Hacking Configurable USB Loader

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
I'm using the last forwarder release (v6). It takes very long to start after I moved the usbloader dir to my NTFS drive. Adding a load command for ntfs://usbloader/config.txt to meta.xml makes it start as fast as usual from HBC but the forwarder is pretty slow... is that new forwarder intended to fix that "issue"?
@Fix94: did you read that question? I'd like to use the forwarder but it really takes ages...
This also occurs to me if I return to the channel from within a game.

amines2058

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Let's see if I guess: are you using the "-222" version of CFG? If yes, try using the normal one, and then use cIOS 222 only in games that require it.

I did not download the -222.dol version just the CFG USB Loader 61.zip, which I imagine would contain the 222 correct version. Looking at the downloads I would have to specifically download the -222 version, and I have checked and did not do this? Have I perhaps reinstalled the incorrect cios 222/223 when reinstalling from V5 down to V4?

Do I need to change the cios that CFG starts with? If so how do I do this, newbie question so if I am talking out of my rear end let me know!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
amines2058 said:
wiixale said:
Let's see if I guess: are you using the "-222" version of CFG? If yes, try using the normal one, and then use cIOS 222 only in games that require it.

I did not download the -222.dol version just the CFG USB Loader 61.zip, which I imagine would contain the 222 correct version. Looking at the downloads I would have to specifically download the -222 version, and I have checked and did not do this? Have I perhaps reinstalled the incorrect cios 222/223 when reinstalling from V5 down to V4?

Do I need to change the cios that CFG starts with? If so how do I do this, newbie question so if I am talking out of my rear end let me know!

Okay, let me see if I understood right: do you actually have installed the version that comes with the regular ZIP file? If yes, try adding "ios = 249" in config.txt file, and let us know if everything works.
Obviously I'm assuming that you have Waninkoko's cIOS249 installed.

P.S. When you installed 222v4, which options did you choos? 38 merged with 37 or other?

amines2058

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I installed the version that came with the regular zip file. I reflashed my 2 year old softmod using modmii as if it was a virgin wii, according to installed files from the modmii guide cIOS249[56]-v20 was installed. I think i installed 222 with 38 not '38 merged with 37', as the 38 option had recommended against it in the installer. Have I done wrong? By the way thanks for the help it is much appreciated!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
amines2058 said:
Yes I installed the version that came with the regular zip file. I reflashed my 2 year old softmod using modmii as if it was a virgin wii, according to installed files from the modmii guide cIOS249[56]-v20 was installed. I think i installed 222 with 38 not '38 merged with 37', as the 38 option had recommended against it in the installer. Have I done wrong? By the way thanks for the help it is much appreciated!

You're welcome.
wink.gif

Okay, I made the same steps you made with ModMii, to see which specific IOSes you downloaded.

So you have cIOS249 installed. You can try two things:

1) Reinstall 222v4 choosing "38 merged with 37" instead of simple 38;

2) Add "ios = 249" to CFG's config.txt file.

By the way, option 1) is useful because gives better compatibility.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
I'm using the last forwarder release (v6). It takes very long to start after I moved the usbloader dir to my NTFS drive. Adding a load command for ntfs://usbloader/config.txt to meta.xml makes it start as fast as usual from HBC but the forwarder is pretty slow... is that new forwarder intended to fix that "issue"?
@Fix94: did you read that question? I'd like to use the forwarder but it really takes ages...
You got a pm in german, I hope you can read it
rolleyes.gif
Strange that you have this problem, it was fixed with the newer forwarder source...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FIX94 said:
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
You got a pm in german, I hope you can read it
rolleyes.gif
Strange that you have this problem, it was fixed with the newer forwarder source...

Yes, this is the reason that i don't use the new forwarder. I still use the gray matter one.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
1) Use config.txt. That's also where the other 100 or so options that can't be set within Cfg can be found. For more info on the options, check out the Configurator from my sig or this tutorial page.

2) Yes. In the GUI, you can use D-pad down to switch views. You can save the view you like best on the global settings page (push 1 twice then 2 to save). You can also set the gui_style variable in settings.cfg or config.txt.

3) You don't want to be using the Anti 002 fix for that revision of IOS249. VIDTV, Country Patch and Video Patch are almost certainly unnecessary for most PAL games on NTSC. You should try playing the games with video set to System Default at first and only switch that if they don't work. If you have your Wii set up with component cables and a TV that supports 480p, then you could also try setting both Video to NTSC and Video Patch to All. That's the method to force 480p.

Thank you for this excellent helpful information. Everything looks really great with CFG USB Loader. Gonna try and play further with the video settings for my PAL games... some are still getting edges cut off, and the text in G1 Jockey 2008 isn't displaying properly (or in some places at all).

One more question that's come up. I tried to install the forwarder for CFG USB Loader that is found in the first post on page 1. The channel is there, but when I try to launch it it just goes to black and I have to manually restart my system. I had a loader from USB Loader GX that was working fine. Is there anything I should check to find out why the forwarder isn't working?

Thanks again.

fruitbender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got a seagate hdd in NTFS, meaning no partition because i still want to use it for other purposes besides the wii. i've used the cfg configurator to look for a way to incorporate the covers in the cfg interface, but i haven't found it and im stuck with the plain text only game selection, could any 1 point me the way if there is ? any help is much appreciated.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DjFIL said:
One more question that's come up. I tried to install the forwarder for CFG USB Loader that is found in the first post on page 1. The channel is there, but when I try to launch it it just goes to black and I have to manually restart my system. I had a loader from USB Loader GX that was working fine. Is there anything I should check to find out why the forwarder isn't working?

Thanks again.
You need to install IOS58. Use Dop-Mii or use the IOS58 Installer on Wiibrew.

QUOTE(fruitbender @ Dec 11 2010, 04:11 AM) ive got a seagate hdd in NTFS, meaning no partition because i still want to use it for other purposes besides the wii. i've used the cfg configurator to look for a way to incorporate the covers in the cfg interface, but i haven't found it and im stuck with the plain text only game selection, could any 1 point me the way if there is ? any help is much appreciated.
You do have a partition. It just takes the whole drive. Anyway, it seems you haven't played around too much with the buttons. The B button switches between console and GUI modes. In the GUI mode, pushing D-Down will switch between different layouts of the covers. To download covers, go to the global settings of Cfg (push 1 twice) and then select the "Download All Missing Covers" option. You make it default to the GUI mode with the gui=start option in config.txt and you can set your default GUI layout with the gui_style option in settings.cfg (or just save the global settings after choosing your favourite within Cfg).

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
long time no talk guys, ive just updated from v60 to v62a and now my config.txt isn't being read by cfg yet the only change has been the dol i replaced and nothing else

wondering what changes have been made and how to get this back to the things were, the .dol is at SD:/apps/usblader_cfg where it has always been and the base is at SD:/usb-loader/

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
long time no talk guys, ive just updated from v60 to v62a and now my config.txt isn't being read by cfg yet the only change has been the dol i replaced and nothing else

wondering what changes have been made and how to get this back to the things were, the .dol is at SD:/apps/usblader_cfg where it has always been and the base is at SD:/usb-loader/
Did you happen to add another config.txt file in the apps/usbloader_cfg directory? Please go to the global settings screen in Cfg and tell us where it thinks your config.txt is. You might also want to add debug=1 or use a -dbg version of Cfg to print out more info about the base directory.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pepxl said:

Did you happen to add another config.txt file in the apps/usbloader_cfg directory? Please go to the global settings screen in Cfg and tell us where it thinks your config.txt is. You might also want to add debug=1 or use a -dbg version of Cfg to print out more info about the base directory.

its says the base is SD:/usb-loader/, that's where the config.txt is but it doesn't seem to be reading any custom paths, ill try a debug version of cfg to pinpoint the error

EDIT

just tried moving it to the apps/usbloader_cfg but no change apart from the theme, so the theme path is read but noting else, another Q, where can a find a debug ver of cfg? ive checked the google page but cant seem to see one on there

EDIT

done what you said and the debug text spits out the correct paths for everything set in the config.txt but nothing is being applied apart from the theme and also it is reporting that the background must file cannot be found yet its looking in the correct directory, now when i revert back to v60 everything is perfect and correct, ive even put the sd:/usb-loader/config.txt in the meta.txt but that doesnt seem to solve why covers and BGM are not being read

is there a way to spit out the debug results to .txt for you to take a look

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
its says the base is SD:/usb-loader/, that's where the config.txt is but it doesn't seem to be reading any custom paths, ill try a debug version of cfg to pinpoint the error

EDIT

just tried moving it to the apps/usbloader_cfg but no change apart from the theme, so the theme path is read but noting else, another Q, where can a find a debug ver of cfg? ive checked the google page but cant seem to see one on there

EDIT

done what you said and the debug text spits out the correct paths for everything set in the config.txt but nothing is being applied apart from the theme and also it is reporting that the background must file cannot be found yet its looking in the correct directory, now when i revert back to v60 everything is perfect and correct, ive even put the sd:/usb-loader/config.txt in the meta.txt but that doesnt seem to solve why covers and BGM are not being read

is there a way to spit out the debug results to .txt for you to take a look
Strange... is there perhaps a case sensitivity problem? What format is the drive?

As for .txt debug, you can do that only if you have USB Gecko (which you seem to according to your sig
wink.gif
). Use the debug_gecko=1 or debug_gecko=3 option. 1 will print all debug text, 3 will print both console and debug text.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I have a few questions.

I have a 1.5TB hard drive that I'm trying to use to play backups on my Wii. I've already softmodded my wii (or I think I have, I can run Homebrew Channel and all of that).

Currently, I have my hard drive set up like:

ohnoes.png
\wbfs\Mario Kart Wii\RMCP01.iso

but when I plug in my hard drive to the Wii it says that the file is not found. Any ideas? The hard drive is formatted ntfs. Thanks in advance everyone.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I have tried very hard to google it and search on this site for it but i just can't seem to find my answer so i will ask.

My overall aim is to run Kirby's epic yarn NTSC on my Pal 4.2E wii.

I have been having issues running it on configurable usb loader, it froze at the loading screen for making a new game save file every time. I had a look at the topic for the release of the game and everyone why said that it was working was using USB loader GX so i downloaded it and gave it a try. With every game i try to run with it, it has a glitch up of something where green stripes are at the top or bottom of the screen. I tried running cIOS249 rev19 installer as recommended by the USB loader GX web page and the same problem is still there.

Does anyone know how to get USB loader GX running or alternatively, how to get Kirby's epic yarn working in any way. (also, i have one of the wiis with the new disc drive.)

Thanks in advance and sorry that i couldn't find the answer,
DanWeb

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have some problem on startup... i have 0.61 version.

To launch the USB loader i use an Forwarders (USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-R3) but after it start and logo of USB Loader appear the screen bacame black and i must reset the Wii. This happens not always but random and i don't understand why ?
I have all 4.3 firm and last Ios installed...

Thank
Hispa

P.S.
I see that OLD Channels & Forwarders are not more used and there is a NEW Forwarder (USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v6.wad) but only wad file...and dol ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle