Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
Also, are WiiPower and the CFG Loader team working together now?
WiiPower has had a hand in virtually all the loaders. He has come up with many of the significant tricks (e.g., alt .dol and the initial NSMB patch). Take a look through the change log to see all the improvements he is responsible for.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, impressive. Kudos, WiiPower
laugh.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oggzee when compiling the loader i noticed you get some compiler warnings like this:
warning: dereferencing pointer 'off' does break strict-aliasing rules
I set CFLAGS to -O1 to get rid of these in NeoGamma(i hate complier warnings). From time to time i read about code dumps with your loader, so you may want to try that too. I'd say if the loader still runs at the same speed as before, it won't harm. (@all others, this change would have 0 effects on the games themselves)

TeenTin said:
WiiPower said:
That was faster than i thought, i remember having 100s of test versions for this in NeoGamma before it worked. Anyways, here's the source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?flw1ijbw4m1

I included an "unmodified" source code, because i changed quite a lot code to get it compilable with my libogc. If i were in linux right now i would create a .diff file, but i'm too lazy to reboot my pc. (just in case somebody is wondering why i'm wasting that much bandwith)

So, what is the upper limit of the number of lines of code now ?

Thanks !

It's a little higher now. Even more if you disable the debugger, it's the same now as in the latest Gecko OS. In Brawl+ you are able to use even more lines, because in the gameconfig.txt it is specified where to write the codes for this game, and there's more memory than in the default location. But only the default location is known to work for (almost?) all games.

QUOTE(tylerzentz @ Feb 22 2010, 03:38 AM)
Brawl+ players, are you positive the character PAC files are enabled now, as are the Gameplay Settings Changes found here? Many people are unaware of the effects of these codes and only notice the cosmetic changes (new char roster, buffer strap screen, new menu, "fun speed" loading message) and then they say brawl+ is working. Don't forgot about the gameplay-changing codes.

Also, are WiiPower and the CFG Loader team working together now?

Oggzee is the only backup related dev i really have contact with and we are discussing the one or other new feature for both loaders. Since i kind of talked him into NTFS support, i thought i repay by helping with Brawl+.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
Oggzee when compiling the loader i noticed you get some compiler warnings like this:
I set CFLAGS to -O1 to get rid of these in NeoGamma(i hate complier warnings). From time to time i read about code dumps with your loader, so you may want to try that too. I'd say if the loader still runs at the same speed as before, it won't harm. (@all others, this change would have 0 effects on the games themselves)
I assume you're using a more recent version of devkit, that's why you got the warnings. We're still using devkit v17 which doesn't display any such warnings with cfg.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiixale said:
Excuse me, Oggzee: can I propose my question asked in my previous post?
QUOTE(wiixale @ Feb 21 2010, 10:05 PM) Hi, I would like to ask a question to the CFG team.

I was reading the last uLoader version's changelog, when I noticed the "USB unmount" feature, making me asking: "What about CFG?".
And I forward this question to you: what about CFG? Does it unmount correctly hard drives?
When I shut down CFG and then my Wii, my HD turns off too... "brutally".

I've always had this doubt. Do I have to worry?
If that's FAT unmount then yes cfg does unmount it.
But I haven't looked in detail what that usb unmount is supposed to mean.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i tried to update in loader just few minutes ago

but i only got millions of .....................................
instead of a download

has something changed?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
If that's FAT unmount then yes cfg does unmount it.
But I haven't looked in detail what that usb unmount is supposed to mean.

Thanks for the reply.

I worried about because when I unmount it on Windows it doesn't do that strange noise it does when I shut off the Wii.

EDIT: I noticed that, with the HD connected and on, if I go to NeoGamma, my HD turns off, being unmounted. Who knows why?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
i tried to update in loader just few minutes ago

but i only got millions of .....................................
instead of a download

has something changed?
That's a bug i introduced with v53b and fixed in v53b3.
Sorry about that, you will probably have to update by hand if you have 53b or 53b2.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
I assume you're using a more recent version of devkit, that's why you got the warnings. We're still using devkit v17 which doesn't display any such warnings with cfg.

Sorry, i think i even remember that these warnings came when i updated my libogc. I wonder why this happens, i mean with -O2(what i had before) the complier flag reponsible for the warning should exist on both environments. Yes, i'm no real C coder and i'm blindly guessing.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v53 (release)
cfg53.dol
cfg53-fat.dol
lang53.zip
Cfg_USB_Loader_53.zip
(or online update)

Changes:

cfg v53 (release)

* New option: load_unifont = [0], 1
Specifies if unifont.dat should be loaded or not. unifont.dat contains
all the unicode characters, required for Asian (CJK) language support
so that translation or wiitdb info shows up correctly.
Note: the Latin unicode set is already embedded into the loader,
so to display German, French, Spanish, etc... unifont.dat is not needed
* Renamed the included Chinese translation files according to standard:
SChinese.lang -> ZH_CN.lang (Simplified Chinese)
CHT.lang -> ZH_TW.lang (Traditional Chinese)

cfg v53b3 (beta3)

* Fixed crash with cios222 v5
(happened with this combination: normal cfg.dol
with options: ios=222-mload & partition=wbfs)
* Fixed update progress ... notification

cfg v53b2 (beta2)

* More fixes for handling of corrupted cover images (usptactical)
* Minor translation updates

cfg v53b (beta)

* Better handling of corrupted cover images - they should not crash
the loader anymore and will be renamed to filename.bad (usptactical)
* Japanese / Chinese translation and wiitdb support (oggzee)
A new font file is required for this: unifont.dat
* Removed ISFS from playlog (Clipper)
* Scroll option screens if the console size is too small (Clipper)
* Removed wiiboxart from URLs. (Clipper)
* print cover download url and progress (oggzee)
* force fat freespace update when installing (oggzee)

cfg v53a (alpha)

* cIOS 222/223/224 v5 support
Note: only use 222 for loader, 223 and 224 will freeze if used for loader,
however 223/224 work fine for games. That means, don't put ios=223-mload in
config.txt, but it's ok if it is set for a specific game in options screen.
* New option value for ios: 224-mload
* Support for HDDs with 4k sectors (WBFS partition only)
* Fixed option: home=hbc

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I see that this version doesn't have anything new to translate.

BTW, i want to request something:
- A option to automatically reboot the loader when you update the CFG USB Loader.
- Able to choose in CFG USB Loader menu, what games you want to log in Wii Message Board (in Game Menu Options).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tangalanga said:
Is there a way I can build Hybrid Channel from the lastest version or a link to download it?
Why do you even need one? If you rely on the hybrid then you have no config, no covers and no theme among other things. Just use a forwarder.

In any case, the common answer I see to this is to 'inject the new .dol into the old channel'. Don't ask me how to do that as I have no clue.

tangalanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dr. Clipper said:
tangalanga said:
Is there a way I can build Hybrid Channel from the lastest version or a link to download it?
Why do you even need one? If you rely on the hybrid then you have no config, no covers and no theme among other things. Just use a forwarder.

In any case, the common answer I see to this is to 'inject the new .dol into the old channel'. Don't ask me how to do that as I have no clue.

My usb drive has a NTFS partition, so forward doesn't read app files from there, I must load app from SD Card
So what I need is the full channel (that can read NTFS partitions from v50+), then I put directory structure in the NTFS partition and load covers, etc. from there (I guess). Actual Hybrid channel version I found is 48

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TeenTin said:
No new ocarina in v53 ?

I suspect the changes that WiiPower made were quite big, so it may be a while before oggzee has time to include it.
Although i think he said he would include it in v54a.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit