Hacking Configurable USB Loader

nandekudasai

Trophies
Website
nande.com.ar
XP
Country
Argentina
"Q: Is there any advantage using FAT rather than a WBFS partition?
A: No."
i know it is about the file format, but...
what about : defragmentation and structure check (scandisk)?
besides the fact that i don't need some special app to mount my disk, i can check it out on linux, windows etc, and i can place other files beside my games without having to set a fixed size for each partition?

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
just a suggestion as u have game covers etc have u thort of adding game manuals so u can download and browse them thru the loader

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that SDHC support works within games when using this loader? Trying to do a bit of troubleshooting here. Also, should I be able to choose to load a game from more than just ios 222 or 223?

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok can some please tell me what Im doing wrong because I've been trying to get this thing to work for the past 3 hours (running up and down the stairs) and im starting to get pissed off:

I have Configurable USB Loader installed on homebrew via SD card. And I am trying to get .WBFS files to read and load from USB 2gb Thumb Drive (just as a proof of concept for myself)

ON SD:

/Apps/USBLoader
/usb-loader/

Now according to my understanding in order for Configurable USB Loader to run on my USB Thumb Drive I have to delete all instances of config.txt from my SD card to force it to look for the config file on my USB drive.

I have thumb drive plugged into the SD slot closest to the side.

ON USB Thumb Drive (Formatted to FAT):

/usb-loader/
/wbfs/

My Config.txt inside USB:/usb-loader/ file looks like this:
--------------------------------------------
device = usb
partition=FAT1
ios=222-mload

# theme
theme = BlueMatrix

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
---------------------------------------------

Yet when I run Configurable USB Loader from homebrew it says:

WBFS (or something like that): SD

Mounting Drive (30 sec)

Then times out.

What the heck am I doing wrong?!

and even before this I did manage to get it to target my USB drive, but when I tried to load the game it just said something like:

Using 222-mload switching........[FAT].....

then it just hangs there.

Also before while USB drive was being targetted properly I kept on trying to download the covers but it kept on saying it couldn't create dir...... but I had already created all the dirs : /usb-loader/covers, /usb-loader/covers/3d etc.

Ive been as thorough as I can. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! PM, EMAIL, Reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizard1 said:
Ok can some please tell me what Im doing wrong because I've been trying to get this thing to work for the past 3 hours (running up and down the stairs) and im starting to get pissed off:

I have Configurable USB Loader installed on homebrew via SD card. And I am trying to get .WBFS files to read and load from USB 2gb Thumb Drive (just as a proof of concept for myself)

ON SD:

/Apps/USBLoader
/usb-loader/

Now according to my understanding in order for Configurable USB Loader to run on my USB Thumb Drive I have to delete all instances of config.txt from my SD card to force it to look for the config file on my USB drive.

/usb-loader/
/wbfs/

device = usb
partition=FAT1
ios=222-mload

# theme
theme = BlueMatrix

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

Mounting Drive (30 sec)

Then times out.

and even before this I did manage to get it to target my USB drive, but when I tried to load the game it just said something like:

Also before while USB drive was being targetted properly I kept on trying to download the covers but it kept on saying it couldn't create dir...... but I had already created all the dirs : /usb-loader/covers, /usb-loader/covers/3d etc.

Ive been as thorough as I can. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! PM, EMAIL, Reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem.

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hatsu said:
Wizard1 said:

ON SD:

/Apps/USBLoader
/usb-loader/

/usb-loader/
/wbfs/

device = usb
partition=FAT1
ios=222-mload

# theme
theme = BlueMatrix

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

Mounting Drive (30 sec)

Then times out.

I had the same problem.

Ok so how did you fix/figure it out? Thanks.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
Wizard1 said:

ON SD:

/Apps/USBLoader
/usb-loader/

/usb-loader/
/wbfs/

device = usb
partition=FAT1
ios=222-mload

# theme
theme = BlueMatrix

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

Mounting Drive (30 sec)

Then times out.

try this on usb stick and dont have the sd card in
USB:
\Apps\USBLoader
\usb-loader\
\wbfs\

does that work... if it does try

SD:
\usb-loader\

USB:
\Apps\USBLoader
\wbfs\

QUOTEand even before this I did manage to get it to target my USB drive, but when I tried to load the game it just said something like:
what did u change from there for it to stop...

msl124

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wizard1 said:

I have Configurable USB Loader installed on homebrew via SD card. And I am trying to get .WBFS files to read and load from USB 2gb Thumb Drive (just as a proof of concept for myself).......
same problem here, no idea why
my usb drive work fine with ios249 + wbfs partition

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
i edited my post for if u want the covers etc on the sd but it to still run on the usb u may have to change a few config settings to direct the covers to sd instead of usb
hopefully it works

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try this on usb stick and dont have the sd card in

/Apps/USBLoader
/usb-loader/
/wbfs/

does that work...

No it doesn't

-------------------------
222 Load ok

FAT32 Mount: NONE

Mounting Drive...... Times out

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
worked for the other guy
maybe re download the program from the first page and make sure u choose the fat dol
what firmware and versions of cios are u running

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bert02 said:
QUOTE said:
what firmware and versions of cios are u running
what firmware...
are u running the latest revisions of ios... get the latest and try again

Firmware: 4.1U

IOS: 249
Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37
Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60

OK....I tried what was suggested before (no sd card in slot, just USB Drive) and got:
----------------------------------
Select WBFS Device

Fat32 Mount: None
CFG Base: SD:/Usb-loader/
Loader: 50c-Fat
IOS222 (Rev 4) [FAT]

Mounting drive........ TIME OUT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox