes would be great. When I load these games I'm using: IOS249 (r20) [FRAG] w/ base IOS57 (rev20 mload v1.0)... Force NTSC, Video Patch On, VIDTV On, Country Fix On, Anti 002 Fix On... that's the standard settings I use to load 100% of my games.

Thanks.
1) Use config.txt. That's also where the other 100 or so options that can't be set within Cfg can be found. For more info on the options, check out the Configurator from my sig or this tutorial page.

2) Yes. In the GUI, you can use D-pad down to switch views. You can save the view you like best on the global settings page (push 1 twice then 2 to save). You can also set the gui_style variable in settings.cfg or config.txt.

3) You don't want to be using the Anti 002 fix for that revision of IOS249. VIDTV, Country Patch and Video Patch are almost certainly unnecessary for most PAL games on NTSC. You should try playing the games with video set to System Default at first and only switch that if they don't work. If you have your Wii set up with component cables and a TV that supports 480p, then you could also try setting both Video to NTSC and Video Patch to All. That's the method to force 480p.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
FIX94 said:
DarkStriker said:
Which forwarder do you use? You can install the new one, but it could be that your old forwarder will be overwritten. Yes, it can read directly from NTFS, but you can't update from the loader, you must download the update manually. Sorry, I don't have pepxl's forwarder, but you will see it
yaywii.gif
Im using the one from the wiki made by pepxl. Do i install it the same way like all wads and just launch it right away? And should i uninstall it and then install it or just overwrite the one made by pepxl? I might sound noobish but i prefer to not have a bricked wii =) And by update you mean i replace the CFG loader files with the new ones? If so then that is what ive been doing for all the updates so far xD.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DarkStriker said:
Im using the one from the wiki made by pepxl. Do i install it the same way like all wads and just launch it right away? And should i uninstall it and then install it or just overwrite the one made by pepxl? I might sound noobish but i prefer to not have a bricked wii =) And by update you mean i replace the CFG loader files with the new ones? If so then that is what ive been doing for all the updates so far xD.
Simply install the wad and that's it!

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Knocks said:
Is it possible to support a titles.txt in Unicode so that Japanese titles could be used for Japanese games?
titles.txt in Unicode is already supported. It just uses a limited character set that does not contain the Asian fonts:
font_uni.png

The code for supporting TTF is too memory intensive to add at the moment, so that limits the abilities to display Japanese and Chinese titles. We could add Hiragana and Katakana using our current font system, but there's just too much Kanji to use the current method feasibly.

Hey guys, this is from February. Is the loader optimized enough now to expand the supported Unicode character set?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
Hey guys, this is from February. Is the loader optimized enough now to expand the supported Unicode character set?
Yes, we fixed that issue a while back. It doesn't support TTF fonts, but it does support a complete Unicode character set and the Configurator tool is able to create character sets from any TTF font if the default one doesn't suit your purposes.

More information can be found in the languages thread for Cfg. In particular:

QUOTEThe remainder of the Unicode font set is encoded in the file unifont.dat. This file changes the look of the font in both the console and the GUI. The Configurator can generate this file from an existing font. The characters that appear here must be of the size 8*16 or 16*16, but they are scaled to the size of the GUI font when used in the GUI. To use this font, you must add "load_unifont=1" to your config.txt

amines2058

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK guys back again, following previous posts have done modmii to update my softmod, and installed CFG v61. Following this when I first run CFG I had Error Custom IOS 222 could not be loaded. I re-installed 222/223 V4 over V5 (V5 was with modmii) and now cfg starts HDD is recognised, and my games are visible. My problem now is that when CFG starts my wiimote turns off, and back on during loading, and then turns off and will not turn back on once games are on screen?? Any ideas please thanks, as I now can see my games but cannot play them.

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wanted to break up the tech support to thank the creators of this great loader.

Most compatible, most reliable and always the first to break copy protections. Thanks Guys

Keep up the good work!

CFG rocks

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
amines2058 said:
OK guys back again, following previous posts have done modmii to update my softmod, and installed CFG v61. Following this when I first run CFG I had Error Custom IOS 222 could not be loaded. I re-installed 222/223 V4 over V5 (V5 was with modmii) and now cfg starts HDD is recognised, and my games are visible. My problem now is that when CFG starts my wiimote turns off, and back on during loading, and then turns off and will not turn back on once games are on screen?? Any ideas please thanks, as I now can see my games but cannot play them.

Let's see if I guess: are you using the "-222" version of CFG? If yes, try using the normal one, and then use cIOS 222 only in games that require it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night